British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Somerset: Wed : 30-05-2018

55 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Those road works had been on going since last October. They had supposed to been finished,  and the roads had been clear. for the last 3 weeks.   

You live in another world with comments like that.   you obviously don't do much travelling.   .....   

It has been well publicised on local social media and newspapers that there would be odd days when the roads would be closed following the main closures. You simply have to read those papers or follow The appropriate twitter feeds, Norfolk Highways is quite good :)

as it happens I travel a lot and as a matter of routine check the highways sites before setting off. Maybe I'm just more organised but I believe in being self sufficient, and don't expect venues to tell me of every possible traffic problem.

would you honestly expect say Theatre Royal Norwich to issue traffic bulletins on their website?

I think it's too early to be throwing riders out, especially younger ones who have been brought in for the future. Out of interest who could come in on a similar average and be a marked improvement?

Andersen's average is 2.60. Pretty much any Championship rider could better that.

As for a name, Carl Wilkinson would better a 3 point average 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Andersen's average is 2.60. Pretty much any Championship rider could better that.

As for a name, Carl Wilkinson would better a 3 point average 

The same Carl Wilkinson who has a 4.09 average in the Championship? :blink:

Edited by Najjer

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Andersen has to go, someone on the same average from the Championship would score much better.

It won't happen though as we're a very nice team

Is this one of the reasons you stay away,because were a very nice team.Why make a change now just because we have suffered our first loss at home.Don't want to become a Poole and change riders more than we all change our underwear.Imo he should be given up to his 8th qualifying match and if he hasn't showed signs of improving then think about making a change.Although i must add i think he has improved since his first match where he was a bit scary.Do you see the improvement in him when you have seen him ride since the 1st match:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Sam Masters was awful last night, do guests get a flat fee or get paid by the point? 

Depends what they negotiate with the club, they could have either..

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

Really made a pigs ears of that prediction.   Must say the Rebels performed far better than I imagined.  They were in contention all-night and deserved their success.   I enjoyed the racing, any match that goes down to the wire creates much excitement, just a shame we were on the losing side again.   With the exception of Lambert and Kerr,  all the rest  had a night to forget..     Masters was poor as a guest,  R/R usually takes its toll,  But when your No 1  is missing, your backs are always against the wall.    

Up to heat 14, i was impressed with the way the meeting had flowed.   It started dead on time;  4 heats gone and first grading  at 8-10pm;    Interval at  8-40pm;  Second half started  9pm;  Ht 14 accident  9-15pm  14min track grade before ht 15 ,   Racing finished 9-35 which was much better,     ...    ...  but why have such a long track grade with only one race to go???

Once we got to the Car Park,  the fun really began.    it was grid locked,   Nobody was moving,  Cars were pushing for an advantage, but they were going no-where.   There has to be a big problem !!.   It took me 55 mins to get out of the big Car Park and onto the road, then another 15 mins to reach the traffic lights. before being directed through the town.    Annoyed, I was lived, that the fans had not been informed of these planned  'Road Works' , where had we have known, we could have made arrangements to overcome the delay.  Not living in Lynn, we had not seen these signs  informing the public,  but  I am in no doubt the Speedway club had seen these signs and kept it quite.  not wanting it to effect the attendance. 

Yeah , although we lost, the speedway racing had been good,    but any enjoyment felt was lost with the 2hrs it took to get home.    Again the fans were treated like mushrooms, when the only consideration was getting their money  and not bothering  with the fans traffic problems....   A warning on the website is all it would have taken...

NB .   When at the traffic lights, a  delayed Tarmac lorry driver  was amazed at the number of cars,   'Where have all these come from? he asked,  From the speedway  he learnt.   'How often does this happen ?  he continued,     Every Wednesday night.....          It was obvious he had no knowledge of any Speedway happening, which highlights the fact there had been no communication between the road work people and that of the Speedway Promotions,   and that I find totally inefficient .......  

