British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar SGB Championship Sun 27th May 2018 @ 6.30pm

33 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Will the wooden spoon be displayed on the centre green?

Depends whether Redcar bring it with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

i read wethers was effective from 26th, but the greensheets now seem to indicate  1st June - just typical of the confusion...… boy does this sport need a barry hearn or someone to sort this sport out

anyway surprised we have gone for doolan as im sure rider replacement would get more ……..  still our under strength diamonds should be too strong for the NEW wooden spoon favourites the Redcar Bears   :D 

Line-ups are:
Diamonds: 1. L Lindgren, 2. D Howe, 3. K Doolan, 4. A Morris, 5. T Aarnio, 6. C Wilkinson, 7. M Wethers

Redcar: 1. B Barker, 2. T Pijper, 3. JB Andersen, 4. T Busch, 5. M Kus, 6. MB Andersen, 7. J Stewart

2 hours ago, leander said:

That's according to Greensheet issue 6. Greensheet issue 8 shows the effective date of 01 June!!

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Issue 8 was showing 26/5/18 earlier on, (in notes) ,,, now doesn't seem to be. Maybe nobody's really sure ?

The issues run consecutively, once an average is shown effective 26/5 that just carries on through each issue. No uncertainty here

19 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The issues run consecutively, once an average is shown effective 26/5 that just carries on through each issue. No uncertainty here

Thanks for clearing that up, its just some don't seem to understand how averages work.

You clearly do ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:
4 hours ago, leander said:

Issue 8 was showing 26/5/18 earlier on, (

No Andersons, no Bush...no point!(not that Redcar were going to get any anyway)

Any thoughts of travelling up for this fixture have been knocked in the head with the latest team news

Both the Anderson brothers will not ride as their flight back from Denmark has been delayed, Bears can only use National league riders as replacements

Also Busch is ill and won't ride , rider replacement will be used

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:
4 hours ago, leander said:

Issue 8 was showing 26/5/18 earlier on, (

No Andersens, no Busch...no point! (not that Redcar were going to get one anyway)

Edited by Bear_Bottom

So it's Newcastle select v Anyone who has a bike and can get there? I'm sure the huge and appreciative crowd will be treated to some close and meaningful battles.

Was goning to turn up tonight but the Redcar team is a total turn off. 7v7 no guests or rider replacement is the exception nowadays. Sad.

Somebody really needs to sort out the Rules and Regulations of Speedway pretty damned quick.

What an unprofessional and incompetent lot those who are responsible appear to be.

Didn't think I would ever say this, but it's a " no show" from the Bears, so it's a no show by me. Not wasting my petrol and entrance money, refreshments etc on such a farce.

8 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

Somebody really needs to sort out the Rules and Regulations of Speedway pretty damned quick.

What an unprofessional and incompetent lot those who are responsible appear to be.

Really?  The rules are in place (for this type of situation), to try and stop riders missing meetings "willy nilly."  Whilst I understand that this situation is probably totally genuine, Redcar could well be fined for fielding an understrength team, but, at the end of the day, it is likely Newcastle who will lose out financially, as fans could (as has already been mentioned by some on here) decide to stay away.

I’ll be there. Love seeing Redcar get plootered.

• Haha 3