British Speedway Forum

29 minutes ago, number6 said:

Evening all,

I am thinking of traveling to Torun for my first GP abroad. 

Is Bydgoszcz the best place to fly to and is there direct trains from airport to Torun or any special coaches laid on for the speedway GP? 

Any advise or tips will be much appreciated. 

Welcome to the R and R travel service.;) Bydgoszcz is certainly the nearest airport- although prices can be steep because Ryanair are i believe the only UK airline flying there.

Bydgoszcz airport website gave me this information.

By train. The passengers who get off at the Main Railway Station in Bydgoszcz can easily reach the Airport using the city transport. In front of the Railway Station building you can find the bus stop for line 80 which will take you to the airport.

Possibly there are also Buses that go direct to Torun  from the airport as well as catching the train from Bydgoszcz 

Poznan is another airport people use and it`s covered by more airlines including  Wizzair. one can catch a bus from Poznan airport to Poznan train station from where trains go to Torun.

for rail enquiries i use  https://www.bahn.com/en/view/index.shtml

On 8/26/2018 at 8:39 PM, number6 said:

Evening all,

I am thinking of traveling to Torun for my first GP abroad. 

Is Bydgoszcz the best place to fly to and is there direct trains from airport to Torun or any special coaches laid on for the speedway GP? 

Any advise or tips will be much appreciated. 

Apols- just seen this. If you cannot get Torun accommodation (and are still looking) we stayed at the Bohema Boutique Hotel & Spa in Bydgoszcz last year (Thurs - Sun) and they were brilliant (comfortable, fabulous restaurant, helpful and friendly). We travelled by train to Torun about midday and the hotel organised a fixed price taxi back for us (the time of which was flexed as the meeting finished early). Next time we go we will try to stay in Torun because it seems to have more to offer the tourist than Bydgoszcz but I cannot fault the hotel.

If you're still to secure a room for the Saturday night in Torun, keep an eye on your favourite hotel booking website site for the odd room becoming available last minute (presumably due to late cancellations). 

I've been playing a waiting game across the summer, finally secured a room that's a 2 minute walk from the old square - & not at a crazy price either that other establishments are asking for! Just 3 weeks to go, can't wait, see you's out there! :cheers:

Edited by mikec

15 minutes ago, mikec said:

If you're still to secure a room for the Saturday night in Torun, keep an eye on your favourite hotel booking website site for the odd room becoming available last minute (presumably due to late cancellations). 

I've been playing a waiting game across the summer, finally secured a room that's a 2 minute walk from the old square - & not at a crazy price either that other establishments are asking for! Just 3 weeks to go, can't wait, see you's out there! :cheers:

Stadium all but sold out- only a few very expensive red zone tickets now available.

10 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Stadium all but sold out- only a few very expensive red zone tickets now available.

Great to hear it's gonna be a full house, in that case it may be a good idea for folk not to leave getting in the stadium til the last minute. I did just that in 2016 (having lost track of time in the huge beer tent) & it was a bit chaotic at the turnstiles to say the least!

A mate of mine tried the expensive VIP type tickets last year, & he was a bit underwhelmed by them to be honest. I got my ticket a while back, "sektor gosci", end of the back straight, under 20 quid, great view of the racing there too, would definitely recommend. 

Edited by mikec

No we have our tickets, they are for a couple from southern England that we always meet up with, they have booked hotel and flights a while ago but forgot tickets!

1 hour ago, superclamp said:

No we have our tickets, they are for a couple from southern England that we always meet up with, they have booked hotel and flights a while ago but forgot tickets!

We almost certainly have 2 spare tickets  due to our friends who were travelling with us  have had to pull out at the last minute   . We will be taking the  tickets toTorun with us. Both have my name on them.  

9 minutes ago, par_darrell said:

Apparently seating sold out but you can get standing tickets still

For the Bydgoszcz meeting