British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Somerset: Wed : 30-05-2018

Its always nice to welcome the World Champion to our track and watch him weave his magic, but I believe his efforts will not be enough to overcome the revitalised Stars .    With Niels missing , Sam Masters is guesting for him.  Sam goes well here, and should be an able replacement for our No 1.

Robert will be relishing his rides against the WC  and no doubt hoping to add another scalp to his long list of riders he's beaten this year.    TP,  TJ,  MPT  are all riding well,    this will be  Lewis Kerr's  last meeting as reserve for some while as the new figures soon come into play, so no-doubt will want to impress before moving into the team proper.     Andersen is improving every week  and this could be the  time for them point to flow.   

I feel Somerset have performed well this year,   but believe this could be a long trip  and not getting any reward........

Has there been any further  news on if Lewis Rose has actually quit the Sport or just taking an extended break ?

1 hour ago, semion said:

Has there been any further  news on if Lewis Rose has actually quit the Sport or just taking an extended break ?

Pass  !!

4 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Pass  !!

I hope for everyone's sake there's more than one :D

• Like 1

I expect the Rebels to do well, if Jason Doyle is "on it" then the Rebels should come away with a win!  

What sort of track is Buster presenting the riders with this year?

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

What sort of track is Buster presenting the riders with this year?

One they seem to like! Well they haven't gone on strike about it yet.

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

One they seem to like! Well they haven't gone on strike about it yet.

More importantly, what do the fans think about the quality of racing this year? My impression, from some of the comments, is that it has improved but does it compare favourably to the days when King's Lynn was regarded as one of the best tracks in the UK? I hope it does or that it is getting close to that standard.

Best racing I've seen at Saddlebow for several seasons. With today's ultra powerful bikes I reckon it's about as good as will get. Better than most tracks again, with obvious exception of new belle Vue which seems awesome. Hoping to get up there one day.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kelvinht said:

Best racing I've seen at Saddlebow for several seasons. With today's ultra powerful bikes I reckon it's about as good as will get. Better than most tracks again, with obvious exception of new belle Vue which seems awesome. Hoping to get up there one day.

I'll  second that.    This year I have not complaints of the track and each week   meeting   we have seen decent racing.   I always thought the Saddlebow  track  COULD  be better than any in the UK  ( NSS exception)  and this year it has proved this point.     Riders relishing coming here to race has provided some exceptional racing.....

Looking at the moment the weather could be the only winner 

Indeed, thunderstorms forecast for most of the day but they said the same of Friday and nothing happened.

Would expect the forecast to change a couple of times before Wednesday evening anyway! 

Impossible to call the weather yet, looks like rain will be earlier on Wednesday. Buster produced an excellent track against Leicester once the rain had stopped mid afternoon. Let's not talk this off just yet!

On 5/27/2018 at 12:50 PM, kelvinht said:

12 hours ago, g13webb said:

I'll  second that.    This year I have not complaints of the track and each week   meeting   we have seen decent racing.   I always thought the Saddlebow  track  COULD  be better than any in the UK  ( NSS exception)  and this year it has proved this point.     Riders relishing coming here to race has provided some exceptional racing.....

That's good news. It just shows that with the right preparation the track can still produce good entertainment.

I could be wrong but I believe some new, different shale was first used on ' that night' v Poole and ever since that meeting the racing has been better on the new stuff.

• Like 1