British Speedway Forum

Was it just me that thought the racing was less exciting than previous years.     Some good heats but many from the gate.  

Back from Torun after another good trip to Poland. Firstly well done to Tai Woffinden, a deserved World Championship. He had to work for it but unfortunately for Zmarzlik the ten point gap was a bridge too far to gap to a rider of Woffinden's class and experience.  If the gap had been closer, ie 4 or 5 points we may have had a different champion , the energy of the crowd and the pressure involved may have yielded a different result. Heat 1 was fantastic, but mostly the racing was ok, it probably looked better on the TV than being there. Torun is a fantastic stadium , even on my 4th visit it still amazes, the lighting is perfect and that roof is a work of art, thankfully the weather was fine as usual. The other ingredient to a good weekend is good people and I met plenty this weekend as usual, speedway fans are some of the most balanced fair people you could ever meet.

• Like 1