British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar SGB Championship Sun 27th May 2018 @ 6.30pm

3 hours ago, erimus11 said:

That's the spirit ,  fine the club who have no influence on why the 2 riders will be missing

Fine the club who are already under financial pressure each week and are doing their best to keep speedway going in the area

Everybody knows it's an unacceptable situation but you seem more intent on punishing Redcar speedways regardless on the possible consequences

Maybe we should have said that the meeting in Denmark was rained off so we could get a facility...ring any bells?

Yes but saying the meeting was rained off when in fact they could not get back on time ,that would lead them in hot water and possibly a fine and would be worse for the club.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, erimus11 said:

That's the spirit ,  fine the club who have no influence on why the two riders will be missing...

... you seem more intent on punishing Redcar speedways regardless on the possible consequences

So no one is responsible, then?

I have some sympathy with Redcar but far more for Newcastle who will bear any brunt of this unprofessionalism.

I see that it was only two brothers who say they missed their flight - what about Hans Christian? Was he busy writing the story, then?

I don't think Redcar should be fined: rather,  they should track  Parr and Embleton in their next home meeting and use rr for Busch, for whatever handicap that would be.

Be good to hear the views of the Teesside village idiots on this.

Edited by Terrace Grumbler
Can't slell

2 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I have some sympathy with Redcar but far more for Newcastle who will bear any brunt of this unprofessionalism.

I see that it was only two brothers who say they missed their flight - what about Hans Christian? Was he busy writing the story, then?

I don't think Redcar should be fined: rather,  they should track  Parr and Embleton in their next home meeting and use rr for Busch, for whatever handicap that would be.

If this is you being sympathetic I’d hate to see you when you are being totally unreasonable.

Actually I think I already have.

As it happens, despite Redcar not really being there, there was some decent race especially when Barker was in it, or when the Diamonds missed the gate and when Dolan had to double overtake Stewart in the same race. Good stuff. I agree with some who have sympathy with the Redcar promotion who would expect their riders to do their best to get to a meeting, and in this case natural elements stopped 2 riders getting there, but a touch of Bykeritis probably prevented the other from getting there. Just pleased that Newcastle could help them and Redcar gave Championship League time to both Gavin and Josh. Gavin riding with a cocxyc injury from a big off at a practice session at Redcar yesterday, and Josh, who was already down to ride in the second half, and completed both commitments.  Crowd was down with virtually no-one there from Redcar but with  probably only a few home fans stayed away. Some good hard charging around the boards later on and plenty of overtaking. It could have been a disaster but it was not a bad meeting overall even though the result was never going to be in doubt.

Normally overjoyed when we stuff the Bears, but I was entertained and could feel sorry for their plight. I just think the number of times we nearly had the same experience when the likes of Pep Franc, due in at 3.00pm from Czecho was delayed, we could have been in the same boat.

NB Just though I should have mentioned the excellent offer that Promoter Kevin Keay made last night. As a compensation for his low average side, he asked the fans to keep their admission tickets, and on their next visit to the STMP circuit admission would only be £10. :approve:

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Be good to hear the views of the Teesside village idiots on this.

Care to put some names to these Teesside village idiots you want to hear from

Apart from Barker who was superb entertainment, it was a poor meeting with Kus,Pijper and Stewart very poor.   Even the diamonds looked embarrassed but you can only beat whats put in front of you

Full credit to the Redcar promoter for apologising and making the offer 

Crowd was better than I expected … which was something positive 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, erimus11 said:

That's the spirit ,  fine the club who have no influence on why the 2 riders will be missing

Fine the club who are already under financial pressure each week and are doing their best to keep speedway going in the area

Everybody knows it's an unacceptable situation but you seem more intent on punishing Redcar speedways regardless on the possible consequences

Maybe we should have said that the meeting in Denmark was rained off so we could get a facility...ring any bells?

Yes Redcar should be fined and as it said the fine given to Newcastle to compensate them for the lower crowd and the frankly the very non-competitive meeting supplied to those who attended 

Strangely flights are always delayed ……….  but I cannot recall the last time and rider failed to make it …… the riders have contracts and its there responsibility to get there.... end of …………..   

