British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

33 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Well I was in the shower this morning and it was chuckin it down in there....

I bet it was hot as well

37 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Well I was in the shower this morning and it was chuckin it down in there....

talking of shower, were is Gavan tonight

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Im no track man, but couldn't it be bladed at midday, and relayed with dry shale and pack it, no water, just let the dry shale take the moisture out of the base over 6 or so hours, if it didn't look like drying ?

As Lynn learnt 2015 in playoffs, Poole don’t have any spare shale. 

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

talking of shower, were is Gavan tonight

He has to be banned, he'd be having a field day with all that's happened tonight!

1 minute ago, DWP said:

As Lynn learnt 2015 in playoffs, Poole don’t have any spare shale. 

Poole can't be a flush as some fans care to make out. Cost them tonight.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

He has to be banned, he'd be having a field day with all that's happened tonight!

Maybe on twitter having a live show off “@hornygirlf**k”? :blink::blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

the dumb dumbs on here

well that's the "ironic post of the year" sorted

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I thought that Glyn was supposed to be a great track man.  As said above by flagrag it would be interesting to hear from him - because something is smelling strongly of fish here

Interesting comment by Bassman on the Kings Lynn vs Somerset match, about the Poole track, on the Speedway Updates site, see below.

"Not surprised at the call off track is crap, has been for a while they took to much off a few weeks ago and the sub base started to break up and what’s been done since absolutely nothing as it potholed and rutted out on bends 1-2 ever since, woeful state of affairs really,makes a dangerous sport even more hazardous, really need to get something sorted before someone cops an unnecessary and preventable injury"

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/17847/somerset-premiership-30-05-2018?page=1#ixzz5H4EWSklg

Edited by LesR
additional text

11 hours ago, GWC said:

Track covers anyone?

You going to come and lay them. ? and then take them up, maybe in the pouring down of rain, 5 hours to lay them properly and  4 to take them up, and thats to just put them on the centre green without rolling them up properly. When we trialed it EVERYBODY agreed including Ronnie Russell who brought them down said its just not practical. Then, you have to have the VOLUNTEERS to do it, people have to work, that unfortunately comes first.  Now, you can dig what you like out of that, and so can the other" experts" on here but you are all talking rubbish.

Edited by Starman2006

13 hours ago, GWC said:

Friend of mine on holiday at center parcs and checked Poole web site at 6 and all good.

Gets to track and it’s off, now if Midditch himself said it looked iffy who on earth makes the decision to run when he knows darn well that the riders won’t accept it!

Club should receive significant fine.

The REFEREES decision.

14 hours ago, ray c said:

I think somebody telling porky pies the track was never under water at lunchtime disaster ?

Yes it was. You really want to Quote Glyn. I see it for myself. Please read my main post.

Edited by Starman2006

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

The REFEREES decision.

Surely the referee consulted the rider's before the call off unfortunately all this is warring a little thin with supporters who spend a lot of money traveling to Poole and then get the meeting called off so late in the day ?

Just now, ray c said:

Surely the referee consulted the rider's before the call off unfortunately all this is warring a little thin with supporters who spend a lot of money traveling to Poole and then get the meeting called off so late in the day ?

I understand what you are saying and i agree with you. But the referee made the decision to call the meeting off. The  riders may/ or may not have had a say in the matter.  End of the day rider safety is paramount. Glyn moved heaven and earth to try and get that meeting on. please read my post. We are all rather sick of this weather, and spare a thought for Matt, the buck stops with him, this is costing him thousands.

28 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yes it was. You really want to Quote Glyn. I see it for myself. Please read my main post.

I am not referring to Glyn in my comment middleditch said it was raining all morning in Poole yesterday morning and this is completely not true 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You going to come and lay them. ? and then take them up, maybe in the pouring down of rain, 5 hours to lay them properly and  4 to take them up, and thats to just put them on the centre green without rolling them up properly. When we trialed it EVERYBODY agreed including Ronnie Russell who brought them down said its just not practical. Then, you have to have the VOLUNTEERS to do it, people have to work, that unfortunately comes first.  Now, you can dig what you like out of that, and so can the other" experts" on here but you are all talking rubbish.

Fact is that Berwick would more than likely have had the meeting on using their covers...

Seems barmy to spend hundreds and thousands of pounds each year on riders whose names don't attract thousands, but nothing on a system that may help to do so over many, many years...

Edited by mikebv