British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I didnt mention about the water table, its the only thing i didnt mention it was late.. Sadly that is also having a massive effect. Neils explanation is the same as mine, and correct.
It is soooo anoying but its just one of those things. Hopefully it will be rectified. But again, Glyn will have to go through the whole process again..
As i also said, with the amount of rain we have had this spring and winter has been stupid, mix that with the water table and you have a problem. You are fighting a loosing battle. Glyn even tried to pre-empt the riders by blading it off.  Rightly or wrongly he tried.

Does Glyn ask you to be his spokesman on here, as you seem to talk on his behalf a heck of a lot ?

I'm guessing not - personally if i was him, i'd be asking you to stop doing that as you're probably damaging any reputation he has left.

(Btw i'm not a fan of Glyns anyway as he beat Todd  about 30 years ago, it just makes me cringe seeing you type about his movements and actions all the time)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BurntFaceMan said:

No it doesn't work like that. It's not over engineering, it's basic engineering.

What you suggest is huge over engineering.  You don't need the whole system to be completely water proof.  You just need to redirect most of the water from the track to the infield.

You have made up an incredibly complex solution and rightly pointed out it is impractical.  That doesn't mean no system is practical.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stevehone said:

we had this at Kings Lynn a few weeks ago too ...

31789367_10155414822182517_3652395628232704000_n.jpg

You cant take it away from Chapman, he can sort a track out

• Like 1

Am I the only one that was slightly relieved the fixture didn't go ahead, because I don't believe having Chris Harris at No. 1 would have brought the Lions many points?

I take no pride in saying that as he's been a marvelous servant to British Speedway, however he just doesn't appear to be on it this season.

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

Does Glyn ask you to be his spokesman on here, as you seem to talk on his behalf a heck of a lot ?

I'm guessing not - personally if i was him, i'd be asking you to stop doing that as you're probably damaging any reputation he has left.

(Btw i'm not a fan of Glyns anyway as he beat Todd  about 30 years ago, it just makes me cringe seeing you type about his movements and actions all the time)

I am not a fan of Glyn's either ( nothing personal Glyn!!) Phil Crump was eliminated from the WC in the Aussie round after Crump had a notorious clash with Billy Sanders.Crump had scored 12 but got excluded wrongly Glyn Taylor got 13 he got asked to stand down but he took his place in the Overseas Final and was outclassed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Am I the only one that was slightly relieved the fixture didn't go ahead, because I don't believe having Chris Harris at No. 1 would have brought the Lions many points?

I take no pride in saying that as he's been a marvelous servant to British Speedway, however he just doesn't appear to be on it this season.

Strange choice he was riding with an injury on Monday at rye house  and he was poor.scott would have better choice if he was available ?

1 hour ago, The Doctor... said:

What meeting were you referring to Doctor???    i know you were a huge Todd fan.Also another question Doctor  when did you see the real progress from the terrific Per Jonsson? i see a lot of Per from 84/ 89 then stopped going to Reading.Per had a lovely riding style rode a lot with Malc Holloway i  knew he would be good never thought he would be World Champ though thought Gustafsson might get there before him.

47 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Maybe Chris H of Dorset and Troy B from Wiltshire could endorse your comments? 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Observer said:

Really? Have you not seen him around Wimborne Road this year? His last 2 scores have been 12 & 9

Edited by daz9100

23 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

Maybe Chris H of Dorset and Troy B from Wiltshire could endorse your comments? 

Na, whinging Aussies would never agree when there's a bit of dirt on the track...…..!!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Na, whinging Aussies would never agree when there's a bit of dirt on the track...…..!!!!

Oh Please......

Not this subject kicking off again :o

Don't know what is worse this or the ongoing track issue from last night. Have we really got to wait another 2 weeks for the next home meeting before we can kick this subject into the long grass :D

you would have thought that matt ford would have made a statement on last nights shambles not a peep out of him unless i have missed it somewhere

Best he looks at sorting out the track otherwise there won't be a club to attract all these riders

you seem to want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sommelier said:

....for his team to lose!!!  Nothing to be learned here, Poole have been doing it all season!!:D

• Like 1