And what meeting are you on about ?

18 hours ago, mauger65 said:

Yes Redcar should be fined and as it said the fine given to Newcastle to compensate them for the lower crowd and the frankly the very non-competitive meeting supplied to those who attended 

Strangely flights are always delayed ……….  but I cannot recall the last time and rider failed to make it …… the riders have contracts and its there responsibility to get there.... end of …………..   

I was being sarcastic , something that seems to have bypassed certain parts of the north east

There again, according to Terrace Grumbler Teesside has more than its fair share of village idiots, I wonder who he was referring to?

I thought it was forum etiquette to attack the post not the poster, no problem though, I've got broad shoulders!

Back to the speedway,  there have been meetings at most tracks that have been uncompetitive due to ridiculously under strength teams.

I can't recall a club been fined although I stand to be corrected on that point

Naturally I don't see fining Redcar as a solution purely from a selfish point of view, I doubt many speedway clubs can afford to be hit with a financial penalty, especially when they are struggling to make ends meet week on week, season on season 

Edited by erimus11

I agree there are a lot of under-strength teams but in the last few years this has been down to injuries and the doubling up rule and the stupidity of some of rules regarding guests (made of good reasons but with consequences)

Im not having a go at Redcar or their promoters as I would say this about sheffield, lakeside etc - but this was non-attendance by 3 riders … leaving Newcastle out of pocket and those attending short changed ………..  barker apart … it was not a competitive meeting

what has been the biggest disappointment this year is the attitude of quite a lot of away riders who have decided Newcastle is not rideable and are beaten before the tapes go up 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

I agree there are a lot of under-strength teams but in the last few years this has been down to injuries and the doubling up rule and the stupidity of some of rules regarding guests (made of good reasons but with consequences)

Im not having a go at Redcar or their promoters as I would say this about sheffield, lakeside etc - but this was non-attendance by 3 riders … leaving Newcastle out of pocket and those attending short changed ………..  barker apart … it was not a competitive meeting

what has been the biggest disappointment this year is the attitude of quite a lot of away riders who have decided Newcastle is not rideable and are beaten before the tapes go up 

Good post. 7 times British Champion Scott Nicholls did well guesting for...Sheffield? last year. Despite not riding the track for several years and being up against quality home HL opponents (Lambert and Worrall). Oh, and another good performance by Barker tonight. So the track is obviously rideable. Perhaps it sorts the men from the boys?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, erimus11 said:

I was being sarcastic , something that seems to have bypassed certain parts of the north east

but we didn't get a facility because a meeting was rained off, we got a facility cos the rider had been on International or FIM duty and therefore was entitled to the following day off. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mauger65 said:

The Andersen’s were due to fly from Denmark to Stansted, if you read the news there was major disruption to many flights caused by lightning strikes and there was chaos at the airport. On a bank holiday weekend it’s not easy to make alternative arrrangements as flights are always packed.

Fining Redcar in these circumstances would be ridiculous  - I believe the club private jet was in for servicing so that wasn’t an option.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mauger65 said:

Didn’t Robert lambert miss a meeting for Kings Lynn a couple of weeks ago because his flight got delayed even though other riders in same meeting managed to get back? It does happen, nobody can help if a flight gets delayed, the Brothers had the flight arranged so they done all they can, a flight that was due to land at 11:30am ended up landing just after 2pm, and on a busy bank holiday weekend with delays/traffic there was no way they’d of made the meeting in time, it’s not ideal but its not exactly the Brothers fault, people seem to forget that missing meetings means they don’t get a wage, plus the fact that they have lost money on plane tickets, they are already out of pocket

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Fining Redcar in these circumstances would be ridiculous  - I believe the club private jet was in for servicing so that wasn’t an option.

Well thats just plane silly that, having it serviced on a busy weekend !!!

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Well thats just plane silly that, having it serviced on a busy weekend !!!

Good point - double the fine!

Apparently it's Matej Kus mechanic doing the work - cue the pilot looking down at the engine every 30 seconds if for some strange reason it doesn't take off as quickly as usual.

• Like 3