I heard something re roadworks on Radio2 as I was driving to stadium along A10. No exact details but enough for me to cut a cross country, avoiding Hardwick etc. Parked facing away from Lynn on grass banking, was home in 15minutes 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

This season and it's new era of efforts to involve the fans more has of course failed ( or not got started?) With a new full time media person in place one would have thought that things would improve, but NO. Even the team news came late to the website. You can only assume that it was all lip service during the winter and only more supplies of bullrubbish were acquired to keep the mushrooms happily in the dark.

Did they ever employ PR person - recall advert requiring someone with social media skills and an English degree. Then I was later told Busters daughter was doing PR. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DWP said:

Did they ever employ PR person - recall advert requiring someone with social media skills and an English degree. Then I was later told Busters daughter was doing PR. 

Just about sums it up doesnt it? Busters daughter has been there whenever ive been this season, so it is probably the case

1 hour ago, Star Lady said:

It has been well publicised on local social media and newspapers that there would be odd days when the roads would be closed following the main closures. You simply have to read those papers or follow The appropriate twitter feeds, Norfolk Highways is quite good :)

It was never publicised in our newspaper, nor social media.   Stage that those odd days co-insided with Speedway meetings.  Wonderful planning. 

as it happens I travel a lot and as a matter of routine check the highways sites before setting off. Maybe I'm just more organised but I believe in being self sufficient, and don't expect venues to tell me of every possible traffic problem.

Well of cause you wouldn't,   You have plenty of time to waste on those things.   When I was employed, I averaged 70K miles a year.  If I had to check everytime I made a trip I would never get there. 

would you honestly expect say Theatre Royal Norwich to issue traffic bulletins on their website?   Yes if the traffic problems was outside the door.    

For the sake of a small sentence on their  website, or a quick Tweet ,   every Tom Dick and Harry that was going to the speedway would have been aware of the foreseeable problems..  

How you can back them in this instance is beyond me.......        There was only one reason we were not told, and we all know why that was.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

The same Carl Wilkinson who has a 4.09 average in the Championship? :blink:

That's him. He certainly would have a better average than Andersen's 2.60.

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Is this one of the reasons you stay away,because were a very nice team.Why make a change now just because we have suffered our first loss at home.Don't want to become a Poole and change riders more than we all change our underwear.Imo he should be given up to his 8th qualifying match and if he hasn't showed signs of improving then think about making a change.Although i must add i think he has improved since his first match where he was a bit scary.Do you see the improvement in him when you have seen him ride since the 1st match:rolleyes:

It's not about losing, it's not about the management being nice etc etc. 

Andersen has had 6 matches and only averaging 2.60. That's shouldn't be acceptable. 

His scoring has been to the standard of a rider from the NL, that can't be denied.

IMO Josh Bailey should be given a crack. If we can afford to carry a 2.5 point rider 100% Josh Bailey should be in.

• Thanks 2

No idea how old Drew Kemp is but his NL scoring has been really really good too

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

For the sake of a small sentence on their  website, or a quick Tweet ,   every Tom Dick and Harry that was going to the speedway would have been aware of the foreseeable problems..  

How you can back them in this instance is beyond me.......        There was only one reason we were not told, and we all know why that was.....

I

It has been well publicised on local social media and newspapers that there would be odd days when the roads would be closed following the main closures. You simply have to read those papers or follow The appropriate twitter feeds, Norfolk Highways is quite good :)

It was never publicised in our newspaper, nor social media.   Stage that those odd days co-insided with Speedway meetings.  Wonderful planning. 

You obviously do not read the right newspapers:P

Well of cause you wouldn't,   You have plenty of time to waste on those things.   When I was employed, I averaged 70K miles a year.  If I had to check everytime I made a trip I would never get there. 

When I was employed part of my job was to ensure the vehicles under my control knew of possible holds up and traffic congestion so I guess it's second nature to me

Quoting you re a delayed truck driver I assume was part of the works 

t was obvious he had no knowledge of any Speedway happening, which highlights the fact there had been no communication between the road work people and that of the Speedway Promotions,   and that I find totally inefficient .......  

As the works were the primary cause someone in Highways didn't do their job very well if they were unaware of the speedway.....there again it's not exactly a regular weekly occurance any more it is:P