British Speedway Forum
ellioth4

Glasgow Vs Edinburgh KO Cup 27/05/2018

13 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Team spirit as in our top scorer refusing to take heat 15 as he wasnt keen on track conditions.

Now that is taking the p*ss.

Taking the piss and hints that the TM is being walked over. Perhaps there is a power vacuum after Dickson left, I dont really care, what i do care about is 100% dedication every heat, every week and winning all our home meetings as a given, the basic ingredients for any speedway team.

Edited by MD

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Harris out surely. Taken the piss all season long. Who gives a toss about his engine issues the expierience and money hes accumilated over the years should mean zero engine problems . Time to get shot. 

As for Sarjeant, never understood why any team would want him. A run of the mill 3 pointer and will never be anything else

but hes a great guest when on good guest money 

ask 2017 Glasgow team/fans when he was getting deliberately disqualified while riding for Workington 

27 minutes ago, MD said:

Taking the piss and hints that the TM is being walked over. Perhaps there is a power vacuum after Dickson left, I dont really care, what i do care about is 100% dedication every heat, every week and winning all our home meetings as a given, the basic ingredients for any speedway team.

We all see the results if a Manager looses  the dressing room at football,not beyond the realms of possibility that similar is the case here, although this is only an opinion and not based on anything.

Edited by Gazc

6 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Is this rumour about Worrall or does someone actually know he refused to race in ht15?

don't know if its true or not 

but no rider should be forced to ride a track there not happy with

a good few years ago a lad I know was a good tt rider making a name for himself and wasn't happy with the handling of the old gsxr he talked to someone who advised him to start and pull in down the road to secure his start money 

he said no don't want to let team down 

he rode but ended up receiving injuries that would end his racing 

Edited by scaramanga

4 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Is this rumour about Worrall or does someone actually know he refused to race in ht15?

Didn't fancy track conditions apparently, i couldn't  comment on track conditions as i couldnt see the track for the dust.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MD said:

The other glaring issue is Harris, I dont believe for a minute he was a Dickson signing having suffered previously with a so called big name on the wane in Joe Screen. The only consistency is his inconsistency, we really dont want to hear any more about engines.

Truly amazed by this result, think it will puzzle both sets of management. But this Edin was always going to be a bit unpredictable first couple of months.

Re: Harris engines have been an issue is whole career, i'm sure the Cov fans will have plenty of stories.

I've been told the bowser broke down earlier in the week and hadn't been replaced so the track hadn't been watered. 

And the Glasgow team manager just got verbals from the team about the state of the track when he tried to gee them up at the interval. 

And that Worrall had indeed refused to ride in heat 15.

So not a happy day for our weej friends. 

Dunno how much it costs to hire a bowser. 

From someone in the pits by the way. 

1 minute ago, TheScotsman said:

I've been told the bowser broke down earlier in the week and hadn't been replaced so the track hadn't been watered. 

And the Glasgow team manager just got verbals from the team about the state of the track when he tried to gee them up at the interval. 

And that Worrall had indeed refused to ride in heat 15.

So not a happy day for our weej friends. 

Dunno how much it costs to hire a bowser. 

Our TM is not exactly the hair dryer type, doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in a lot of the supporters.

• Like 1

Same track for both teams regardless.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MD said:

Same track for both teams regardless.

Think if you went to the other side of the pits Mark Riss would have been spewing he never got heat 15.

At the same time our TM is looking for someone anyone to get out the toilet before the 2 minutes goes on.

Just In the off chance they fancied another heat but only if they fancied it.

Edited by Gazc

17 minutes ago, Dekker said:

Truly amazed by this result, think it will puzzle both sets of management. But this Edin was always going to be a bit unpredictable first couple of months.

Re: Harris engines have been an issue is whole career, i'm sure the Cov fans will have plenty of stories.

The Cov. fans do have stories -- they will make any excuse possible because they see him as a hero. I am in the minority of Cov. fans who do not agree with the ''hero worship/love in'' of Bomber. He can be spectacular to watch at times and has provided good entertainment . No more no less.

Made the trip west more in hope than expectation and that appeared to be dashed as early as heat 2, with Coty left at the starting line and a machine malfunction causing Josh to fall when comfortably in the lead. Things got worse in the next race with Max taking a very awkward fall which put him out of the meeting - hope he recovers quickly. The racing in the early stages was poor due to the dry and dusty track, so was wishing I hadn't bothered.

The racing started to improve from heat 7, which featured a fine battle between Worrall, Pickering and Thomas. Monarchs fortunes and scoring started to improve from heat 8 when Joel made a lightning start and was joined by Josh for an unexpected 5-1. Heat 10 was a standout with Harris and M Riss passing and repassing several times. Mark was probably a little fortunate to get back into heat 12 at the first attempt, but definitely not the second, but showed great determination in the 3rd staging to get the win with Josh picking up a good 3rd place by getting past Sarjeant.

Tigers were unlucky in heat 13 as they gated on a 5-1 only for Chris Harris to rear violently across bends 1 & 2 and fall, and it was the Monarchs pairing who gated in the re-run. It looked like the victory would be clinched in heat 14 with Coty and Josh ahead until Josh, unsure whether to stick or twist, allowed Paul Starke back on level terms and in trying to block him had another machine malfunction which also allowed Thomas to pass him just before the line. Josh could easily have got double his score - he was definitely Mr Entertainment.

So Monarchs needed a shared heat for an aggregate victory and we needn't have worried as our top boys Ricky and Erik, who were rock solid all afternoon, raced away for an easy 5-1. 

Now back home - tired, sunburnt & covered in dust but very happy!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Harris out surely. Taken the piss all season long.

As for Sarjeant, never understood why any team would want him. A run of the mill 3 pointer and will never be anything else

"all season long"??  All season long would be through to end of Sept and into October.  We are only in May!!  :blink:

Sarjeant, yes he is a 3 pointer, per the points limit you can't have a team of 10 pointers, so yes all teams have to have one or two low average riders, for 3 points you get a 3 point rider!! B)