British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Wolverhampton v Poole Prem B. 28/5/18

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A much better performance last night from the pre-season favourites Pirates. We were in the meeting and battling all the way but the writing was on the wall with heats 13 and 15 for our team of chokers to come and so it proved, albeit with a comedy of errors in heat 15 making the job that much easier for Wolves, whose fans celebrated like they had won the league match after Poole's two representatives managed to melt in the Monmore cauldron and their two heat leaders managed to beat Poole’s under performing second string and now relegated to the number 7 reserve from the tapes. 

Big crowd plus me and my mate from Poole, made for a decent atmosphere. Woryna clearly was my man of the meeting, taking pootling around in his one first ride to feel his way around Monmore before putting on an excellent display of fast riding and passing. A shame heat 15 was one step too far but those are the brakes.

Poole, the pre-season favourites and, in this weaked state, because of there own making, ran Wolves close. It’s clear where the problem lies, although I cannot say its Matt's and Neil's fault so will say a couple of changes in the 3 and 4 berths, plus Klindt coming in, will make quite a difference. Josh must realise his place in the team is now in serious doubt. Struggling badly and not looking like scoring. He can be replaced by Holder or similar, showing how much stronger we can be. 

Spanner as expected struggled to beat quality riders such as Greaves and Morris. He did put enough pressure on Heeps, for him to make a mistake and get through though and fully deserve his pay day.

Big talking point was not the huge roller by Howarth to get the big 5-1 but why this Poole team touted as favourites by the nearly everyone are bottom of the table. The whole stadium saw it but the ref let it go. Disgraceful to be honest. The Wolves fans I was talking to at the interval said they couldn’t believe their luck on that and laughed, a lot. 

Heat 15 though was a farce from Pooles point of view because yet again Gavan has been proved right re Brady Kurtz. Wolves had Schlein and Thorsell of 1 and 3, and both had dialled in after shaky starts. Brady knew he had to gate  use his brain otherwise it would be all over but the ref held the tapes for an extra second  did his job and unfortunately brain dead Brady went and through them went Brady. Then to add to the farce rub salt in to the wound, Sundstrom, failed in the basic task of understanding the new regulations in this country and not being aware that he couldn’t leave the track, rode back to the pits for a chain adjustment. Now I don’t think Poland or Sweden have the same rules but it was a silly mistake which took away and chance of coming away with more than a point and for that I blame him.

But positive signs from the team and things will get better from the pre-season 7/4 favourites.

Message to Gavan. You completely lost it last night with your trolling.  Other than the fact you made a complete and utter fool of yourself on here, as others have already stated, you should perhaps seek medical advice on your obsessive hatred towards Poole. Something in your head is not right.

I think this would be a more balanced view....

Edited by theblueboy
  • Haha 1

I'm sure I recall something similar happening with some visiting Belle Vue fans a couple of seasons ago?!

I didn’t see anything myself but that’s not to say it didn’t happen. 

44 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Whats this going round some Poole fan claims they were verbally and physically assaulted last night by a wolves fan did anyone see this incident?

I've been to wolves many a time as a opposition fan and also to cheer on wolves and too be honest I've never seen a whiff of aggro there in fact I would go as far to say as it is one the the friendlier tracks I've been to and this alleged behaviour surprises me..

I was talking to the Poole fan in question. She said someone came from the bar and pushed them from behind.

The Poole fans were stood behind the metal fence (oppo startline) and had been making a lot of noise including booing their Scramble man all night

Not sure if the incident was reported to the security or management.

Edited by superguest

1 hour ago, mj82 said:

Kurtz really can't handle the big pressure races. 

He's only a young rider and looks very stylish and is not scared to chase riders.

If there's a concern for Poole riders - its not with Kurtz!

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Whats this going round some Poole fan claims they were verbally and physically assaulted last night by a wolves fan did anyone see this incident?

I've been to wolves many a time as a opposition fan and also to cheer on wolves and too be honest I've never seen a whiff of aggro there in fact I would go as far to say as it is one the the friendlier tracks I've been to and this alleged behaviour surprises me..

I hope your right mate. Speedway has always been known as a friendly sport. Ok everybody sticks up for there clubs, some on here take it a stride to far, but we do not need that in Speedway. its also creeping into horse racing, and we dont need that either thats why its being jumped on, now.. I ask any fan from any club, if they see this sort of behaviour they should report it to the stewards forthwith.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I hope your right mate. Speedway has always been known as a friendly sport. Ok everybody sticks up for there clubs, some on here take it a stride to far, but we do not need that in Speedway. its also creeping into horse racing, and we dont need that either thats why its being jumped on, now.. I ask any fan from any club, if they see this sort of behaviour they should report it to the stewards forthwith.

Agree i can't stand big horse meetings nowadays full of drunks give me a provisional meeting like Wednesday at bangor any day .

But yes as there is little to no stewards at meeting we need to self police it a little and make sure that these bullies know they won't be tolerated.

The lady in question has said tbf that she was graceful to many wolves fans who came to her aid .

30 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Obvs never been to a Wolves v Cradley meet Starry. The alleged incident last night, as abhorrent as it is said to have been, sounds like small beer to what I've witnessed at Dudley Wood & Monmore. 

Doesn't make it right of course but perspective is needed.

Edited by Wolfsbane
  • Like 3

Of all the tracks I've been to Wolves is slightly aggressive in my experience. 

3 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Bloody hell, you should have gone to the Wolves v Cradley matches in the early 70S...…!!!!

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Bloody hell, you should have gone to the Wolves v Cradley matches in the early 70S...…!!!!

Well I wasn't born until the 80s so I can only judge it on my experience .

The cradley fans are a particularly unpleasant bunch and I found the Coventry lot the same ...

Personally I was unable to go last night which is a shame as I always enjoy my trips to Monmore. I have usually found the Wolves fans to be a very friendly and polite bunch so it is a surprise to me that this incident has been mentioned.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Of all the tracks I've been to Wolves is slightly aggressive in my experience. 

How is a track slightly aggressive then?  Does it chuck up stones at the riders? :wink:

All clubs have their resident nutters - that's just life - as long as they don't go over the top it is usually just friendly banter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

How is a track slightly aggressive then?  Does it chuck up stones at the riders? :wink:

All clubs have their resident nutters - that's just life - as long as they don't go over the top it is usually just friendly banter.

:lol: :lol:

I meant fans at the track, I have noticed Wolves fans do like trying to walk through people, maybe they are training to be ghosts!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Linus did say on twitter he didn't know about that rule and last time he rode over here it probably didn't exist. 

In which case Middleditch wants shooting! Dear me.

• Like 1