British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Can't see Gomolski being in the frame - not now the Churchill Arms has closed!!!:D

Or maybe I have got it wrong and he WILL be in the frame because the Churchill Arms has closed!!:cheers:

Are you insinuating something?

I read it as Gomolski might like a drink or two. But it might just be the way i think :oops:

What about Peter Ljung?!

either way Poole fans need to rule out Holder, he wont be riding in the UK this season for sure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

What about Peter Ljung?!

either way Poole fans need to rule out Holder, he wont be riding in the UK this season for sure.

comfirmed by matt no holder peter ljung no thank you

Leicester away form pretty poor so looks like a Poole win without too much bother and the final straw for 1 or more of the Lions riders

I hope Woryna is ok after his alarming fall in Sweden last night. He went in air fence, bike over it!

Hope to be there, although the weather here in Devon is awful.

2 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Leicester away form pretty poor so looks like a Poole win without too much bother and the final straw for 1 or more of the Lions riders

The main one's away in Denmark

I would on get rid of Szczepaniak now tbh. Heat 15 at Wolverhampton just sums up our season and it's not meant to be.

We aren't going to win the league this season because our 1-7 has a number of faults from top to bottom.

*No Number 1 - Brady Kurtz is a No.3/No.5

*A captain who has struggled due to quitting the Championship and choosing to go big in Poland (My opinion)

*A reserve who has been dropped twice in Poland already this season due to abysmal performances. His brother is having a bad season also so maybe it's engine problems?

*No team leader - We don't have a Hans Andersen type of character in the pits. Josh Grajczonek is not a team leader/captain. Too much pressure on Josh in the captains role (My opinion)

*No firepower in the big Heats - We are effectively sending out a No.3/No.5 and a second string in the big Heats.

The Number 1 position and the firepower in the big heats are unsolvable because Matt has clearly stated that he cannot tempt any big riders to Britain. Therefore you might as well forget about this year because any team changes will more than likely be a like for like replacement and they will not solve the current problems in the side. 

Might as well plan ahead for next year and keep riders like Grajczonek on low 5ish averages instead of letting other teams take advantage by signing these riders on lucrative averages.

30 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

I would on get rid of Szczepaniak now tbh. Heat 15 at Wolverhampton just sums up our season and it's not meant to be.

We aren't going to win the league this season because our 1-7 has a number of faults from top to bottom.

*No Number 1 - Brady Kurtz is a No.3/No.5

*A captain who has struggled due to quitting the Championship and choosing to go big in Poland (My opinion)

*A reserve who has been dropped twice in Poland already this season due to abysmal performances. His brother is having a bad season also so maybe it's engine problems?

*No team leader - We don't have a Hans Andersen type of character in the pits. Josh Grajczonek is not a team leader/captain. Too much pressure on Josh in the captains role (My opinion)

*No firepower in the big Heats - We are effectively sending out a No.3/No.5 and a second string in the big Heats.

The Number 1 position and the firepower in the big heats are unsolvable because Matt has clearly stated that he cannot tempt any big riders to Britain. Therefore you might as well forget about this year because any team changes will more than likely be a like for like replacement and they will not solve the current problems in the side. 

Might as well plan ahead for next year and keep riders like Grajczonek on low 5ish averages instead of letting other teams take advantage by signing these riders on lucrative averages.

Hmmm - Interesting comment re Josh if you factor in closing comments on my longish post just now on Poole for next  season. Maybe 4 Aussies in the team ;)

Agree with plenty of the above as mentioned in some of my previous posts.

For me getting some wins and moving up the table for this season is my priority for Poole. Anything else this season would be a bonus even if we were losing semi finalists in play offs. After the problems both on and off the track with Poole 2018 and lack of finance etc and problems Matt has had I think even mid table wont be a disaster with PERHAPS more exciting possibilities for next season if you can factor in Chis/Jack/Brady and yes maybe a more settled Josh on a not high GSA for 2019.

But that's for next year. Let's get this year sorted first and get some confidence building wins in the team.

I am sure Matt will have his forward team building head on IF the League retains its current format for next year.

Is JoshG Australian or Polish?

In todays Echo it states he is now eligible to ride in this years Polish Champs! Riding on Friday in Krosno along with Woryna!

He's allowed to have a Polish Licence!!

3 minutes ago, BobC said:

Is JoshG Australian or Polish?

In todays Echo it states he is now eligible to ride in this years Polish Champs! Riding on Friday in Krosno along with Woryna!

He`s taken out polish citizenship and has a Polish passport(Grandmother Polish)

10 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He`s taken out polish citizenship and has a Polish passport(Grandmother Polish)

Does that also mean he won't need a visa/work permit in future if he has become a POL citizen. Means maybe one less problem for Matt to worry about in 2019 if he is going to be part of the team on maybe an attractive GSA ;-)

That would also explain partly why so much time spent in POL this season. Maybe he now has dual nationality meaning he can straddle both sides of the fence.

Its all a load of twaddle.

Dont give two hoots about your background. Where you are born is your nationality,End of.