British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

It was raining hard at 6am but certainly nothing since 8am.

1 minute ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Could have rained at 2.00am or something and those Poole fans didn't realise because they were snoozing. 

Which would make Middlo's comments spot on. 

Okay but as Wolves have shown you can dry a track out in 12 hours! It's just ridiculous. You are only making a deal out of this cos you are obsessed with Steve, get over your crush and move on FFS! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Could have rained at 2.00am or something and those Poole fans didn't realise because they were snoozing. 

Which would make Middlo's comments spot on. 

"Could have" or did ? ..... don't talk bollocks, talk FACTS.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Okay but as Wolves have shown you can dry a track out in 12 hours! It's just ridiculous. You are only making a deal out of this cos you are obsessed with Steve, get over your crush and move on FFS! 

Wolverhampton is a different track so that's irrelevant. 

No I'm not I'm just saying Shovelit said it has been BONE DRY ALL DAY. Middlo said heavy rain this morning. Other Poole fans said they were doing this at 8am or that at 9am.

The day starts at midnight so Middlo could be right.....It might have rained at 2.00 am or 3.00 am and those Poole fans wouldn't know because they could have been sleeping.

1 hour ago, Pirate Nick said:

I work 1/2 mile from the track and can confirm that from 9am there was no rain. FACT as you like to say (although in this case it actually is). :)

Mate. Im neither going to argue with the dumb dumbs on here nor reply to them. I got to the stadium at approx 11.30. The track was sodden. We had a lot of rain last night, that was forcast, thats what we got. But even i was suprised at the state of the track.
Glyn showed me, the rain had gone right through and the track was a quagmire deep down Glyn worked his Nuts off all day, on his own, no help whats so ever, including errecting the airfence which as anybody on here with half a brain cell on  will know, when they are flat and you put them up tons of water comes off them, There is nothing, you can do about it That is and was pretty restricted to the outer part of the track. And before anybody mentions it, the area Glyn showed me was well away from airfence reach.
In the afternoon, it was clear that because we had no drying wind and it was muggy the track was  not going to dry, no matter what he did, he could have put the spikes in all the way round to help the track breathe he may well have done that, but even that may, not have helped. So he tried to pre-emped the riders and bladed it off to hopefully  give it a chance to dry a bit more in the last 3-4 hrs before the meeting started. Sadly, the REFEREE Grahame Reave one of our most experienced referees, deemed the track UNFIT to race, i dont know if the riders were  involved. It took everybody by suprise. I asked 2 former riders who are part of our track staff what they thought, they said they wouldnt ride it..
Clearly, the damage was done overnight. First and formost, the riders do not earn the fans do not get to see Speedway and Matt would have lost a fortune tonight given it was a school holiday and we would have got a decent crowd judging by the ques outside This has been a total disaster and everybody is pretty cheesed off.. The amount of rain we have had this winter and spring puts rainy Manchester in the shade. This is what i know and all i know..
I will not add to this, nor reply to any other poster.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

If you parked in the stadium car-park tonight, keep your ticket, produce it next time for FREE parking.... a small victory I know... but this season it could well be one of the highlights! 

• Like 2

Im no track man, but couldn't it be bladed at midday, and relayed with dry shale and pack it, no water, just let the dry shale take the moisture out of the base over 6 or so hours, if it didn't look like drying ?

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GWC said:

Track covers anyone?

Well tonight's late call off might of paid for half a set on it's own. ? What are they £2k ?

I was in Poole overnight. No rain at 11pm. Car and roads not even damp at 7am. No rain between 7am and 6.30pm when it was called off.

I was at my Fathers, whose house backs onto the school and Stadium. You can watch the riders go along the back straight from the pits into bend 3

Unless the rules have changed, I believe the home promoter can call off a meeting right up to 2 hours before the meeting. After that, only the referee can call it off. 

I am with SS on this. A massive balls up and one which will have a profound affect. Embarrassed to say the least.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, BobC said:

I was in Poole overnight. No rain at 11pm. Car and roads not even damp at 7am. No rain between 7am and 6.30pm when it was called off.

I was at my Fathers, whose house backs onto the school and Stadium. You can watch the riders go along the back straight from the pits into bend 3

Unless the rules have changed, I believe the home promoter can call off a meeting right up to 2 hours before the meeting. After that, only the referee can call it off. 

I am with SS on this. A massive balls up and one which will have a profound affect. Embarrassed to say the least.

Even if Glyn had heavily watered the track from the time he got in would not have had that effect mate. It was deep into the track. And Glyn would definately not, have watered on an already saturated track..

Edited by Starman2006

6 minutes ago, BobC said:

Well you can't get no closer than that. Looks like a frig up with the track. Still rubbish. How much worse can it get..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Well I was in the shower this morning and it was chuckin it down in there....

Edited by Mr X
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Well I was in the shower this morning and it was chuckin it down in there....

Explains it now. :PLocalised flooding. Pissed down on half the track, the other was dry :rofl:

Edited by Bald Bloke