British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Saturday Night Racing...The Rye House Predicament!

2 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Same old "We're superior clubs and supporters - do what we say and want" crap from D1 supporters. As long as that mentality continues the sport has little chance. 

That's not how it is, though, so your little witticism falls short.

3 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

Same old "We're superior clubs and supporters - do what we say and want" crap from D1 supporters. As long as that mentality continues the sport has little chance. 

No one said that at all ..we had a second division supporter who said that the top division was crap .oddly enough in speedway it tends to be lower league supporters who think  they are superior or have a chip of there shoulder like you .

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Grachan said:

Same old "our league is better than your league" crap from Second Division supporters, I see. As long as that mentality continues, the sport has little chance.

Not at all - neither league is in a paticularly good position at present

The Championship level however is the sustainable one for Ipswich and IMO the vast majority of clubs (both existing Championship and some currently in the Premiership)

I just think its far more attractive (and likely) for a number from above will want to join Ipswich at Championship level rather than Ipswich going the other way

Not really sure why there is ever a debate re which league is better...

The vast majority of riders ride in both so surely they are pretty much the same? 

The Premiership 'should' be the pinnacle of the Sport, the one that becomes the aspirational top level for those climbing the ladder (Clubs and Riders). And the one that brings in the most publicity for the Sport by having the 'biggest teams', which then feeds down the natural levels....

That it isn't all of the above, doesnt do the sport any favours..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, orion said:

No one said that at all ..we had a second division supporter who said that the top division was crap .oddly enough in speedway it tends to be lower league supporters who think  they are superior or have a chip of there shoulder like you .

The quality of the riders and to a certain extent even the racing isnt the only criteria for 'the best league' debate.

The set up of fixtutes,continuity of teams,cross club collaboration, cost/income ratio etc

Dont get me wrong on this one - the Championship has gone significantly backwards this year on the above. However I feel a lot of that has resulted from changes in the attempt to put right the Premiership which is a bit of a basket case

I think the Championship has actually lost its way a bit.  The second division never used to include No.1s from the top division and this increased doubling down/up has led to a lack of distinction.  One of the only real differences I can see this year is that the reserves seem to be a lot weaker in the CL, presumably to compensate for all the PL riders in the teams.  For too long now the riders have driven the agenda, whether that's the introduction of the GP series (ooh controversial) or the fixed race nights - if it was to avoid fixture clashes then why is it only in the PL?

The BSPA/SCB should re-draw the league structure, limit riders to only one league CL or PL, reduce the average conversion so that it lowers the level of those eligible to rider CL and if they don't like it they can do one.  There would need to be an increase in fixtures for PL so that the bizarre situation of being able to earn more in a lower league is removed.

Sorry this is not about Rye House - for them I expect they will be seeking a change to fixed nights as I don't see the move to Mon/Weds paying off for them.  They did well last night, just need Harris to actually start scoring and drop Clegg - his inclusion is not benefiting him or the club as far as I can see.  

• Like 2

I've said it before already but I'll say it again - The Premiership is the top division and therefore should take priority over anything else and the rest should fall in line. Promotors should of been ruthless at the AGM and hammered home the Monday and Thursday fixed race nights and not been put off by Ipswich, Redcar and Sheffield.

The fact that Denmark is taking priority over Britain on a Wednesday is an absolute shambles position to be in. I read on here somewhere the other day that Robert Lambert is meant to miss Kings Lynn visit to Poole because he is due to ride in Denmark. How has it come to that? Shambles.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I've said it before already but I'll say it again - The Premiership is the top division and therefore should take priority over anything else and the rest should fall in line. Promotors should of been ruthless at the AGM and hammered home the Monday and Thursday fixed race nights and not been put off by Ipswich, Redcar and Sheffield.

The fact that Denmark is taking priority over Britain on a Wednesday is an absolute shambles position to be in. I read on here somewhere the other day that Robert Lambert is meant to miss Kings Lynn visit to Poole because he is due to ride in Denmark. How has it come to that? Shambles.

