British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Redcar SGB Championship Sun 27th May 2018 @ 6.30pm

bizarrely I don't know their Saturday commitments and you almost imply a flight being delayed is a rare occurance that no one could anticipate

90 minutes plenty of time?   - that's assumes no issues with the flight or travelling up to Newcastle on a bank holiday

this fixture hadn't just been arranged - its been set for months, so it was up to the brothers to arrange a suitable plan to get there with time to spare

if you think travelling from Denmark to Newcastle via Stansted on a bank holiday weekend with only 90 minutes float to the start of the meeting (never mind getting equipment ready) is reasonable that's fine - personally I don't .... they were pushing it .... even just an hours delay and they would been struggling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I'm referring to the Redcar supporters on here who love to stick it to Newcastle whenever they can. They, we and you know who they are.

If you (one) hand it out (which is fair enough, most of the time) you've got to be able to take it as well. Clearly you can, perhaps they can as well. It would be good to find out.

Hi TC - I know who you mean!

I have no issue at all with been taken to task on any post or comments, so long as it's not malicious or too personal. You are absolutely correct, if you dish it out you must be man enough to take it to!

• Like 1

Erimus 11 - it would be more fun if we both fighting for the league like in the good old days of the 70s and 80s, rather than trying to avoid the wooden spoon :)

Edited by mauger65

16 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

bizarrely I don't know their Saturday commitments and you almost imply a flight being delayed is a rare occurance that no one could anticipate

90 minutes plenty of time?   - that's assumes no issues with the flight or travelling up to Newcastle on a bank holiday

this fixture hadn't just been arranged - its been set for months, so it was up to the brothers to arrange a suitable plan to get there with time to spare

if you think travelling from Denmark to Newcastle via Stansted on a bank holiday weekend with only 90 minutes float to the start of the meeting (never mind getting equipment ready) is reasonable that's fine - personally I don't .... they were pushing it .... even just an hours delay and they would been struggling

Exactly so you can’t really say they should of flew in on Saturday if you don’t know what commitments they have, sunday was the only option they had and they had to fly into stansted because their van was parked in the airport from when they flew out on the Friday morning and when they flew out, stansted was the best airport to fly from, they got the earliest flight they could on Sunday, no point in flying into Newcastle when their van and bikes are at stansted is it, like I say its not ideal but you don’t know what they had on behind the scenes and the flight options they had to choose from

16 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

Erimus 11 - it would be more fun if we both fighting for the league like in the good old days of the 70s and 80s, rather than trying to avoid the wooden spoon :)

We have more chance of being nettled to death!

I don't try to look back on that era too much as it's painful to think of the squads we had then compared to now - plus I miss Cleveland Park :(

That said, for all our failings, trials and tribulations, I still love my fix of live speedway - never take it so serious that you forget to enjoy it! 

8 hours ago, BenR195 said:

Exactly so you can’t really say they should of flew in on Saturday if you don’t know what commitments they have, sunday was the only option they had and they had to fly into stansted because their van was parked in the airport from when they flew out on the Friday morning and when they flew out, stansted was the best airport to fly from, they got the earliest flight they could on Sunday, no point in flying into Newcastle when their van and bikes are at stansted is it, like I say its not ideal but you don’t know what they had on behind the scenes and the flight options they had to choose from

I never said they should … I said could they have 

look at the end of the day …. its up to them to get the track in time 

u think its bad luck ……. I don't .. I think it was poor planning …. but we all have our opinions