British Speedway Forum
WestGorton1884

Belle Vue Aces Vs Leicester Lions 28/5 /18

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

What's the issue with Cookie? ?

So far as I know, he had left his van at Stansted when he flew out after the meeting at Somerset. His flight from Prague was delayed so he had to drive into Germany to catch a flight which landed at Stansted in the early hours of the morning and then drive to Manchester for the meeting at 12 noon. He had no sleep and after taking his first ride felt ill and was apparently exhausted and dehydrated. He would probably have had time to recover and been ok if it has been an evening meeting.

Not surprised a thread wasn’t started for the return fixture as the lack of interest whilst there is mirrored in the social media world. 

I’ve just got home as I left at heat 8 due to the appalling nature of the product on show. I think it was amplified by seeing the earlier meeting at the NSS. 

No racing and I’m confident there was no passing after I left. I only count passes after the third bend, first lap as up to then they’re just sorting themselves out off the start. Second and last visit. 

Nothing more to report.  

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

So far as I know, he had left his van at Stansted when he flew out after the meeting at Somerset. His flight from Prague was delayed so he had to drive into Germany to catch a flight which landed at Stansted in the early hours of the morning and then drive to Manchester for the meeting at 12 noon. He had no sleep and after taking his first ride felt ill and was apparently exhausted and dehydrated. He would probably have had time to recover and been ok if it has been an evening meeting.

Oh the poor thing. I hope he doesn’t get half the stick Woffy did when he did the same in 2014.

What a difference in 2 meetings, first one had big score difference but passing in nearly every heat. 2nd one was fairly close score but we had to wait till heat 13 for a single pass, and what a good heat that was, with Fricke passing both Leicester riders despite King having a massive roller at the start, and then Riss passed Bjerre off last bend to beat him by at least half a bike length and the referee gave it to Bjerre!

Tony Steele from Leicester was so biased, we had earlier Andersen taking Riss’ leg away causing Riss to fall yet Riss was excluded, multiple jump starts and bizarre decision when Bewley caused himself and Fricke both to fall the ref excluded Fricke!

Some excellent racing at the NNS yesterday morning. The Bahamas like conditions gave me a perfect suntan. Thanks Manchester!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lastword said:

Just seen on the Leicester website that they call today's condition 'a dusty track'

They should have been well used to a dusty track then as it's been dusty all season at Leicester with zero watering during the meeting

8 hours ago, Rob B said:

What a difference in 2 meetings, first one had big score difference but passing in nearly every heat. 2nd one was fairly close score but we had to wait till heat 13 for a single pass, and what a good heat that was, with Fricke passing both Leicester riders despite King having a massive roller at the start, and then Riss passed Bjerre off last bend to beat him by at least half a bike length and the referee gave it to Bjerre!

Tony Steele from Leicester was so biased, we had earlier Andersen taking Riss’ leg away causing Riss to fall yet Riss was excluded, multiple jump starts and bizarre decision when Bewley caused himself and Fricke both to fall the ref excluded Fricke!

Riss so clearly beat Bjerre I didn't realise he hadn't until I got home and saw that the score didn't match what I had in my programme app.

Unbelievable Jeff!

1 hour ago, iainb said:

They should have been well used to a dusty track then as it's been dusty all season at Leicester with zero watering during the meeting

Riss so clearly beat Bjerre I didn't realise he hadn't until I got home and saw that the score didn't match what I had in my programme app.

Unbelievable Jeff!

Yes it wasn’t even close, I don’t write it in my programme if it’s close but I did last night and had to change it!

2 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

As expected, the faux concern for 'Cookie' was another sick brum troll, sadly aces51 walked right into it and set it up perfectly for the saddo. 

The irony of tlbisft having a go at a rider with well reported issues would be funny if it wasn't so sick and twisted.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/82841-poole-2017/&do=findComment&comment=2900458

Yet you are happy to make fun of a poster who has known medical issues. You would know about being sick and twisted. The original sick and twisted troll.

4 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Eh?

You said you had 'no issue' with me taking the piss out of your many medical issues?

Sounds like you're getting grumpy now or is that because you've just got out of bed?

If you can’t see the hypocrisy in your 2 posts then you are more of a troll than I thought.

you have been rightly banned for your dreadful attacks in the past. I’m sure most were sick of your personal attacks.

however if that’s what floats you boat go ahead.

i made a comment about Cook in regards to him missing a meeting due to exhaustion and commented that Woffy did the same thing in 2014 and had a lot of posters mocking him for it. If you see something wrong in that then it makes you a very strange type of character.

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Oh the poor thing. I hope he doesn’t get half the stick Woffy did when he did the same in 2014.

Remind me of the circumstances in 2014.

47 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

To be fair I don't join the continual mocking of starman (for example) particularly after his troublesome winter. That's not to say I don't take issue with some of his posts, although I do know (like you, lol!) he doesn't take it personally having pm'd him a few of times. I've never read him taking the piss out of riders with known issues though, only you are prepared to do that in public.

And only you are prepared to make personal attacks on posters and rightly getting banned for it.

Each to their won.

if it’s ok for Woffy to get slated for taking a break thru  exhaustion then I fail to see your logic.

Its clear Cook has confidence and issues with depression which are certainly not to be mocked. No one is doing that. Something you fail to accuse me of of course.

22 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Remind me of the circumstances in 2014.

He took a weeks break from riding in the UK due to having an exhaustive schedule.

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

He took a weeks break from riding in the UK due to having an exhaustive schedule.

So where are the similarities. Cook didn't take a break he made extraordinary efforts to get back to ride for his club, managed to do so and took his first ride but was then taken ill due to the efforts he had made.

34 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

So where are the similarities. Cook didn't take a break he made extraordinary efforts to get back to ride for his club, managed to do so and took his first ride but was then taken ill due to the efforts he had made.

So he pulled out of the meeting and the evening meeting due to being ill through exhaustion ? Of course there are similarities.

The riders have a punishing schedule so you can only admire the commitment. Didn’t stop some giving Woffy grief. My only comparison.

26 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Well your trolling has diverted yet another Aces thread away from the fantastic racing on a perfect day in front of a great crowd and the award for the refs best track.

For someone who has gone on record to say you don't have an issue with me 'making fun' and you don't take it personal you are droning on about it for some reason?

For the record I don't think fans should take the piss out of injured (or ill) riders, you know it (the Zagar bags of blood was particularly sick and offensive even for you, hence my ban) but you like to goad a response knowing I will happily take the piss out of you so you can play the victim card YET AGAIN. 

Seeing as You never learn YOU DO NOT have permission to personally ‘‘make fun’ of me. You will only take it to the extreme as you always do. Hopefully that’s crystal clear. 

Edited by stevebrum
Added information