British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership • Swindon v Somerset • 28/05/18

22 hours ago, womble53 said:

So on the basis of this one meeting at Swindon, the Rebels need to make changes, do they?

In that case, so do the Robins last three opponents at the Abbey......

Rye House LOST 59-31

Wolverhampton LOST 51-39

Poole LOST 50-39

Even Belle Vue lost 52-38 in the Charity Shield

In fact, only Kings Lynn posted a score in the 40's. I think you're confusing being well beaten by a very good team on their own patch, with the Rebels being a bad team, which they certainly are not. If you go back over the seasons, this is a typical overreaction by yourself to a poor performance by the Rebels, although one which is in keeping with most other visitors to Wiltshire this season.

To be honest, the Rebels five performances away from home have been mixed, but OK & no worse than expected in some cases, they took a point at Rye House, with Jake Allen injured & withdrawn after his first ride. They took a point at Belle Vue, in a meeting they could have drawn, or even won, with a little good fortune. The others are not pretty reading, I'll grant you, but apart from away to Leicester, I certainly wouldn't have expected more at Wolverhampton, where the Rebels have been humped on most visits (or, in fact, all visits), and last night, which I've already covered.

So for me, no they don't need to make changes, and if they did, I'd certainly trust Garry May to choose the right time to do it, which for me is not now.

Wake up Kelvin, and don't be so soft!

I hear that Somerset are giving away Rose Tinted glasses free of charge to all home fans attending there next home meeting !!!!

14 hours ago, Fred5 said:

I think its you that needs to wake up, as to make such a rubbish statement,  you obviously were not there.  This Rebels performance was pathetic, the worst team I have seen at The Abbey this season.   Allen and Lawson just appeared to be not trying,  Wright a mere shadow of the rider when he was with us and Jeppeson clueless.   Losing is not a sin, but its how you lose that matters and apart from Doyle, Holder and Wilson Dean this team was really poor.  So unless you were there, you have no idea how bad the Rebels were. 

You have a wonderful following of supporters, who are a credit to Somerset and speedway and definitely deserve better from their team.

I think I may even have spied the Confederate  flag, good on you guys, you deserve a decent team.

You're right I wasn't there, but I do know how poor they were on the night, my point is that Rebelwonderkid's post appeared to be made on the basis of the one meeting, and is not the first time he's made such posts. Whilst I wasn't at the Abbey, I have seen the team on the road this season, and from that, am sure that this was not a typical away performance, but a poor one against a very strong team on their own turf.

I think tonights win at Kings Lynn might go some way to proving my point. The first team to score 40+ pts at the Adrian Flux & first home defeat of the season for the Stars, so yes they were shocking on Monday, but that's only one meeting. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bignite said:

I hear that Somerset are giving away Rose Tinted glasses free of charge to all home fans attending there next home meeting !!!!

I think Rebel supporters had "Rose Tinted Glasses" at Kings Lynn last night

Note to all Rebels supporters "Get Some Rose Tinted Glasses"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, womble53 said:

You're right I wasn't there, but I do know how poor they were on the night, my point is that Rebelwonderkid's post appeared to be made on the basis of the one meeting, and is not the first time he's made such posts. Whilst I wasn't at the Abbey, I have seen the team on the road this season, and from that, am sure that this was not a typical away performance, but a poor one against a very strong team on their own turf.

I think tonights win at Kings Lynn might go some way to proving my point. The first team to score 40+ pts at the Adrian Flux & first home defeat of the season for the Stars, so yes they were shocking on Monday, but that's only one meeting. 

see them Rose Tinted glasses are that dam good, you know how poor they were on the night, yet you were not even there

I cant wait to pick my pair up on June 13th

4 hours ago, idh said:

I think Rebel supporters had "Rose Tinted Glasses" at Kings Lynn last night

Note to all Rebels supporters "Get Some Rose Tinted Glasses"

Good for them. and a great result

you are obviously in the know, how do you manage these Rose Tinted Glasses before the next home meeting, please tell

16 hours ago, womble53 said:

No, not  at all, Rebelwonderkid  got it spot on.   How about  this for a recipe.   New  averages in place on Fri 1st June,  your  team managers remarks after the meeting on Mon and his tough reputation,  a team with possibly a few points to play with and some under performing riders, equates to,   I think I need to get my finger out or I could be replaced.  

On 5/29/2018 at 6:41 AM, womble53 said:

So on the basis of this one meeting at Swindon, the Rebels need to make changes, do they?

In that case, so do the Robins last three opponents at the Abbey......

Rye House LOST 59-31

Wolverhampton LOST 51-39

Poole LOST 50-39

Even Belle Vue lost 52-38 in the Charity Shield

In fact, only Kings Lynn posted a score in the 40's. I think you're confusing being well beaten by a very good team on their own patch, with the Rebels being a bad team, which they certainly are not. If you go back over the seasons, this is a typical overreaction by yourself to a poor performance by the Rebels, although one which is in keeping with most other visitors to Wiltshire this season.

To be honest, the Rebels five performances away from home have been mixed, but OK & no worse than expected in some cases, they took a point at Rye House, with Jake Allen injured & withdrawn after his first ride. They took a point at Belle Vue, in a meeting they could have drawn, or even won, with a little good fortune. The others are not pretty reading, I'll grant you, but apart from away to Leicester, I certainly wouldn't have expected more at Wolverhampton, where the Rebels have been humped on most visits (or, in fact, all visits), and last night, which I've already covered.

So for me, no they don't need to make changes, and if they did, I'd certainly trust Garry May to choose the right time to do it, which for me is not now.

Wake up Kelvin, and don't be so soft!

I think after your win last night your post was proved correct looking at it how many away wins have there been away not many.Also Swindon are  a very strong side at home a terrific top five with great backing from Zach.I do think Somerset are in the mix for fourth spot with Lynn,Poole, all to play for.

• Like 3