British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

3 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Thought we were ok under Merv and Pete's stewardship.

Club was sound since 83.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Thought we were ok under Merv and Pete's stewardship.

Prob wasn't as serious as before but there was definitely petitions at the turnstile and passed through the stands. The council wasn't massively keen on speedway like it is now.  

• Like 1

i see concretors covering an area of around 1200m2 with plastic on a regular basis in australia to stop any potential rain ruining their surface.... the next day they come in after a huge downpour and their concrete has a perfect finish on it. I am sure someone could come up with a proper system to cover tracks. 

Maybe covering the actual track in it first then use Najjers idea of clipping another layer from the fence down to the centre green?

all it would take someone with a “well sort it attitude” rather than someone who gives up at the first hurdle.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Prob wasn't as serious as before but there was definitely petitions at the turnstile and passed through the stands. The council wasn't massively keen on speedway like it is now.  

Probably something to do when the football left the stadium ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Now you can see why Poole Bolton stepped out of the Forum with people like the Muppets kind of reply to a lot of his sensible posts.

Interesting its another Ipswich Fan who comes in from the side with such a comment. At least Gavan has a good element of sensible input

Im still here. Just been reading for a bit. 

I would like to see Erik Riss ride for us. He seems to be riding well across Europe at the moment. Just a thought. 

I still have faith in the guys just need a few good meetings, anyway all club loyalty goes for the next week COME ON TEAM GB 

The contentious track cover debate.

Trouble at Poole like other multi use stadium is the centre green needs content access nearly every day so can't see these being any use.

Also if fixed to top of fence these will obstruct the views of the dog racing which definitely won't be allowed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Mate. Ive not read all the dross on here sinse dinner time and i really cannot be bothered to read those posts they are just anti poole snipping and know nothings. You talk a lot of sense and im happy to read you posts.
Mate our problem is 3 fold, but the biggest problem we have had is the weather and the water table. the tides are getting higher and will eventually re-claim land, so you mix  that with the unpredictable weather and heavy downpours and what do you get ? But you are wasting you time telling these on here because it goes in one ear and out the other.  A Orlov hit the nail on the head with one of his posts this morning, and he was spot on, and he's a Swindon fan...

you keep slagging people off for asking a question we all know the weather is rubbishe but in your own words the track

was never going to be ready in time on the day and that was at 11 am when you got there .and if it is true that there was

only 1 track staff then it should of been called then.i can understand maybe trying to give it a go as we have done that at lakeside

on many occasions to no avail but it would have never happened with 1 person. Wednesday is you race night and you cant tell me that

all you ever had is one track staff so what was there problem are they paid or voluntary at poole? if no one else turned up then maybe

there is some TROUBLE AT MILL as they say

and I think the people that travelled on the day only to be turned away just before it was due to open have the right to be pissed off

and are entitled to their opinion.

So going forward if weather patterns are changing with dryer winters and wetter spring into summer will Poole like other venues just do nothing?