British Speedway Forum

On 9/24/2018 at 9:41 PM, Mark said:

Cook said on BT Sport he will ride again this season.  His wrist is not bad and plenty of movement.  Another x-ray on Tuesday as early x-ray's not clear.

Since then it looks doubtful as it may be broken and he can't really avoid finishing bottom of the fifteen so why risk it

Disappointing for Cook, don't think he's had much luck in the series this year. Clearly not going to get a pick for next year but hopefully gets the chance to do the qualifiers again.

Good advert for this at half-time in the Manchester United game last night, unfortunately most watching would have been asleep and missed it

1 hour ago, The Cheese said:

Disappointing for Cook, don't think he's had much luck in the series this year. Clearly not going to get a pick for next year but hopefully gets the chance to do the qualifiers again.

Good advert for this at half-time in the Manchester United game last night, unfortunately most watching would have been asleep and missed it

I would hope that if he doesn't get a place next year that he will be first reserve having only lost out in a run off in the qualifier for an automatic place. He has struggled all year, finally finds his form and gets injured in a race that should never have taken place. The track work should have been done before the meeting started.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I would hope that if he doesn't get a place next year that he will be first reserve having only lost out in a run off in the qualifier for an automatic place. He has struggled all year, finally finds his form and gets injured in a race that should never have taken place. The track work should have been done before the meeting started.

Are the reserves not given to 4th in the challenge then work downwards??

21 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Would be good but I think the likes of Zagar and Vaculik could be ahead of him on the reserve list if they also miss out. If Lambert doesn't get picked I'm sure he will be also.

Craig Cook will be part of BT Sport's coverage on Saturday.    That should work as it will create more conversation.

23 hours ago, Aces51 said:

No chance imo.

Holder, Vaculik, Milik, Drabik, Smektala, Fric ke etc all far more likely

Zmarzlik out in a tough looking first heat off of gate three which doesnt tend to be a great gate at Torun

Although there are no easy races in a gp i dont believe Tai could have wished for a better first two races.

In heat four of of gate two with Holder inside him and Emil and the wildcard outside him.

He then comes out in heat six in red with Pawlicki Lindgren and Milik

Zmarzlik then will come out in 7.

So Tai will have 2 rides before Zmarzlik will.

I can see Tai being on 5 points and Zmarzlik on 2 going into Zmarzliks second ride so Tai would have a 13 point lead at that stage , to much for Zmarzlik in my view