British Speedway Forum
cyclone

Edinburgh vs Glasgow K.O. Cup 25th May 2018

Good meeting , a bit rough on Bomber, he felt that he was taken out, should have been all 4 back and Mark Riss was a bit naughty with Claus Vissing. Some cracking racing , Erik Riss is becoming a very accomplished rider and his brother Mark is stepping up to the heat leader role, just needs a bit of consistency. For the Tiggers , Richie was immense , especially when the pressure was on.  Nice to see young Jack get a point after his first 2 rides as he looked as though he was really struggling with the technical track. Didn't  think we would have got a 5-1 in heat 14 , so well done Paul and James for stopping the momentum for the monarchs.

• Like 2

Josh being at reserve hasn’t turned out the bonus Edinburgh thought it would be. Gating ...... lack of still a big problem. Always gives it a go though. Good from Mark tonight but needs to be more consistent. Still to be convinced he is a third heat leader. Think Monarchs will be turned over in second leg unless 5 of the boys come to the party on Sunday. 

9 hours ago, Gazc said:

That is why i found the comment strange, a more honest and fair rider than Bomber you will not meet.

You may be right and I wasn't at the Diddle to see it last night and couldn't but I have seen Harris jump off a couple of times at least in the past. 

Some decent racing last night, will take the win even if it’s only by 2 as I wasn’t expecting it. Ricky, Erik and mark were looking fast, joel had a few good rides also, josh is possibly the worst gater I’ve ever seen someone really has to help him with that. Garcia had one decent ride and don’t know what’s going on with max just now made a couple of starts last night but seems to be riding all the wrong lines.

Edited by Mr Blobby

49 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Some decent racing last night, will take the win even if it’s only by 2 as I wasn’t expecting it. Ricky, Erik and mark were looking fast, joel had a few good rides also, josh is possibly the worst gater I’ve ever seen someone really has to help him with that. Garcia had one decent ride and don’t know what’s going on with max just now made a couple of starts last night but seems to be riding all the wrong lines.

So much for Josh going to be one of the strongest reserves in the league, as was touted before the season started. You're right, his gating is woeful and if he can't improve it very soon, he will find fans beginning to turn against him, despite the fact that he is able to command a following for his from the back passes.

2 minutes ago, stewmac said:

So much for Josh going to be one of the strongest reserves in the league, as was touted before the season started. You're right, his gating is woeful and if he can't improve it very soon, he will find fans beginning to turn against him, despite the fact that he is able to command a following for his from the back passes.

He's too one dimensional, can only seem to ride throttle full on scraping round the boards, not exactly suited to Armadale. Actually he's much more prolific at Ashfield. 

13 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

Good meeting , a bit rough on Bomber, he felt that he was taken out, should have been all 4 back and Mark Riss was a bit naughty with Claus Vissing. Some cracking racing , Erik Riss is becoming a very accomplished rider and his brother Mark is stepping up to the heat leader role, just needs a bit of consistency. For the Tiggers , Richie was immense , especially when the pressure was on.  Nice to see young Jack get a point after his first 2 rides as he looked as though he was really struggling with the technical track. Didn't  think we would have got a 5-1 in heat 14 , so well done Paul and James for stopping the momentum for the monarchs.

Eh? - I take it you were referring to the brilliant ht 12?

Have a look at the video of ht 12 on the BSPA website & tell us all how Riss "was a bit naughty" with Vissing.

Overall there was some good races, with Monarchs generally struggling to match Tigers gating prowess, adding to the entertainment.

As I expected a 10pt duffing from the Mighty Tigers:P so to claw back an early 6pt deficit and end up winning on the night was a surprise.

As the ref had announced, praise to both sides in completing the meeting super quick:t:

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 12:40 PM, cyclone said:

Eh? - I take it you were referring to the brilliant ht 12?

Have a look at the video of ht 12 on the BSPA website & tell us all how Riss "was a bit naughty" with Vissing.

Overall there was some good races, with Monarchs generally struggling to match Tigers gating prowess, adding to the entertainment.

As I expected a 10pt duffing from the Mighty Tigers:P so to claw back an early 6pt deficit and end up winning on the night was a surprise.

As the ref had announced, praise to both sides in completing the meeting super quick:t:

cant see nowt hard,  or dangerous riding by riss  on viss !  Glasgow  looking for something that is not there .

8 minutes ago, jenga said:

cant see nowt hard,  or dangerous riding by riss  on viss !  Glasgow  looking for something that is not there .

We have previous on looking for something thats not there.

Signing riders that are unable to hold there starting average being one.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 5:51 AM, Mr Blobby said:

Can’t see anything other than an away win tonight 

Blob..... you really need to get over the negative attitude m8