British Speedway Forum
ellioth4

Glasgow Vs Edinburgh KO Cup 27/05/2018

Irrespective of Team issues,there is definatly an issues with the hole in the track going into the 3rd bend with is causing the riders to straighten up if they hit with their back wheel the track does not seem to be binding together where the riders put the power on entering the bend and the hole appears after a couple of races,the leader has no trouble as he can pick his line and miss it,but riders challenging for position  keep getting into trouble ,Noticed Worrell went back to look at it after he hit it hard in ht13.Pickering hit it and caused to straighten when challenging Starke on last bend in Ht14.It was obvious in the Redcar match too.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Calling for riders and team manger to be sacked, Harris and his wife replying to comments where fans have had a go at his performance. 

Ah the joys of faceache just gets you into trouble most of the time.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

Not 'nit picking' just an observation of fact, it's hardly a whole season, we're only in May. B)

Sarjeant.  No I won't correct you as 'you aren't wrong' as they say, but any rider's starting average can vary up or down, it does seem to have gone up from his 3 point starting average to 4.20 average so far - ok for those wanting everything to be as instant as instant coffee then maybe not enough of an increase or soon enough but riders on a rising average tend to rise as the season goes on, I wouldn't for a minute suggest that Sarjeant is another Jason Lyons as he simply isn't, but I well remember his 'baptism of fire' first season and he got around 5.70 or 5.80 average, the next season about this stage in the season he was from memory either still around the same or less than that and I well remember a few dissenting voices among the Tigers faithful noting as much and saying he was still at reserve, along with momentarily surprisingly Lawson was he not when Lawson's early season form and average dropped dramatically and Lawson was controversially dropped and then reinstated.  Lyons didn't seem to maintain the progress he'd made by the end of the previous season but then halfway through the season, must've been the 1991 season, it started to come together for Lyons and he made a meteoric rise from about June, but in April/May he seemed to be going backwards rather than forwards.

Sarjeant started the season on 3.25 and for the new averages effective from 1 June he is 3.37. The only affinity he has is for retiring when stone last and touching the tapes when he's under pressure.

Similarities with Jason Lyons early years are futile. Sarjeant is in his seventh season as a reserve without improvement, Lyons was a raw recruit who had a rapid improvement and went to the big league after less than 2 seasons with us.

I'd have Bomber back at Panthers in s heartbeat 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Irrespective of Team issues,there is definatly an issues with the hole in the track going into the 3rd bend with is causing the riders to straighten up if they hit with their back wheel the track does not seem to be binding together where the riders put the power on entering the bend and the hole appears after a couple of races,the leader has no trouble as he can pick his line and miss it,but riders challenging for position  keep getting into trouble ,Noticed Worrell went back to look at it after he hit it hard in ht13.Pickering hit it and caused to straighten when challenging Starke on last bend in Ht14.It was obvious in the Redcar match too.

There’s a hole also on bend on developing, caused both Pickering and Harris to come off

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MD said:

Indeed, didnt we dispense with George Stancl in June that year after a woeful run of EF's?

No that was 2 or 3 years later when Stancl ended up at the other end of the M8 as punishment . 

No the 2004 side steamrollered through the Premier Trophy group before underperforming big time during the league campaign despite having Parker , Stancl , Grieves, Bentley, Jones ( his retirement triggered the demise ) and two duff reserves until Carrillo replaced Jones 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD said:

Sarjeant started the season on 3.25 and for the new averages effective from 1 June he is 3.37. The only affinity he has is for retiring when stone last and touching the tapes when he's under pressure.

Similarities with Jason Lyons early years are futile. Sarjeant is in his seventh season as a reserve without improvement, Lyons was a raw recruit who had a rapid improvement and went to the big league after less than 2 seasons with us.

You are taking only the GSA's which correct me if I'm wrong are on a long countback and take most of last season as well, whereas the stats for this season (so far) show that Sarjeant's average is 4.20 taking this season alone (so far).  Yes it isn't a huge leap in average but at least it's in the right direction.

If you read my post you will see that I in fact already said that Lyons isn't like most riders, what I did say though was that even the incredible Lyons had his detractors at this stage of the 1991 season, in fact many of the Glasgow faithful were disenchanted with the whole team's slow start to the season, but Glasgow went on to take the all-conquering Arena Essex that steamrollered most teams to a two leg home and away cup final replay, no other team did anything like that (level on aggregate over two legs) and Glasgow finished second only to Arena Essex in the league.  What I did point out was that a rider on a rising average will tend to have a low-ish average in the first half of the season and improved figures by the end of the season.  That tends to apply to most riders on a rising average, it may yet still apply to Sarjeant, we can but hope and only time will tell.

