British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, AlexBrady said:

Planning on taking my (soon to be) wife and our 1 year old to this - At the risk of being incredibly naïve, can anyone recommend where is best to stay ie a decent hotel etc? Thank you in advance.

If Torun is fully booked stay in Bydgoszcz as it's much cheaper.  R&R gave me some help when I was thinking of a similar trip.   The two towns are not far apart by train, bus or taxi.      

www.booking.com   is useful app for hotels     read the hotel reviews and the grading scores

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

Still some availability, found one good hotel for two nights, 3 people at £226.00, some cheaper ones too.

On 6/12/2018 at 11:50 PM, mikec said:

On 5/30/2018 at 12:10 PM, hardtobeat said:

I know its a fair way off yet, and lots could change - but... are there any meetings ear marked for the Sunday after Torun?

Trying to work out whether to stay in Torun on the Sunday night too, as the last time we went we ended up staying in Gdansk and flying home on the Monday after the U21 Final.

Thanks

Tomasz Gollob meeting on Sunday in Bydgzszow with a star line up and many ex top riders present too.

On 7/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, AlexBrady said:

Planning on taking my (soon to be) wife and our 1 year old to this - At the risk of being incredibly naïve, can anyone recommend where is best to stay ie a decent hotel etc? Thank you in advance.

I have TWO Apartments available in the centre of Torun. All modern style and at present cheaper than usual. Once gone other properties are charging double these. 

PM with phone number if interested.

TWO APARTMENTS AVAILABLE IN TORUN

IN CENTRE WITHIN YARDS OF SQUARE

PM WITH NUMBER  IF INTERESTED

On 8/5/2018 at 11:20 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

GOOD line-up for the Gollob meeting at Bydgoszcz on the Sunday after Torun...

Do you know if you need to order tickets for this? Or just get them on the day?

9 hours ago, Goldmember06 said:

Do you know if you need to order tickets for this? Or just get them on the day?

There is a separate thread for the meeting in the international section- as always in poland things don`t appear to be straight forward- found this - google translation

The sale of vouchers for the competition will start on 20.08.2018 and will take place only at the club's box office. It will be possible to order vouchers via e-mail biuro@polonia.bydgoszcz.pl or by telephone: +48 726 365 777 or +48 601 681 644.

Ticket sales and exchange of vouchers for tickets will start on October 1, 2018 and will take place at the club's box office and from October 3, 2018 at the box office.

TICKET PRICE

* numbered seats

Grand Tribunal - PLN 200

sector B - normal - PLN 35

sector B - concessions - PLN 25

* unnumbered places

sector C - normal - PLN 25

sector C - concessions - PLN 15

Discounted tickets are available to pensioners, women and youth up to 16 years of age.

Children under 7 years - free admission

We cordially invite you to follow the official profile of the competition:

https://www.facebook.com/AsyDlaTomaszaGolloba/

A photo report from the press conference announcing the competition can be seen in the gallery by Łukasz Wilk:

https://www.facebook.com/luk.wilk/media_set?set=a.1950515531653140.1073742337.100000841359511&type=3

After some advice if possible please:

Thinking of coming to this one and staying in Bydgoszcz for 3 nights.. We will get the train through on morning of GP probably but the last train back seems to be just after 8pm. Will there be any trains added? Or does anyone know if taxi is easier option and best way to book one? 

10 minutes ago, Gaz said:

After some advice if possible please:

Thinking of coming to this one and staying in Bydgoszcz for 3 nights.. We will get the train through on morning of GP probably but the last train back seems to be just after 8pm. Will there be any trains added? Or does anyone know if taxi is easier option and best way to book one? 

There is a  22.59 dep arr 23.39 which is the last one- taxi to the station after the meeting i would suggest.  https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en?revia=yes&existOptimizePrice=1&country=GBR&dbkanal_007=L04_S02_D002_KIN0059_qf-bahn-svb-kl2

I've posted this in the Aces v Wolves thread in the PL section but it may be of interest to anyone going to Torun. 

Craig Cook has tweeted,

"Love this sport but not when one of my mates gets a bad knock.@DanBewley is made of tough stuff though. He is going to need help in his recovery. I am putting up 4 pit passes for the final GP at Torun. Highest bid wins. All monies to my marra. Come on let’s get behind this kid."

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

EmilSayfutdinov89 Retweeted Craig Cook

Guys !!!!! I’m join in the group!!!!! I giving 4 tickets, 4 hats 4 paddock and 4 hoodies!!!!!! Set is: 1ticket 1hat 1hoodie 1 paddock!!! The highest prices winning!!!!!! #helpdan this is the key to help our little friend!!!!!! @EmilRacing89

• Like 3

Evening all,

I am thinking of traveling to Torun for my first GP abroad. 

Is Bydgoszcz the best place to fly to and is there direct trains from airport to Torun or any special coaches laid on for the speedway GP? 

Any advise or tips will be much appreciated.