British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Somerset: Wed : 30-05-2018

Well well well I certainly didn't see that one coming! I only said after the Swindon hammering on Monday all we need is the odd point and a couple of wins away assuming we keep up our home form and we will do just fine! A great result regardless of Iversen missing. 

Poole fans must be pig sick at Holders scores for us. What a revelation!

• Like 1

In the TV meeting the other day Lambo was praised for his big points return, and he said " I don't know what the others where doing" I guess it's gonna be more of the same tonight apart from Kerr.. I wonder how long it will take before Lambert gets pissed off

Nice to see a surprise away win on this match and also for once the team with the "ringer" reserve also not winning! :)

On 5/27/2018 at 11:32 AM, Ghosty said:

I expect the Rebels to do well, if Jason Doyle is "on it" then the Rebels should come away with a win!  

What sort of track is Buster presenting the riders with this year?

Nice to glote! Somerset are a team of racers the stars were up against 6 of them tonight, with all 7 & Doyley on full song beware............. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Nice to glote! Somerset are a team of racers the stars were up against 6 of them tonight, with all 7 & Doyley on full song beware............. 

Gutted .Lynn had this :( But the Rebels are like Lynn..Fighters.. Well done.

7 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Nice to see a surprise away win on this match and also for once the team with the "ringer" reserve also not winning! :)

Who is 'the ringer reserve'?

17 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Kerr has been a reserve all season, by average...How is he a ringer lol ?? Sort it out

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Kerr has been a reserve all season, by average...How is he a ringer lol ?? Sort it out

He's scoring 10+ points every meeting so how is his average a number 6 or 7?

He started on a genuine average...He has gone very well. That is not a ringer lol. A ringer is someone bought in an a "false average"..Kerr is just riding well :rofl: Will be in the 1-5 soon

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He started on a genuine average...He has gone very well. That is not a ringer lol. A ringer is someone bought in an a "false average"..Kerr is just riding well :rofl: Will be in the 1-5 soon

Yes, to be fair maybe "ringer" was an incorrect term but I just have a big bug bear when I see people who are far too good to be reserves, "winning" matches single handedly with their 7 rides. Reserves should not be allowed that many rides in my opinion as it spoils too many meetings when you get people like Kerr who are too good to be there and that's why I said for once it was nice to see a meeting not decided by a reserve outscoring virtually everyone else on both sides, even GP riders! 

2 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

Yes, to be fair maybe "ringer" was an incorrect term but I just have a big bug bear when I see people who are far too good to be reserves, "winning" matches single handedly with their 7 rides. Reserves should not be allowed that many rides in my opinion as it spoils too many meetings when you get people like Kerr who are too good to be there and that's why I said for once it was nice to see a meeting not decided by a reserve outscoring virtually everyone else on both sides, even GP riders! 

It is what it is...Same for all

only a matter of time before one of these Aussie knobheads pick on the wrong fan and get a hiding imo, maybe thats the best thing that could happen as it may mean a few of them think again before acting mr hard man.

the current crop of Aussies seem to think their untouchable and gods gift, a huge difference from the days of Crump, Adams, Sullivan, Wiltshire etc who were on the whole model professionals and a lot more talented too.

Not surprising from Masters, made a tw4t of himself at the Aussie GP a couple of years ago when he started crying after the top boys showed him what top level racing was all about.

Edited by Chris

Fair play to Somerset, they did the business. Lot of weight on Lamberts shoulders.  With running with R/R the team could afford for one to have an off night, but not more. Masters did himself or us no favours. That’s always the risk with guests.

I wonder if Mini Holder will put a call into fallen hero Holder giving him advise on how to ride Saddlebow?

7 hours ago, ytsejam said:

Kerr rode at reserve last year for Somerset too. He's just had a good start to the season that is all and moves into the main body of the team I believe from tomorrow.

• Like 1