British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar SGB Championship Sun 27th May 2018 @ 6.30pm

13 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Really?  The rules are in place (for this type of situation), to try and stop riders missing meetings "willy nilly."  Whilst I understand that this situation is probably totally genuine, Redcar could well be fined for fielding an understrength team, but, at the end of the day, it is likely Newcastle who will lose out financially, as fans could (as has already been mentioned by some on here) decide to stay away.

I was talking about the Averages. Very few, if any appear to understand, with any degree of accuracy, how they work.

You only have to look at this Thread to see that.

I assume they are part of the Rules and Regulations too.

redcar should be fined with the fine going to the diamonds as compensation for what will be a lower crowd

whether redcar then fine andersens is upto them

however this is meant to be a professional sport ...and its upto the riders to get themselves to the track

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, The White Knight said:

I was talking about the Averages. Very few, if any appear to understand, with any degree of accuracy, how they work.

You only have to look at this Thread to see that.

I assume they are part of the Rules and Regulations too.

Art 16.2 of the Speedway Regulations covers averages in detail.

6 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

redcar should be fined with the fine going to the diamonds as compensation for what will be a lower crowd

however this is meant to be a professional sport ...and its upto the riders to get themselves to the track

And if you were on your way back from say  Benidorm and due at work in a few hours after you landed and your flight was delayed them few hours .. What would you do??? 

not my problem …. its the upto the riders to get themselves to the track

as I said this is supposed to be a professional sport ….. I don't see in other sports a team only turning up with half a side

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

Shouldn’t forget that Newcastle have been running with half a team pretty much all season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Art 16.2 of the Speedway Regulations covers averages in detail.

Yep. Clear as mud.

16.2.1 ESTABLISHED MA’s are calculated, for a specified number of applicable Meetings, taking account of the number of heats and points (excluding Bonus Points) that a rider has scored. The applicable Meetings are: SGB Premiership: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs SGB Championship: League Meetings, excluding the Play-Offs National Development League: League Meetings only. Riders appearing as a Guest or as a #8 are ignored (SGBP & SGBC Only) The BSPA are responsible for the calculation, production and circulation of Rider’s MA’s

Why then are Championship Shield meetings included in the Greensheet Averages when 16.2.1 says League meetings., and makes no mention of the Shield or KOC  (which aren't included).

Plus they added the bit about rolling averages about six weeks into the season !

Just asking.

• Like 2

through injury and a retirement ………. not riders failing to make it ………  big difference 

and Newcastle's guests have strengthened the team away from home …………………….

so when a team with an average of 36.9 rolls into town with r/r and 2 nl riders ………. its hardly going to be entertaining 

• Like 1

promised my partner's kids now - otherwise i'd have stayed away. Be plenty of room for them to run about 

So then more a less 30 minutes until the start of this and does anyone know the teams? 

1 hour ago, mauger65 said:

That's the spirit ,  fine the club who have no influence on why the 2 riders will be missing

Fine the club who are already under financial pressure each week and are doing their best to keep speedway going in the area

Everybody knows it's an unacceptable situation but you seem more intent on punishing Redcar speedways regardless on the possible consequences

Maybe we should have said that the meeting in Denmark was rained off so we could get a facility...ring any bells?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

So then more a less 30 minutes until the start of this and does anyone know the teams? 

Gavin Parr and Josh Embleton are the NL guests for Redcar

crowd didn't look too bad to be fair. One man team but Jordan Stewart is going to be a good rider, the Andersons aren't bad but the rest...not so sure. I suppose the main weak link is MK but we kind of knew that right from the start.

3 hours ago, erimus11 said:

That's the spirit ,  fine the club who have no influence on why the 2 riders will be missing

Fine the club who are already under financial pressure each week and are doing their best to keep speedway going in the area

Everybody knows it's an unacceptable situation but you seem more intent on punishing Redcar speedways regardless on the possible consequences

Maybe we should have said that the meeting in Denmark was rained off so we could get a facility...ring any bells?

What meeting?