British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

9 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Hmm, not sure I believe it. Where I live it was a bit dizzly this morning but that's it. But I am half an hour drive away. So any fans who live near the track, was there heavy rain this morning? The forecast was for it to be very cloudy all day, so it was never gonna be sunny enough to dry anything out!

Edited by lisa-colette

6 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Not sure that the track being “not raceable” has any relevance: Leicester could have just trundled around in front of the Pirates like every other team this season. :)

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I am only 3 miles from the track and it’s been bone dry all day. 

SHOVELIT STRIKES AGAIN!

Neil Middleditch in the Bournemouth Echo.

NEIL Middleditch revealed how heavy morning rain had led to the surprise postponement of Pirates’ SGB Premiership clash with Leicester tonight.

He told the Daily Echo: “We had so much heavy rain this morning that the track was actually under water until about lunchtime.

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, not sure I believe it. Where I live it was a bit dizzly this morning but that's it. But I am half an hour drive away. So any fans who live near the track, was there heavy rain this morning? The forecast was for it to more very cloudy all day, so it was never gonna be sunny enough to dry anything out!

very heavy rain overnight - not sure what time it stopped

Just now, DC2 said:

Not sure that the track being “not raceable” has any relevance: Leicester could have just trundled around in front of the Pirates like every other team this season. :)

i know you like fishing, but that made me chuckle.. :D

And before this thread gets into a slanging match with the usual suspects I just want to say well done to Steve Shovlar and Lisa Colette for giving honest opinions and actually not sticking up for Poole in this instance .. Well done 

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, not sure I believe it. Where I live it was a bit dizzly this morning but that's it. But I am half an hour drive away. So any fans who live near the track, was there heavy rain this morning? The forecast was for it to be very cloudy all day, so it was never gonna be sunny enough to dry anything out!

Guess if the riders didn’t want to go out then there isn’t much that can be done. Assume the Leicester riders have the Swindon meeting (which I was at) in the back of their minds. 

4 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

SHOVELIT STRIKES AGAIN!

Neil Middleditch in the Bournemouth Echo.

NEIL Middleditch revealed how heavy morning rain had led to the surprise postponement of Pirates’ SGB Premiership clash with Leicester tonight.

He told the Daily Echo: “We had so much heavy rain this morning that the track was actually under water until about lunchtime.

Think you'll find Middlo might be stretching the truth! Other Poole residents have said hardly any rain!

Presume the tide was in...?:D

Apparently the initially disgruntled Pirates fans have just left in a more understanding mood now that Middlo has confirmed that they even tried tilting the track to drain off the water. Although Grajczonek still fell off :)

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

And before this thread gets into a slanging match with the usual suspects I just want to say well done to Steve Shovlar and Lisa Colette for giving honest opinions and actually not sticking up for Poole in this instance .. Well done 

I've had to put up this crap from the club loads before so it's starting to grate now! Just sort of glad it got called ten mins before I left the house. I know what they are like with calling meetings off at half six.

And - it took 45 mins for the clubs twitter account to put it was called off, luckily I follow Ned Payne on twitter who tweeted first about it I believe. According to another Poole fan, Ned tweeted it before they announced it at the stadium!!

Edited by lisa-colette

55 minutes ago, colin wood said:

Is the tide in at the minute?

Damn, beat me to it....;):D

Was out and about at 8 am and the roads were dry then and have been dry all day. It did rain overnight but was over by the time it was daylight.

Just sounds like a total ballsup with the track and an extremely expensive one judging by the amount of people at the stadium.

• Like 3

I live in Bournemouth 5 miles from the stadium. I took my dog for a walk at 8am and it wasn’t raining then and hasn’t rained at all since then !!!!