British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

wheres Gavan, i want his opinion before I proceed with a strongly worded letter to the Times. This is scandelous. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10579998

Edited by Mr X

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is simply scandelous. No other words to say.

I am only 3 miles from the track and it’s been bone dry all day. Never crossed my mind in a month of sundays the meeting would be in any doubt. Got to the stadium at 6.25 with long queues. Looked easily like it was biggest crowd of the season. Then Gordon Pairman came out at 6.30 to say the ref had deemed the track unsafe fir racing and called it off. He said the Poole promotion were not given the chance blah de blah.

All totally scandelous and will cost the club dearly.

You can’t blame the ref for your mess of a track. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, therefused said:

You can’t blame the ref for your mess of a track. 

I am not blaming the ref.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is simply scandelous. No other words to say.

I am only 3 miles from the track and it’s been bone dry all day. Never crossed my mind in a month of sundays the meeting would be in any doubt. Got to the stadium at 6.25 with long queues. Looked easily like it was biggest crowd of the season. Then Gordon Pairman came out at 6.30 to say the ref had deemed the track unsafe fir racing and called it off. He said the Poole promotion were not given the chance blah de blah.

All totally scandelous and will cost the club dearly.

Apparently the ref said he saw a right shower in the pits!  :)

• Haha 2

From the Poole website.

It was with regret that we have to report that tonight's meeting between Poole and Leicester has been postponed due to track conditions.

Unfortunately, the weather effects on the circuit have caused the track to 'break-up' in places and in consultation with the SCB referee it was deemed to be unsafe to try and commence racing.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Mr X said:

wheres Gavan, i want his opinion before I proceed with a strongly worded letter to the Times. This is scandelous. 

tenor.gif?itemid=10579998

Before you send it, make sure you spell check it first.......

Oh how padantic....

Edited by Mr X

Am velly solly me luvly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

my spill check is off cos i can spill corroctly thank yu

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Oh how padantic....

Pedantic........ You're welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

agree looked a very good crowd,long queues. At the track last night neil who helps glyn taylor,does most of the tractor driving i believe told me he wasnt coming in today??this could have bad repercussions for the club in what has been a disastrous season financially,feel for matt(i would have sacked mr taylor at 6.30)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

From the Poole website.

It was with regret that we have to report that tonight's meeting between Poole and Leicester has been postponed due to track conditions.

Unfortunately, the weather effects on the circuit have caused the track to 'break-up' in places and in consultation with the SCB referee it was deemed to be unsafe to try and commence racing.

Well their track prep must be rubbish cos hasn't rained much at all today. Wolves had actual floods the day before their meeting, and still got it on! 

2 minutes ago, poole keith said:

agree looked a very good crowd,long queues. At the track last night neil who helps glyn taylor,does most of the tractor driving i believe told me he wasnt coming in today??this could have bad repercussions for the club in what has been a disastrous season financially,feel for matt(i would have sacked mr taylor at 6.30)

You feel for Matt? Seriously! 

What about all the riders and fans that travelled. Feel for Matt, my arse! 

• Like 1

Just now, poole keith said:

Wolverhampton choke job and now this......When does it end.

The club is a mess at the moment. We are going nowhere this season. 

Just have to ride the storm and come back better next year.