British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Get in there Tai best British rider EVER!!!

Handles the pressure better than anyone what a gate in heat 20

Well done to Woffy. Another British World Champion but best British rider ever, Ha Ha! You've no idea, he wouldn't even get in the great Belle Vue team of 1972. Collins & Craven were far better riders.

4 minutes ago, stevepost said:

Well done to Woffy. Another British World Champion but best British rider ever, Ha Ha! You've no idea, he wouldn't even get in the great Belle Vue team of 1972. Collins & Craven were far better riders.

Yawn

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, r8gdp said:

Spat the dummy out earlier on when I thought smarlik should have been excluded tuned back in for semi finals go woffy  pressure too much for me don t know how the riders cope lol 

It is a lot more stressful watching than competing. When you are competing, you do have control over what you do; when you are watching, you have NO control whatsoever! THAT is the problem...

Steve

28 minutes ago, stevepost said:

Boring and wrong 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Yawn

ZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Boring and wrong 

because he doesn't agree with you ,  you should be happy though .more Tai left for you to love and adore

36 minutes ago, chunky said:

It is a lot more stressful watching than competing. When you are competing, you do have control over what you do; when you are watching, you have NO control whatsoever! THAT is the problem...

Steve

I understand you played darts at the highest level you ve obviously experienced being involved at another level  you ll see things different from the common supporter  woffy tonight dealt with what was thrown at him like a true champion good luck to him 

• Like 1

Congratulations to Tai! Fully deserved title, Bartosz pushed him close but Tai put in a fantastic year. Wonderful to see Tai dedicate the title to two special people in his life. I don't care what anyone says, Tai has grown up massively in the last two years and I thoroughly hope he defends his title next year. A true privilege to watch him win the first GP in Warsaw and I hope next year is even better.

• Like 2

That is true, and the important thing is that if somebody hasn't been in these situations, it is impossible to know what the participants go through. The problem is that you can't really stop things like negative thoughts or adrenaline rushes from happening; all you can learn to do is to deal with them and handle them the best you can. The more you find yourself in those situations, the better you can handle them. That is what I think Zmarzlik's downfall tonight stems from.

Regarding the "watching", I hope you will appreciate my comments here. My dad was one of the top players in the 70's, and I know what I went through watching him. He didn't get it, until he started watching me in major tournaments!

Steve

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adonis said:

ZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

:)

Tai Woffinden, Three Time World Champion :)

Britains Finest :)

The ultra professional and a shining example to the youth of today that if you have a dream and work hard enough to achieve it you can do just that.

• Like 4

Well done ty cant compare him with other champions from my era the 70s as they all rode in britain without trying to run the sport for their own benifit, just a tbought.

• Like 1