Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
ellioth4

Glasgow Vs Edinburgh KO Cup 27/05/2018

19 minutes ago, weejeemy said:

Today was the worst dust bowl conditions I have ever seen in over 30 years of watching speedway. I will not be back on a sunny afternoon again. Thank goodness for Friday nights. Mind you our team will be lucky to make the playoffs riding like they did today.Overall very disappointed

Yep there were a few heats i couldn't see a thing had to hope Jim Coyle could to fill in a programme.

Regards the play offs think we can forget that notion for another season as things stand.

Harris out surely. Taken the piss all season long. Who gives a toss about his engine issues the expierience and money hes accumilated over the years should mean zero engine problems . Time to get shot. 

As for Sarjeant, never understood why any team would want him. A run of the mill 3 pointer and will never be anything else

9 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Harris out surely. Taken the piss all season long. Who gives a toss about his engine issues the expierience and money hes accumilated over the years should mean zero engine problems . Time to get shot. 

As for Sarjeant, never understood why any team would want him. A run of the mill 3 pointer and will never be anything else

Such a way with words!!!

Surely Worrall should have been out for Glasgow in heat 15. Well done to Monarchs. I completely wrote off our chances progressing to the quarter finals after Friday night. Went reluctantly today to Ashfield. Erik seems to be comfortable in the captains role and what a performance from Ricky. A relatively young team did us proud. Hope Max is okay.

• Like 2

Well well well, that was very unexpected after going 9 down I thought it was going to be a long afternoon how wrong was I. Fantastic comeback and unlucky to not win by more. 

Track was a bit dodgy with the holes on bends 1 and 3, Worrall certainly wasn’t happy about it. 

Feeling smug again and not seen Ashfield empty that quick for a little while,  what a lovely Sunday afternoon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, stewmac said:

Don't think any Monarchs fans saw that coming, especially after it seemed all to be slipping away early on. 

But speedway can be a funny old game - and Tigers fans must be wondering what they do now. 

To be honest it probably creates a conundrum for the Monarchs' management too, as I'm sure there must have been some thoughts about possible changes even before today. But should they now put faith in this squad or go ahead and think about changes...?

Don't think any of us saw it coming either, but we can have no complaints.

When it got to the nitty gritty your top men were superb and ours weren't.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well well well,

Feeling smug again

Yeah, Ricky rode.. well.

Yes, your smugness, you did... well  :blink:

1 hour ago, BigBoaby said:

To answer your points.

1.  Can't have it every which way though.  In going for a strong top 5, it naturally leaves less to play with for the reserve slots.  Alternative is to have only a strong top 3 or 4 and more of an even spread.  If the lowest of the top 5 is say around 6.5 and the senior reserve about 3.5, this is obviously a total for the fifth and sixth rider of a combined 10 points.  If its more evenly spread then its gonna be such as 5.50 and 4.50, or 5.25 and 4.75, etc, still using up 10 points.  Its all swings and roundabouts.  it isn't as if Glasgow's team was well under the points limit , it was exactly as the points limit was it not.  After that you're hoping for riders to maintain or improve their average, and that being the case I honestly don't think it greatly matters what the initial configuration is so long as all the of the points limit is used up or close to it and at least a couple of riders improve on their starting averages and the rest at least maintain theirs, I honestly don't think the initial spread greatly matters, for every one you increase or have a stronger rider there's another position that has to be a lesser starting average and probably weaker.

2.  They were anticipating an increase in average, or at least hat he would maintain his starting average, think he's increased it so far has he not.

3.  You seem to be referring to 2013 season when Screen retired early before the end of the season.  You've overlooked that in his first season with the Tigers in 2011, Screen was very potent and one of the main reasons why Glasgow won the 2011 league title, Screen also won the Pairs that year with Grieves, so it isn't a fair comparison, Screen was still a very very potent and capable rider when he joined Glasgow in 2011.

4.  We can hope.

In response:

2. Anticipating an increase in Sarjeants average is based on nothing but hope.

3. Agree Screen was immense when he joined us and that continued throughout 2011. IMO he was fading fast in 2012 and woeful in 2013 though I appeciate he rode for us when injured at times.

4. This is the first major test for the management (collective). The structure and make up of the team is self inflicted, no riders are accountable for this. The team is floundering, some riders may be ripping the urine and the fans are disgruntled. Thats the crux, the customers are unhappy, decisive action is needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Harris has gone backwards.

Panthers were right to let go of him and Starke.

Thanks for your input its good to know that you have been allowed access to a a phone 

I think overall we have just been very inconsistent as a team other than Sarjeant and Harris everyone else has had their good and bad matches. 

Lewis Kerr - incredible season so far but struggled today. 

Claus - again top season so far couldn’t really ask for more. 

Paul - really struggling since picking up that injury a few weeks ago, shown again today by only scoring 4/5. 

Richie - slow start but has found some form now. 

Jack - sensational for a 2 pointer! 

James - questions have to be asked when he is being consistently outscored by the ‘junior’ reserve. 

Chris - incredible run of bad luck and I’m sure he will come good. 

People blaming all the issues on the new TM clearly know something I don’t. Almost every interview that has taken place has comments about how great the team spirit is and in a profession where pay is related to performance I really find it hard to believe he is having such a negative impact on proceedings. 

Ps the ref was terrible today and that cost us even allowing for the poor performance 

34 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Surely Worrall should have been out for Glasgow in heat 15. Well done to Monarchs. I completely wrote off our chances progressing to the quarter finals after Friday night. Went reluctantly today to Ashfield. Erik seems to be comfortable in the captains role and what a performance from Ricky. A relatively young team did us proud. Hope Max is okay.

Proper fan and rewarded for supporting your team, can't believe I've just said that but we'll done 

• Like 1

The team manager has a responsibility to get the team going, high fives and hugs are for the end of a match. The interval more often than not seems to play into the visitors hands. Stewart would get these guys going. Harris days must be numbered, he should be strolling this. Track preparation is paramount although the owners clearly don't give it the respect that it is due. 

19 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

I think overall we have just been very inconsistent as a team other than Sarjeant and Harris everyone else has had their good and bad matches. 

Lewis Kerr - incredible season so far but struggled today. 

Claus - again top season so far couldn’t really ask for more. 

Paul - really struggling since picking up that injury a few weeks ago, shown again today by only scoring 4/5. 

Richie - slow start but has found some form now. 

Jack - sensational for a 2 pointer! 

James - questions have to be asked when he is being consistently outscored by the ‘junior’ reserve. 

Chris - incredible run of bad luck and I’m sure he will come good. 

People blaming all the issues on the new TM clearly know something I don’t. Almost every interview that has taken place has comments about how great the team spirit is and in a profession where pay is related to performance I really find it hard to believe he is having such a negative impact on proceedings. 

Ps the ref was terrible today and that cost us even allowing for the poor performance 

Team spirit as in our top scorer refusing to take heat 15 as he wasnt keen on track conditions.

Now that is taking the p*ss.

I wasn't keen on track conditions im on to my third shower tonight and still have some of the track on what little hair i have left.

But i didn't extract the urine and leave at heat 14 i saw it out unfortunately , serious questions need asked as that doesn't sound like good team spirit to me.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1