British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton v Poole Prem B. 28/5/18

14 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Where's Lord Shovlar ? 

Driving home. Good to chat with him and the other Poole fans tonight.

Something of a lucky escape for Wolves, somehow pulling it out with just six race winners. But there you go, nothing like a last-gasp 5-1 in front of your biggest crowd of the season!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Shale Searcher said:

We squeaked it at Leicester, against Belle Vue with only 5 race winners, 47 to 43!!!

Ah, Monmore was a massacre then!

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

If you can please point out any of my above post that sounds false then please do.

Does the truth hurt?

Gavan, you are more than welcome to voice an opinion on a Wolves thread or any other thread :)

wolves got out of jail with that last heat. How Poole could throw that away I’m amazed.

still it’s good to see the Pirates performing well now that averages allow better riders to come into the team, no one could have predicted that. ;)

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

5-1 to British reserves in heat 2 against a gp standard pole and one that was supposed to be a hell of a lot better than he has been. 

Maybe Poole might back the Brits one day!!

Which country is Richie from then??!

Gavan, you really need to take a chill pill and have a step back, you have really upped the obsession again and can't be good for you! Maybe if you are so interested in Poole, go and spend the day at the beach there, much better for you I would have thought. :)

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Gavan, you really need to take a chill pill and have a step back, you have really upped the obsession again and can't be good for you! Maybe if you are so interested in Poole, go and spend the day at the beach there, much better for you I would have thought. :)

I'm sure Margate beach is just as nice & much closer 

6 minutes ago, Col said:

Doesn't help with his Poole obsession though! :)

25 minutes ago, Col said:

And he's got a new Missus it seems so i'm sure she'd like a break 

A very unexpectedly close meeting with Poole unlucky to lose it in the end!  Looks like certain Poole riders have sorted themselves out - just in time for them to strengthen - interesting!

4 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Top 3 is already sorted

in no order

Swindon, Wolves & Belle Vue

but the battle for 4th will go down to the wire.

At which away tracks do you think Belle Vue will pick up the points they lost at home to Kings Lynn?  Which team do you think will go to Kings Lynn & win?

Just reading last night's prog didn't realise that Doc Bridgett is no longer the Wolves track curator 

A much better performance last night from Pirates. We were in the meeting and battling all the way but the writing was on the wall with heats 13 and 15 to come and so it proved, albeit with a comedy of errors in heat 15 making the job that much easier for Wolves, whose fans celebrated like they had won the league after their two heat leaders managed to beat Poole’s number 7 reserve from the tapes. 

Big crowd, decent atmosphere. Woryna clearly the man of the meeting, taking one ride to feel his way around Monmore before putting on an excellent display of fast riding and passing. A shame heat 15 was one step too far but those are the brakes.

Poole, in this weaked state, ran Wolves close. It’s clear where the problem lies and a couple of changes in the 3 and 4 berths, plus Klindt coming in, will make quite a difference. Josh must realise his place in the team is now in serious doubt. Struggling badly and not looking like scoring. He can be replaced by Holder or similar, showing how much stronger we can be. 

Spanner as expected struggled. He did put enough pressure on Heeps for him to make a mistake and get through though.

Big talking point was the huge roller by Howarth to get the big 5-1. The whole stadium saw it but the ref let it go. Disgraceful to be honest. The Wolves fans I was talking to at the interval said they couldn’t believe their luck on that. 

Heat 15 though was a farce from Pooles point of view. Wolves had Schlein and Thorsell of 1 and 3, and both had dialled in after shaky starts. Brady knew he had to gate otherwise it would be all over but the ref held the tapes for an extra second and through them went Brady. Then to add to the farce, Sundstrom, not being aware that he couldn’t leave the track, rode back to the pits for a chain adjustment. Now I don’t think Poland or Sweden have the same rules but it was a silly mistake which took away and chance of coming away with more than a point.

But positive signs from the team and things will get better.

Message to Gavan. You completely lost it last night with your trolling.  Other than the fact you made a complete and utter fool of yourself on here, as others have already stated, you should perhaps seek medical advice on your obsessive hatred towards Poole. Something in your head is not right.

• Like 3