British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

9 hours ago, Pinny said:

Maybe on twitter having a live show off “@hornygirlf**k”? :blink::blink:

Give us a striptease!

32 minutes ago, ray c said:

I am not referring to Glyn in my comment middleditch said it was raining all morning in Poole yesterday morning and this is completely not true 

It rained all night tuesday night. You could not walk on that track at 11.30.

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well their track prep must be rubbish cos hasn't rained much at all today. Wolves had actual floods the day before their meeting, and still got it on! 

Wolves trackman.....got it on despite flooding.....Poole trackman.....same guy! Work it out.......

55 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

The REFEREES decision.

It was the referee's decision after consulting with the riders

Starry your explanation of events and attempts to get the meeting on are correct. However one thing that was not mentioned is the difficulty the track  has in draining properly due to the local water table and high tides.  Middlo's explanation in the Echo has clarified that all the water got into the base in certain parts of the track and managed to break up the base causing much of the repair work that Glyn had carried out before the season started to be wrecked, leaving holes that were deemed too dangerous for racing..

No body can deny that the track has been much much smoother during early season even though with very different weather conditions EVERY week its proved difficult to provide a consistent surface for the riders.  The riders met with Glyn in a behind closed doors session after the Rye House meeting, the results of which provided a great meeting against Wolves - albeit somewhat dusty in places!

I hope that with the 2 week break ahead of us, the club has enough time (and money) to properly repair the trackbase again.

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

It was the referee's decision after consulting with the riders

Starry your explanation of events and attempts to get the meeting on are correct. However one thing that was not mentioned is the difficulty the track  has in draining properly due to the local water table and high tides.  Middlo's explanation in the Echo has clarified that all the water got into the base in certain parts of the track and managed to break up the base causing much of the repair work that Glyn had carried out before the season started to be wrecked, leaving holes that were deemed too dangerous for racing..

No body can deny that the track has been much much smoother during early season even though with very different weather conditions EVERY week its proved difficult to provide a consistent surface for the riders.  The riders met with Glyn in a behind closed doors session after the Rye House meeting, the results of which provided a great meeting against Wolves - albeit somewhat dusty in places!

I hope that with the 2 week break ahead of us, the club has enough time (and money) to properly repair the trackbase again.

I didnt mention about the water table, its the only thing i didnt mention it was late.. Sadly that is also having a massive effect. Neils explanation is the same as mine, and correct.
It is soooo anoying but its just one of those things. Hopefully it will be rectified. But again, Glyn will have to go through the whole process again..
As i also said, with the amount of rain we have had this spring and winter has been stupid, mix that with the water table and you have a problem. You are fighting a loosing battle. Glyn even tried to pre-empt the riders by blading it off.  Rightly or wrongly he tried.

Edited by Starman2006

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

I understand what you are saying and i agree with you. But the referee made the decision to call the meeting off. The  riders may/ or may not have had a say in the matter.  End of the day rider safety is paramount. Glyn moved heaven and earth to try and get that meeting on. please read my post. We are all rather sick of this weather, and spare a thought for Matt, the buck stops with him, this is costing him thousands.

Rather sick of this weather? It's only been a bit dodgy Tues, Weds and today. Monday was 26 degrees!! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Rather sick of this weather? It's only been a bit dodgy Tues, Weds and today. Monday was 26 degrees!! 

Yup, and its still raining now.

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yup, and its still raining now.

But Wolves had actual floods the day before their meeting Starman, so I'm afraid it doesn't wash. Maybe instead of wasting thousands on call offs, it could be invested into the track prep. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

But Wolves had actual floods the day before their meeting Starman, so I'm afraid it doesn't wash. Maybe instead of wasting thousands on call offs, it could be invested into the track prep. 

Glyn also does Wolves. Poland for example are all geared up for it. Speedway is there no 1 sport, in this country sadly speedway does not come close. Believe me, if the truth was told we are not the only club to exprience problems, except we also have a water table/ tide problem.
There is nothing, you can do about the weather, it is very anoying for everybody from us the fans to Matt and Gordon the promotion.
People have short memories, the 7 league titles we have won and the umpteen other trophies. There have been many times that the track has been good.
But you can do nothing about the weather. Believe me, Matt will not sit on this he will not like whats going on,, he will get to the bottom of it.
what started out as  a very promising season is turning into an Anus horibilous, but there is plenty of time to turn things round, weather premitting.

Edited by Starman2006

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Glyn also does Wolves.

That makes last night even more shocking then!!

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That makes last night even more shocking then!!

.....yes it does in a way - just wondered if it would promote a more resasoned out way of thinking.....

• Confused 1

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Lisa.

Wolverhampton has always had a good track......Not enjoyable for racing (My opinion).....But it's always been prepared very well and it can take a certain amount of rain.

Our track is the opposite.......It's a poor track and has been for years.......Problem after problem after problem.....Our track is already damaged goods before the poor weather arrives. 

So things like yesterday are going to happen.

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

You going to come and lay them. ? and then take them up, maybe in the pouring down of rain, 5 hours to lay them properly and  4 to take them up, and thats to just put them on the centre green without rolling them up properly. When we trialed it EVERYBODY agreed including Ronnie Russell who brought them down said its just not practical. Then, you have to have the VOLUNTEERS to do it, people have to work, that unfortunately comes first.  Now, you can dig what you like out of that, and so can the other" experts" on here but you are all talking rubbish.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

I understand what you are saying and i agree with you. But the referee made the decision to call the meeting off. The  riders may/ or may not have had a say in the matter.  End of the day rider safety is paramount. Glyn moved heaven and earth to try and get that meeting on. please read my post. We are all rather sick of this weather, and spare a thought for Matt, the buck stops with him, this is costing him thousands.

If it's costing him thousands, why doesn't he pay for the track covers and pay for people to lay them? A whole track could easily be covered by a couple of people in a couple of hours.

It will be interesting to see the lineups of the two teams at the restaging of this meeting.

7 minutes ago, Najjer said:

If it's costing him thousands, why doesn't he pay for the track covers and pay for people to lay them? A whole track could easily be covered by a couple of people in a couple of hours.

You are joking, if you think it would only take a couple of hours I suggest you try it one day.

• Like 1