British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Somerset: Wed : 30-05-2018

17 hours ago, g13webb said:

Quietly confident about tonight.  Although some of the Rebels are going well,  I'll  be surprised if they get close enough to challenge for a point.   I expect Dolye to score well and young Holder will hold his own,   but the Stars are really singing at home and should reach low to mid 50's. 

Prediction  :   Stars winning   54 - 36       :cheers:

Really made a pigs ears of that prediction.   Must say the Rebels performed far better than I imagined.  They were in contention all-night and deserved their success.   I enjoyed the racing, any match that goes down to the wire creates much excitement, just a shame we were on the losing side again.   With the exception of Lambert and Kerr,  all the rest  had a night to forget..     Masters was poor as a guest,  R/R usually takes its toll,  But when your No 1  is missing, your backs are always against the wall.    

Up to heat 14, i was impressed with the way the meeting had flowed.   It started dead on time;  4 heats gone and first grading  at 8-10pm;    Interval at  8-40pm;  Second half started  9pm;  Ht 14 accident  9-15pm  14min track grade before ht 15 ,   Racing finished 9-35 which was much better,     ...    ...  but why have such a long track grade with only one race to go???

Once we got to the Car Park,  the fun really began.    it was grid locked,   Nobody was moving,  Cars were pushing for an advantage, but they were going no-where.   There has to be a big problem !!.   It took me 55 mins to get out of the big Car Park and onto the road, then another 15 mins to reach the traffic lights. before being directed through the town.    Annoyed, I was lived, that the fans had not been informed of these planned  'Road Works' , where had we have known, we could have made arrangements to overcome the delay.  Not living in Lynn, we had not seen these signs  informing the public,  but  I am in no doubt the Speedway club had seen these signs and kept it quite.  not wanting it to effect the attendance. 

Yeah , although we lost, the speedway racing had been good,    but any enjoyment felt was lost with the 2hrs it took to get home.    Again the fans were treated like mushrooms, when the only consideration was getting their money  and not bothering  with the fans traffic problems....   A warning on the website is all it would have taken...

NB .   When at the traffic lights, a  delayed Tarmac lorry driver  was amazed at the number of cars,   'Where have all these come from? he asked,  From the speedway  he learnt.   'How often does this happen ?  he continued,     Every Wednesday night.....          It was obvious he had no knowledge of any Speedway happening, which highlights the fact there had been no communication between the road work people and that of the Speedway Promotions,   and that I find totally inefficient .......  

9 hours ago, idh said:

Got that one wrong ER :o

My predictions of late have been absolute garbage Ian. Truly didn’t see that coming!  Brilliant result though. 

What with the OTA being returned to its old self, a team of racers to watch each week, all seems well at Somerset speedway!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Again the fans were treated like mushrooms, when the only consideration was getting their money  and not bothering  with the fans traffic problems....   A warning on the website is all it would have taken...

This season and it's new era of efforts to involve the fans more has of course failed ( or not got started?) With a new full time media person in place one would have thought that things would improve, but NO. Even the team news came late to the website. You can only assume that it was all lip service during the winter and only more supplies of bullrubbish were acquired to keep the mushrooms happily in the dark.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Good win for Somerset, a bit surprised at J Holders good score after his performance at Swindon but good scores from him and Jason 

To be fair Orlovski, he’s looked very fast in recent matches at the OTA. Seems the Lynn track suited him too. 

You would certainly have expected the stars promotion to be in touch with council or whoever and made a special plan to help get traffic away from the stadium. Simple common sense.... We were stuck on the road outside the stadium, but made an early decision to turn round and go t'other way to get to A47 towards Norwich. Bit twisty turny but ultimately quicker.

Cracking match, not sure anyone can get on proctors case, he made gate in his first ride to be pulled back and was leading heat 14 so would have had 2 wins and a reasonable score. We need to get  Anderson scoring or look at other options, we can't keep carrying him.

