British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar SGB Championship Sun 27th May 2018 @ 6.30pm

18 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Good point - double the fine!

Apparently it's Matej Kus mechanic doing the work - cue the pilot looking down at the engine every 30 seconds if for some strange reason it doesn't take off as quickly as usual.

wohhh,,, now now.

Dunno why riders look down at the engine, its highly unlikely that they'd have much time to fix it, lol

Edited by ruffdiamond

I’m all for riders being required to honour their contract/commitments but sometimes that isn’t possible and common sense has to prevail. Let’s not forget there were actually 5 riders missing from that meeting not just the 3 from Redcar that have been highlighted in this thread. 1 of them being Lewis Rose who also had a contract/commitments. 

Newcastle get a facility for a rider who doesn’t want to ride at the moment whereas Redcar get no such consideration for 2 riders who weren’t able to ride.

I’m not criticising Lewis for taking time out after his injuries, nor am I criticising Newcastle for making best use of the facility afforded to them. The rules are the rules and everything that’s happened here is by the book. Just pointing out that sometimes sh*t happens and there isn’t much you can do about it. 

21 minutes ago, Boro Bare said:

I’m all for riders being required to honour their contract/commitments but sometimes that isn’t possible and common sense has to prevail. Let’s not forget there were actually 5 riders missing from that meeting not just the 3 from Redcar that have been highlighted in this thread. 1 of them being Lewis Rose who also had a contract/commitments. 

Newcastle get a facility for a rider who doesn’t want to ride at the moment whereas Redcar get no such consideration for 2 riders who weren’t able to ride.

I’m not criticising Lewis for taking time out after his injuries, nor am I criticising Newcastle for making best use of the facility afforded to them. The rules are the rules and everything that’s happened here is by the book. Just pointing out that sometimes sh*t happens and there isn’t much you can do about it. 

Good points,,, also if rules were different and 'like for like' guests had been allowed, could they have been sorced. Could the match have been postponed, with agreement from both teams ?

Theo Pijper has been dropped.  Announcement to be made to who replaces him once BSPA approval is given.

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Theo Pijper has been dropped.  Announcement to be made to who replaces him once BSPA approval is given.

Well if listening to some Redcar fans last night is to believed it is Thomas Jorgensen 

10 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Well if listening to some Redcar fans last night is to believed it is Thomas Jorgensen 

Just don't buy an engine off him.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, erimus11 said:

Care to put some names to these Teesside village idiots you want to hear from

Yes, I could give you a couple of names. No strangers to the real Redcar fans though.

We've all got them Dave, don't go down that road again! Stood next to a couple last night. Although the crowd was down it didn't look too bad??

16 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

So no one is responsible, then?

I have some sympathy with Redcar but far more for Newcastle who will bear any brunt of this unprofessionalism.

I see that it was only two brothers who say they missed their flight - what about Hans Christian? Was he busy writing the story, then?

I don't think Redcar should be fined: rather,  they should track  Parr and Embleton in their next home meeting and use rr for Busch, for whatever handicap that would be.

Be good to hear the views of the Teesside village idiots on this.

Busch will miss this weeks two cup matches against Sheffield irrespective of whether h's' fit or not. He gets a compulsory 8 day time out with it being a non speedway injury/illness. not sure if they can use a guest or not but they can use R/R.

11 hours ago, BenR195 said:

Didn’t Robert lambert miss a meeting for Kings Lynn a couple of weeks ago because his flight got delayed even though other riders in same meeting managed to get back? It does happen, nobody can help if a flight gets delayed, the Brothers had the flight arranged so they done all they can, a flight that was due to land at 11:30am ended up landing just after 2pm, and on a busy bank holiday weekend with delays/traffic there was no way they’d of made the meeting in time, it’s not ideal but its not exactly the Brothers fault, people seem to forget that missing meetings means they don’t get a wage, plus the fact that they have lost money on plane tickets, they are already out of pocket

I think landing at 11.30 at Stansted on a bank holiday weekend was pushing it anyway .... they would leave Stansted til 12.15 at best and would get to Newcastle til 5 ...........  so they were leaving themselves 90 mins spare time ............ that's not my idea of good planning ...... as ive said on another post flights being delayed is hardly uncommon

unless they were riding on Saturday .. why didn't they come over on the Saturday

10 hours ago, Boro Bare said:

Hold on -  Newcastle have a rider injured and rider who has retired (his contract with Newcastle is effectively terminated)

Redcar had 3 riders that failed to turn up - now 1 will miss the next 7 days and the Andersens have a flight to pay for 

It was Redcar that made the meeting a farce ... not Newcastle or the rules (even if Redcar had been allowed a facilty I doubt the management could anyone in time ... that's why they had 2 local lads riding instead of NL riders)

And as for rubbish happens ... landing at Stansted at 11.30 to ride in Newcastle at 6.30 is pushing it and not the greatest planning of all time  

39 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

Hold on -  Newcastle have a rider injured and rider who has retired (his contract with Newcastle is effectively terminated)

Redcar had 3 riders that failed to turn up - now 1 will miss the next 7 days and the Andersens have a flight to pay for 

It was Redcar that made the meeting a farce ... not Newcastle or the rules (even if Redcar had been allowed a facilty I doubt the management could anyone in time ... that's why they had 2 local lads riding instead of NL riders)

And as for rubbish happens ... landing at Stansted at 11.30 to ride in Newcastle at 6.30 is pushing it and not the greatest planning of all time  

Lewis Rose has not retired.  He's taking time out of the sport.  There is a difference.

9 hours ago, StevePark said:

Lewis Rose has not retired.  He's taking time out of the sport.  There is a difference.

Not much

Retiring - is a permanent decision to leave ........... which can be reversed at any time and often is

Taking time out - he might at some stage in the future return to speedway

Either way - he doesn't want to ride a speedway bike atm

Edited by mauger65

On 5/28/2018 at 12:39 AM, erimus11 said:

I was being sarcastic , something that seems to have bypassed certain parts of the north east

There again, according to Terrace Grumbler Teesside has more than its fair share of village idiots, I wonder who he was referring to?

I thought it was forum etiquette to attack the post not the poster, no problem though, I've got broad shoulders.

I'm referring to the Redcar supporters on here who love to stick it to Newcastle whenever they can. They, we and you know who they are.

If you (one) hand it out (which is fair enough, most of the time) you've got to be able to take it as well. Clearly you can, perhaps they can as well. It would be good to find out.

11 hours ago, mauger65 said:

I think landing at 11.30 at Stansted on a bank holiday weekend was pushing it anyway .... they would leave Stansted til 12.15 at best and would get to Newcastle til 5 ...........  so they were leaving themselves 90 mins spare time ............ that's not my idea of good planning ...... as ive said on another post flights being delayed is hardly uncommon

unless they were riding on Saturday .. why didn't they come over on the Saturday

How do you know they never had prior family commitments on the Saturday?, why should they cancel a family commitment if they aren’t due to ride till the following day, they are always flying in and out and usually gets flights on same day as the meeting and this is the first time they have missed a meeting because of a flight delay, so it clearly doesn’t affect them that often, yeah the time of the flight wasnt ideal but van and bikes were already at the airport and that was the first flight in from Denmark that morning so not much they could do about it, so it was a matter of driving straight to Newcastle, if they were to arrive at 5,  that’s 90 minutes spare to get ready for the meeting, that’s plenty of time, unfortunate that the flight got delayed but nobody could do anything about that