British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Somerset: Wed : 30-05-2018

5 minutes ago, semion said:

How about the lad Atkins, what’s the word on him?   Beat Kemp twice around West Row last Sunday

Difficult one to gauge.

He's only 17 but in his 3rd season in N/L having ridden for both Cov and Plymouth in 2016/17 before Plymouth this season.

Kemp has been a bit of a revelation and may have been 2nd/3rd in Brits under 19 final at Ipswich had he not had a retirement. But even so 10 from 4 completed rides for a 15 year old was still good.

Kemp of course scored that crazy 21 point max a week earlier at Mildenhall and easy to get carried away expecting similar a week later. But remember he is only 15 in his first season, where even Atkins who may not be a World beater is in his third. But fair play to the lad he beat Kemp twice. Kemp did miss a meeting at Kent earlier in the week to do exams so maybe that was still on his mind. I was even going to go from my home in Chelmsford just to see him that night at Kent but my Wife wanted wining and dining that night. Good thing she did as only found out when checking the results he didnt ride and was scrubbed late due to the exam situ. With Jenkins also being injured previously at Birm it would have been the 2 exciting riders i wanted to see both missing. Wouldnt have been a happy bunny for sure :-)

For me if Atkins is going to make it he is perhaps more of a slow burner looking at his scores even if he did turn over Kemp twice at Mildenhall last weekend.

P.S: Kemp scored paid 18 max from his 6 rides at Plymouth 3 weeks earlier were Atkins scored only 9 from 5. Amazingly though they never met over the 11 races they competed in. Shame. Would have been interesting if as it seems Kemp was on fire that day at Plymouth.

Rye signed Woffenden when he 16 and you could see he was a talent that just needed nurturing in the right way.

The first season he helped Rye win the championship and topped the averages if I recall.

Len Silver said that there was never any pressure or expectation put on Tai and all he wanted was for him 

to enjoy riding his motorcycle.

We only have to look at the number of false dawns that have befallen young riders, some shine bright early but never 

improve beyond  Championship level but we need all types of riders otherwise how can the best riders be measured.

The yellow signs saying overnight road closures for 3 weeks stating 20:00 might have been a hint on the way to the stadium. In hindsight it might have ban a good idea to have mentioned it but hindsight is a wonderful thing. In hindsight check your local travel news before making a journey with ongoing roadworks. ? 

Kasper is is an interesting one. I don’t really see it myself but I’d love for him to prove us wrong. People keep saying he’s a character and good at interviews. Head down mouth closed and prove some doubters wrong first I say. And I hope we give him a chance to do that too. He’s hadafewgoodracesforusbut on afaster track like last night I’d say he wasn’t on the pace. And that’s worrying. . . . I remember Shaun Tacey in the pl days though . He was terrible but soon made it his own.

Maybe getting a club in The Championship would help Anderson’s develop in the UK

18 hours ago, therefused said:

Just about sums it up doesnt it? Busters daughter has been there whenever ive been this season, so it is probably the case

Has anyone seen the job description of this person? Are they responsible for the website ( or just Twitter and Facebook ) or is the website still done by Pearson? There was a time when the KLS "in house admin team' were clearly listed and people were encouraged to contact them even meet them. I thought such a person might have a KLS Agony Aunt role and assist fans with their suggestions, ideas and concerns. Dream on it seems! Of course obviously that media person works for the whole stadium business umbrella so perhaps has little time for speedway matters.

Just put an announcement out on the PA during the interval about the roadworks? Not hard is it?! 

Anyway, I got back from working in London just to get in before heat 1 and was pleasantly surprised to see how busy it was. The back car park was almost full.

Why such a big crowd? Must have been the draw of the World Champion being in town and the prospect of our very own Robert Lambert beating him. 

It couldn't have been the crazy half term offer!?? "The King’s Lynn Tru Plant Stars £36 Family ticket gives you all a fun packed evening this Wednesday 30th May. A Family ticket gives you entry for 2 x adults and as many children U16 as you like for just £36. Parking is free." It's £18 to get in for adults and kids go in free anyhow?

Looking forward to the next crazy value promotion - 1 coffee for £1.50 or a special offer of 3 for £.4.50?!?

It made me laugh anyhow : )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Just put an announcement out on the PA during the interval about the roadworks? Not hard is it?! 

Anyway, I got back from working in London just to get in before heat 1 and was pleasantly surprised to see how busy it was. The back car park was almost full.

Why such a big crowd? Must have been the draw of the World Champion being in town and the prospect of our very own Robert Lambert beating him. 

It couldn't have been the crazy half term offer!?? "The King’s Lynn Tru Plant Stars £36 Family ticket gives you all a fun packed evening this Wednesday 30th May. A Family ticket gives you entry for 2 x adults and as many children U16 as you like for just £36. Parking is free." It's £18 to get in for adults and kids go in free anyhow?

Looking forward to the next crazy value promotion - 1 coffee for £1.50 or a special offer of 3 for £.4.50?!?

Wasn't the offer free face painting for the kids and other things to which i can't remember what.Not a discount on entry.

16 hours ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

Nutshell. There you have it in a nutshell. The KLS "promotion" either 1 / 2 / 3 people have no idea of what promoting really is or means if their Family Ticket package is the best they can do. The coffee promotion idea is likely to be much more effective if they take it up! Very like W H Smith offers. None of these ideas will help in any way if they do not reach the non speedway public.

21 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Nutshell. There you have it in a nutshell. The KLS "promotion" either 1 / 2 / 3 people have no idea of what promoting really is or means if their Family Ticket package is the best they can do. The coffee promotion idea is likely to be much more effective if they take it up! Very like W H Smith offers. None of these ideas will help in any way if they do not reach the non speedway public.

Well something worked.I haven't had to park at the bottom of the car park in years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Well something worked.I haven't had to park at the bottom of the car park in years.

World Champion V Lambo. Plus it looked likely to be close. That was a powerful attraction to existing fans ( bet there were very few, if any, newbies ). Free cheese on your chips or mushy peas at half price won't do much to boost the crowd.

28 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

World Champion V Lambo. Plus it looked likely to be close. That was a powerful attraction to existing fans ( bet there were very few, if any, newbies ).

I'm very doubtful as to whether the world champion riding is an incentive to lapsed fans. They can see him ride on TV every other week. The days of being able to see Mauger or Olsen once a season, therefore being a novelty, have long gone.

58 minutes ago, tellboy said:

School half term is the answer

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

School half term is the answer

Exactly.  Marked difference in attendance during school hols. 9.30 pm finish on a school night makes it a big no no for families on school days. Proves the attendance would be better on Fri or sat nights, but that doesn't work for the way speedway runs at moment. Rock and hard place

• Thanks 1

It's not inconceivable that the 'half term offer' worked.....just because it doesn't work out any cheaper that doesn't mean that presenting the information in a different way hasn't encouraged a few more people to go. Might just have been a clever bit of marketing. 

Only on a Lynn thread could there be bleating and whining around a bigger than usual attendance :D:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It's not inconceivable that the 'half term offer' worked.....just because it doesn't work out any cheaper that doesn't mean that presenting the information in a different way hasn't encouraged a few more people to go. Might just have been a clever bit of marketing. 

Only on a Lynn thread could there be bleating and whining around a bigger than usual attendance :D:rolleyes:

That's true but they'll never really know if the promotion worked or becausee it's just school holidays. 

They'll need to run the promotion on a school week to see if incentives like that really work or if it's just wasted money so to speak.

• Like 1