I recall Kings Lynn pinched a narrow 46-44 win at the OTA only a year ago, so it seems fitting that Somerset has now done the same in reverse. Unexpected though - I didn't think we'd even get a single league point last night. Well done all riders.

I think J Holder is proving to be a really good signing this year.

Where on earth do you live g13webb,thought you were Wisbech way.As you say the meeting ended at 21:35 we went to the car park and saw it was gridlocked so we stood around for a while chatting while most of the cars had gone.And i said to a friend i would love to see this every week,like the old days queueing up to get out.But it didn't take me 2hrs to get home,i was home just before 22:35 and that was when most of the cars had gone.

For once I'm gonna defend the club!!!

Those roadworks in one shape of another have been going on for months, most fans have seen them on their way to and from meetings. I would have thought anyone living within 20 miles would routinely check the AA or Council Highways site . Its very simple to do. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Harry The Goat said:

I recall Kings Lynn pinched a narrow 46-44 win at the OTA only a year ago, so it seems fitting that Somerset has now done the same in reverse. Unexpected though - I didn't think we'd even get a single league point last night. Well done all riders.

I think J Holder is proving to be a really good signing this year.

Absolutely - I think he's been our star performer so far this season. Although Doyle has top scored most of the time, he still hasn't got back to his best just yet but young Holder is proving to be a great addition to the side. Poole must be sick when they've got Grajczonek who went the other way and is performing pretty poor.

6 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Absolutely - I think he's been our star performer so far this season. Although Doyle has top scored most of the time, he still hasn't got back to his best just yet but young Holder is proving to be a great addition to the side. Poole must be sick when they've got Grajczonek who went the other way and is performing pretty poor.

You misunderstand the reason why Holder is not at Poole. It had nothing to do with his skills on a bike.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You misunderstand the reason why Holder is not at Poole. It had nothing to do with his skills on a bike.

I'm well aware of the reasons - But he seems to be getting on just fine at Somerset.

It's not very often you see it but his away average is actually higher than his home average. It's been no secret he's never been a massive fan of the OTA, he's shown signs in the last few home meetings of having some real speed so once he's properly sussed the OTA he should only get better as the season progresses and properly establish himself as a heatleader as back up to Doyley.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

For once I'm gonna defend the club!!!

Those roadworks in one shape of another have been going on for months, most fans have seen them on their way to and from meetings. I would have thought anyone living within 20 miles would routinely check the AA or Council Highways site . Its very simple to do. 

Those road works had been on going since last October. They had supposed to been finished,  and the roads had been clear. for the last 3 weeks.   

You live in another world with comments like that.   you obviously don't do much travelling.   .....    Next you'll be saying we need to check with the Highways site  just to pop to the local shop.  When we arrived at the speedway, the roads were open as per usual,   one would have expected them  to be open when we left.   or to be told of anything different.    We could have parked the car elsewhere, or gone home another way.   but when you hear nothing , then its a big disappointment.....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Those road works had been on going since last October. They had supposed to been finished,  and the roads had been clear. for the last 3 weeks.   

You live in another world with comments like that.   you obviously don't do much travelling.   .....    Next you'll be saying we need to check with the Highways site  just to pop to the local shop.  When we arrived at the speedway, the roads were open as per usual,   one would have expected them  to be open when we left.   or to be told of anything different.    We could have parked the car elsewhere, or gone home another way.   but when you hear nothing , then its a big disappointment.....

And it's called customer service by companies who care about their customers and want them to return there to spend their cash. Does Buster really care about his speedway customers? What does this new full time media person do? How have they improved the service for KLS?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kelvinht said:

We need to get  Anderson scoring or look at other options, we can't keep carrying him.

No different to any of the other continentals KLS have tried. Might be good one day but we need them to score now, a few at home at least.

Andersen has to go, someone on the same average from the Championship would score much better.

It won't happen though as we're a very nice team