22 hours ago, stewmac said:

For someone who was being touted as the best reserve in the league before the season started, Josh Pickering is failing massively. He needs to up his game and quickly.

I can guarantee every team in the league would be happy to have him but luckily our promotion can see past his gating.

If ever a kid gave 100% it’s Josh.... defo Mr entertainer yesterday when both incidents were caused by hitting holes in the track

Now on to pulling off a huge surprise for the fans of both teams.......

Yesterday made me very proud of our boys. Right attitude and attacked the track as was required. An unexpected beautiful Sunday

Best wishes to Max

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

You could interpret things to suit your paticular mood and our mood was rock bottom yesterday and today to a lesser extent.

To be fair the riders say team spirit is good so what is the issue then Kerr , Vissing & Thomas apart the rest have shown nothing in terms of consistency,, the biggest concern is there home form is actually worse than there away.

Without doubt looking through the plooms of dust yesterday there is problems within this team form and attitude.

I’d prefer not to interpret anything and just work based on facts. Either Richie refused to ride or he chose not to with the team in mind, it’s pretty straightforward really. We don’t know the situation and likely never will. 

If team morale was an issue I can’t see that having an impact on individual riders scores, team riding yes but not individual scores in a job where poor performance directly impacts your wages! 

Lewis has had one bad meeting, Claus has exceeded his average virtually every meeting as has Jack. Paul is clearly injured and Chris has had a number of bike issues both for Glasgow and Rye House.

Tell me where the issues are other than more than one team member (not the same ones every week) having issues on the same day which cost us in our two home defeats?! 

4 hours ago, Solidmango said:

I’d prefer not to interpret anything and just work based on facts. Either Richie refused to ride or he chose not to with the team in mind, it’s pretty straightforward really. We don’t know the situation and likely never will. 

If team morale was an issue I can’t see that having an impact on individual riders scores, team riding yes but not individual scores in a job where poor performance directly impacts your wages! 

Lewis has had one bad meeting, Claus has exceeded his average virtually every meeting as has Jack. Paul is clearly injured and Chris has had a number of bike issues both for Glasgow and Rye House.

Tell me where the issues are other than more than one team member (not the same ones every week) having issues on the same day which cost us in our two home defeats?! 

So everythings fine then, my point was how you feel based on your mood not anything to do with the team. Although they probably  put you in a mood.

The problem bar 3 is the inconsistency of the rest which clearly then means there are issues does it not.

Edited by Gazc

3 hours ago, Solidmango said:

If Paul is clearly injured like you state,why is he allowed to ride.Who makes those decisions.Its costing the Team if that is the case.

• Like 2

the greedy riders make the decision to declare themselves fit to race . its all down to greed and the team comes second , followed closely by the fans who pay part of their wages .

its like driving a car with a hangover , you know you should not do it . BUT YOU STILL DO !

if Glasgow were paying run of the mill points money etc . they would just say  , sod it and take a week off . 

28 minutes ago, jenga said:

.....its like driving a car with a hangover , you know you should not do it . BUT YOU STILL DO !.....

You’re an idiot then and I hope you get pulled over sooner rather than later. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gazc said:

So everythings fine then, my point was how you feel based on your mood not anything to do with the team. Although they probably  put you in a mood.

The problem bar 3 is the inconsistency of the rest which clearly then means there are issues does it not.

I agree inconsistencies are the issue but disagree that these are down to the TM. Bike issues and Paul picking up a bad injury being the main problem neither of which are related to the TM. 

Same issue with Charles Wright last week, below average performance but when he rode against us he was brilliant. 

Like I say, i don’t dispute inconsistency is costing us but feel people making claims about the TM/management team/Stewart leaving being the root of the problem are completely unfounded and lack any sort of substance  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

I agree inconsistencies are the issue but disagree that these are down to the TM. Bike issues and Paul picking up a bad injury being the main problem neither of which are related to the TM. 

Same issue with Charles Wright last week, below average performance but when he rode against us he was brilliant. 

Like I say, i don’t dispute inconsistency is costing us but feel people making claims about the TM/management team/Stewart leaving being the root of the problem are completely unfounded and lack any sort of substance  

Part of the problem with losing Stewart was that he was track curator and he was told that someone else was to do it, the guy brought in didnt have a clue and dug up the track , which is now probably what is causing the holes  to develop

• Like 1