British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton v Poole Prem B. 28/5/18

11 hours ago, Gavan said:

Heat 12 I think you will find.

And yes great management from Middlo to replace a rider struggling with a reserve who was going well and you call that hard work lol

Woryna at reserve will do well but it’s no good if the replacement in the main body gets 1 or 2. 

Nielsen and Woryna got 17 between them the other week. Tonight Starke and Woryna got 13. It’s ok Woryna scoring well but only if the other rider gets his 6 or 7.

Very true ht 12, sorry, typo, after that we only had to see the meeting out,   It will do Woryna the world of good to drop to reserve. He has a lot of abillity and this should help him build his confidence.  Starkeys just a stop gap until Klint comes in. Then we have to get the rest of the side firing.  We are improving, as ive already said, and last night showed that. But ht 15 was suicidal..We will get there, rest assured.

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Something has changed? Something HAD to change after last season when the updates site was reporting fall after fall and the track catching riders out on a weekly basis besides the horrible YouTube clips showing first lindgren and then howarth being caught out by the track.

One or two wolves fans got all precious over my horror track criticism (they do cheer crashes though?) but, new track man or not, I'm pleased my comments appear to have been taken on board by the people that matter.

Let's hope it doesn't go back to being the horror track again.

It was only a matter of time.

Doc I believe has retired on Ill health grounds. No doubt it won’t stop you trolling the ‘horror track’ line over and over again.

What a complete cock up by the Poole riders in heat 15.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

What a complete cock up by the Poole riders in heat 15.  

Linus did say on twitter he didn't know about that rule and last time he rode over here it probably didn't exist. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Linus did say on twitter he didn't know about that rule and last time he rode over here it probably didn't exist. 

If that's the case perhaps somebody should have told him the manager or the captain ?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Rider safety and campaigning against a track with a horrific record of incidents last season is trolling!

Only you could post that.

That’s the track with multiple track awards of course you mean.

The usual attempt to troll a wolves thread with horror track nonsense.At the last attempt I believe your ‘campaign’ was a 2 or 3 person brigade. :lol::rofl:

6 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Anyway onto Heeps, too fat so not fit enough, or just not good enough.

Extremely slow. He wouldn't have scored many more last night from.reserve..

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A much better performance last night from Pirates. We were in the meeting and battling all the way but the writing was on the wall with heats 13 and 15 to come and so it proved, albeit with a comedy of errors in heat 15 making the job that much easier for Wolves, whose fans celebrated like they had won the league after their two heat leaders managed to beat Poole’s number 7 reserve from the tapes. 

Big crowd, decent atmosphere. Woryna clearly the man of the meeting, taking one ride to feel his way around Monmore before putting on an excellent display of fast riding and passing. A shame heat 15 was one step too far but those are the brakes.

Poole, in this weaked state, ran Wolves close. It’s clear where the problem lies and a couple of changes in the 3 and 4 berths, plus Klindt coming in, will make quite a difference. Josh must realise his place in the team is now in serious doubt. Struggling badly and not looking like scoring. He can be replaced by Holder or similar, showing how much stronger we can be. 

Spanner as expected struggled. He did put enough pressure on Heeps for him to make a mistake and get through though.

Big talking point was the huge roller by Howarth to get the big 5-1. The whole stadium saw it but the ref let it go. Disgraceful to be honest. The Wolves fans I was talking to at the interval said they couldn’t believe their luck on that. 

Heat 15 though was a farce from Pooles point of view. Wolves had Schlein and Thorsell of 1 and 3, and both had dialled in after shaky starts. Brady knew he had to gate otherwise it would be all over but the ref held the tapes for an extra second and through them went Brady. Then to add to the farce, Sundstrom, not being aware that he couldn’t leave the track, rode back to the pits for a chain adjustment. Now I don’t think Poland or Sweden have the same rules but it was a silly mistake which took away and chance of coming away with more than a point.

But positive signs from the team and things will get better.

Message to Gavan. You completely lost it last night with your trolling.  Other than the fact you made a complete and utter fool of yourself on here, as others have already stated, you should perhaps seek medical advice on your obsessive hatred towards Poole. Something in your head is not right.

He is entitled to his opinion and most of it is true, last night was a glorious chance missed but all in all it was an encouraging performance by the Pirates.Woryna all of us know what a talent he is so to have him at reserve is a real plus also i did not realise how good Woryna was from the back he is a strong charger.But  it makes no difference if Starke 1) MS 1 and Josh underperform and bringing in Klindt  i just don't get that one you need battlers at the moment to get you out of your predicament.Leicester tomorrow has to be commanding win  a confidence booster to set you up for a final push.

16 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Extremely slow. He wouldn't have scored many more last night from.reserve..

Got a brand new PJR for this season as well.

38 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

It didn't win last season?

I can only comment on my campaign, though I'm happy to share the credit for this seasons apparent improvement.

As usual trolling on a wolves thread that has nothing to do with meeting, distracting from a good meeting with a big crowd. Quelle surprise. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Quite surprised I thought Poole were gonna get defrocked but reading reports it seems it was a good meeting which is good, never anticipated the scoreline being so close.

Whats this going round some Poole fan claims they were verbally and physically assaulted last night by a wolves fan did anyone see this incident?

I've been to wolves many a time as a opposition fan and also to cheer on wolves and too be honest I've never seen a whiff of aggro there in fact I would go as far to say as it is one the the friendlier tracks I've been to and this alleged behaviour surprises me..

Edited by ProudtobeaBrummie