I was the one who made the Lambert comment. When I saw this was a Wed fixture I immediately checked the DK fixtures as i know that DK had been given Wed priority.

It didnt affect my team Poole as we had no riders with DK commitments but my thoughts were what about Lambert and NKI who both signed up for DK, I think even maybe before Uk as they were both latish signings for KL and the rules were already in place.

I think NKI's team not riding that night but of course if he is having an op and treatment on his shoulder then it could mean he misses the meeting. Lambert's team are riding so in theory he could miss out. Doesnt he also live in Germany with his girlfriend now ??, so I assume he would do POL Sun/SWE Tuesday then DK Wed as its now bridge connected ??. Also not constantly having to fly in and out of UK.

I cld be wrong of course but if thats the rules then I assume he will ride DK which he already did on a Wed when it clashed with KL this season I believe. Not sure if Jorgensen is affected as not sure if he rides DK or if his team rides that night.

35 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I was the one who made the Lambert comment. When I saw this was a Wed fixture I immediately checked the DK fixtures as i know that DK had been given Wed priority.

It didnt affect my team Poole as we had no riders with DK commitments but my thoughts were what about Lambert and NKI who both signed up for DK, I think even maybe before Uk as they were both latish signings for KL and the rules were already in place.

I think NKI's team not riding that night but of course if he is having an op and treatment on his shoulder then it could mean he misses the meeting. Lambert's team are riding so in theory he could miss out. Doesnt he also live in Germany with his girlfriend now ??, so I assume he would do POL Sun/SWE Tuesday then DK Wed as its now bridge connected ??. Also not constantly having to fly in and out of UK.

I cld be wrong of course but if thats the rules then I assume he will ride DK which he already did on a Wed when it clashed with KL this season I believe. Not sure if Jorgensen is affected as not sure if he rides DK or if his team rides that night.

Appreciated the information,   Wouldn't it have been better had the club were up front and kept their fans up to date.   

As for the vote of having the FRN on a Wednesday just highlights the 'I'm alright Jack philosophy' that has existed in the BSPA for more years than I care to remember.    Nothing will ever change until they all put the 'Sport'   FIRST,   and their own 'Team' SECOND.....     Only a group of 'Dimwits'  would elect a FRN on the night when another country has priority. 

We are now, not allowed to race on a Tuesday,   nor on a Thursday, or Friday.  Sat and Sundays have never been an option,  leaving our league  with only Mondays as a free day, , which only Wolves want, and Wednesdays when the Danes have first choice.     Would it have been possible to have got it more wrong than the way it has turned out....      

I doubt it....  :t:

• Like 1

To be fair, it's not known if Lambert is missing for the Poole meeting yet. Denmark have until 4 days prior to name their teams.

19 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

To be fair, it's not known if Lambert is missing for the Poole meeting yet. Denmark have until 4 days prior to name their teams.

This comes up time and again.  Denmark only has priority when the rider is a Dane, not a Brit!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

This comes up time and again.  Denmark only has priority when the rider is a Dane, not a Brit!

Wrong

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Not on a Wednesday apparently

Been said a few times so I won't Labour the point but if Britain wants flexible race nights and/or weekend racing then it has to be a semi pro or amateur league(s), as rider availability just isn't there.

No bad thing imo as the sport would be more affordable and go back to basics. A kind of hybrid of National League and Championship would work well I think.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, g13webb said:

Only a group of 'Dimwits'  would elect a FRN on the night when another country has priority. 

Whatever the reason the BSPA got it wrong again, another season is blighted by ill thought through ideas. I am genuinely beginning to believe that there is some way that promoters here will benefit from the death of fully professional  speedway. Those who own their stadiums might somehow get automatic planning permission and be quids in? Or is it true that they are just a group of dimwits? I will have to go for the dimwits theory for now.