British Speedway Forum
ellioth4

Glasgow Vs Edinburgh KO Cup 27/05/2018

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

If Paul is clearly injured like you state,why is he allowed to ride.Who makes those decisions.Its costing the Team if that is the case.

He shouldn't be riding as he is not fit and it is having a detrimental impact.

Not the riders fault but R/R probably cost us at Redcar and with Paul being 5th averaged it is a problem.

Who decides he is fit i couldnt tell you but it is obvious he is struggling big time.

Same can be said with Bomber yesterday doing heat 15 , clearly he was struggling after his spill and that desicion ultimately cost us any chance we had before a wheel was turned in 15.

What can we say....... I've supported Bomber but he's lost us two vital meetings this season already. 

Ruml being out obviously acted in Edinburghs favour, but that's by the by really. Edinburgh's top 2 looked a shoe in in 15 regardless.  

To me it looks like the Facenna era is running out of steam, which is a shame but it is what it is. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Harris walked.

For me, Vissing, Kerr, Thomas are 100% keepers.  Probably Worral as well, though his carry on is getting tiresome. The rest - not so sure. Cami Brown is not a manager.

1 hour ago, damosuzuki said:

To me it looks like the Facenna era is running out of steam, which is a shame but it is what it is. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Harris walked.

Harris wouldnt be surprised either i suspect. Lets see what the Facenna's come up with. 

It would appear that more important even than making changes to the team line up might be making changes to whoever is doing the track, as surely that is the most important thing of all here. If it's becoming dangerous with holes appearing, surely the millionaires are able to see that this is an absolute MUST to fix, and quickly, as high quality, safe racing is a necessity for the business to flourish.

3 hours ago, JanAnderson said:

You’re an idiot then and I hope you get pulled over sooner rather than later. 

YOU  are the idiot ! if you think for one second that i would drink and drive , you total tuss pot .

i have not had a drink for 10 yrs +(beer)

for the record . where the feck did i say or mention i drove while drinking .

people like you make me spew . cherry picking bas tard . lock off .. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

YOU  are the idiot ! if you think for one second that i would drink and drive , you total tuss pot .

i have not had a drink for 10 yrs +(beer)

for the record . where the feck did i say or mention i drove while drinking .

people like you make me spew . cherry picking bas tard . lock off .. 

Your post clearly suggested you did. 

NO , it suggested YOU did  , not ME . !

your still a rick for taking the post the wrong way . 

Edited by jenga
BECAUSE THE IDIOT WANTS TO PICK ALL THE WRONG THINGS OUT OF A POST .

On 5/27/2018 at 10:56 PM, TheScotsman said:

I've been told the bowser broke down earlier in the week and hadn't been replaced so the track hadn't been watered. 

And the Glasgow team manager just got verbals from the team about the state of the track when he tried to gee them up at the interval. 

And that Worrall had indeed refused to ride in heat 15.

So not a happy day for our weej friends. 

Dunno how much it costs to hire a bowser. 

The reasons I believe fans wanting Stewart back (and Glasgow needing him back) are 1- Stewart was track curator and produced a track that the team were happy with, you can clearly see the difference in the track now compared to the first meeting of the season against the Monarchs where there actually was dirt on the track not like yesterday where it was bare, 2- (if true) Cami Brown getting verbals from the riders! This Would prove he’s not a team manager who commands respect but merely a fan that owns a company and sponsors a rider and is carrying out some sort of fantasy job managing his favourite team, can you imagine Stewart taking verbals from the riders or the riders even thinking of doing it? Humble pie probably needing to be ate and the call made to Dickson. Just my opinion.

Edited by Tiger63
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, stewmac said:

It would appear that more important even than making changes to the team line up might be making changes to whoever is doing the track, as surely that is the most important thing of all here. If it's becoming dangerous with holes appearing, surely the millionaires are able to see that this is an absolute MUST to fix, and quickly, as high quality, safe racing is a necessity for the business to flourish.

Totally agree that the track has to be the priority but unfair to put all the blame on the track staff. The large water tanker was bust apparently limiting what could be done. But its no coincidence that the track was dry slick for the matches we lost. As someone else said Sunday afternoon's are a disaster waiting to happen 

6 hours ago, jenga said:

NO , it suggested YOU did  , not ME . !

your still a rick for taking the post the wrong way . 

Well then I might just get all in a flap about you suggesting I would drive on a hangover. How very dare you. 

how very dare you . alright Graham Norton . you keep picking and poking @ people posts . 

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Totally agree that the track has to be the priority but unfair to put all the blame on the track staff. The large water tanker was bust apparently limiting what could be done. But its no coincidence that the track was dry slick for the matches we lost. As someone else said Sunday afternoon's are a disaster waiting to happen 

You have races on Sunday afternoons for the last 15years+ and suddenly they become a disaster waiting to happen,explain that one ? 

In addition to the comment above from Fromafar, Polish matches are on Sunday afternoons in much hotter conditions yet they manage to keep the tracks in very raceable condition. 

Obviously there is a new water bowser required it seems, along with someone - maybe Dickson- who knows how to get the track back to what it should be. As an Edinburgh fan I haven't been to Ashfield since the meeting with the infamous letter, but I had been hoping to return this year, especially with the track supposedly being improved with Hancock's help. At the moment though, I won't be wasting my time or money.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You have races on Sunday afternoons for the last 15years+ and suddenly they become a disaster waiting to happen,explain that one ? 

Until a couple of years ago there were a core of supporters that would put up with anything in order to keep the tigers alive. So dust delays defeats all tolerated with a wee moan. The place was a tip no real incentive to encourage newbies. Also during that time bikes get quicker and more likely to crash unless the surface is perfect. So along come the Facenna brothers and they invest and try and run a professional show they want and need bigger crowds. If they come for the first time and you want them to come back you don't want them covered in dust, you don't want the match to drag on and you want to show that the team they have come to see is entertaining committed and worth following. It is easier to do this in the evening than a Sunday afternoon and the Workington and Edinburgh matches are examples of everything that could go wrong did go wrong 

4 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Until a couple of years ago there were a core of supporters that would put up with anything in order to keep the tigers alive. So dust delays defeats all tolerated with a wee moan. The place was a tip no real incentive to encourage newbies. Also during that time bikes get quicker and more likely to crash unless the surface is perfect. So along come the Facenna brothers and they invest and try and run a professional show they want and need bigger crowds. If they come for the first time and you want them to come back you don't want them covered in dust, you don't want the match to drag on and you want to show that the team they have come to see is entertaining committed and worth following. It is easier to do this in the evening than a Sunday afternoon and the Workington and Edinburgh matches are examples of everything that could go wrong did go wrong 

Just prepare the track to suit.The Stadium facilities are 1st class ,now get someone to sort out track,let's face it, the day of the week should not be the main problem,maybe easier to prepare for evening meeting but not impossible for afternoon meetings as it was all the previous years,the water bowser being broken on Sunday was unfortunate but surely that will be rectified very quickly given their investment in the sport.