Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Glasgow K.O. Cup 25th May 2018

Teams as per Edinburgh web site:-

STAGGS BAR MONARCHS: Ricky Wells, Joel Andersson, Mark Riss, Max Ruml, Erik Riss (capt.), Coty Garcia, Josh Pickering.

ALLIED VEHICLES TIGERS: Chris Harris (capt.), Lewis Kerr, Claus Vissing, Paul Starke, Richie Worrall, Jack Thomas, James Sarjeant.

Having previously lost at home to the  Tigers by seven in the Shield, imo Glasgow will be favourites again.

Although they had a blip at home to Worky, their riders seem to have had a good week riding for their other teams, with Sarjeant in particular having an 8 pt return for Leicester on Monday.

Monarchs will hope that Mark Riss can replicate his form in the Scottish Open, but I do not hold out much hope that Andersson will shake off his mediocre form.

If Starke is fully fit, would not be surprised if Tigers post 50 points tomorrow :sad:

Edited by cyclone

looking forward to reading another twenty pages of cr4p . 

2 hours ago, jenga said:

looking forward to reading another twenty pages of cr4p . 

If you add up all your posts it is probably near 20 pages if you see where I am going with this :D.

i certainly dont mind adding a bit to any thread , if you see where i am going with this !

Monarchs to win this tonight by around 8 as in general we have been less than impressive away from home.

It then sets things up for a close finish on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

Monarchs to win this tonight by around 8 as in general we have been less than impressive away from home.

It then sets things up for a close finish on Sunday.

Have to agree with you and id settle for 8 as I think it will be more. Chris having blown one engine to bits has wrecked another bike riding for rye house . so goodness knows what he'll be riding maybe one of the bikes that kept failing early in the season? Paul back from injury and having to ride a tight technical track not the best type of track to make a comeback and Jack brilliant prospect but it takes years to learn Armadale and some never do. so relying on lewis, Richie and Claus and james whose last away match saw him score 0 at Redcar when riding at reserves - even Alfie bowtell got one for Lakeside at Redcar yesterday (no disrespect Alfie). So if 4 riders can't gat a win at Redcar, cant see how 3 can at Armadlae. Throw in the return of Coty Garcia and that makes the monarchs even stronger. Just hope i'm wrong though a big win for the monarchs could see more than 20 Edinburgh fans come through on Sunday which would be good.

i thought his mechs had solved the problem with his engines or was that billshut from a certain poster ?  

aye , words are cheap . this cost jack !

good to read that sharpenrake and co have finally admitted that armadale is a trick track even for glasgow to visit .. .lol.

Edited by jenga

Now you can say all you like about Bomber but saying he took a dive with first bend bunching is just a silly comment to make.

However 2 point defeat is better than i expected,  should be enough but you can never be overly confident with this team.

Which Harris will turn up on Sunday?

32 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Now you can say all you like about Bomber but saying he took a dive with first bend bunching is just a silly comment to make.

However 2 point defeat is better than i expected,  should be enough but you can never be overly confident with this team.

I saw updates and the comments but did the referee actually state that Harris was excluded for diving, who was the referee

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

I saw updates and the comments but did the referee actually state that Harris was excluded for diving, who was the referee

I would be surprised if it was the ref, i thought it was the opinion of the texter.

Strange comment to make regardless though.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

I would be surprised if it was the ref, i thought it was the opinion of the texter.

Strange comment to make regardless though.

I can think of a few riders who play the submarine reaction but Harris isn’t one of them

2 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I can think of a few riders who play the submarine reaction but Harris isn’t one of them

That is why i found the comment strange, a more honest and fair rider than Bomber you will not meet.

Edited by Gazc