British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

we had this at Kings Lynn a few weeks ago too ...

31789367_10155414822182517_3652395628232704000_n.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

You are joking, if you think it would only take a couple of hours I suggest you try it one day.

Last Greyhound race at Monmore on a Monday is after 6pm.. Track is covered well before meeting starts at 7:30pm.

18 minutes ago, Najjer said:

If it's costing him thousands, why doesn't he pay for the track covers and pay for people to lay them? A whole track could easily be covered by a couple of people in a couple of hours.

Ive mentioned that. selective rading again from the sandcastle builder. Havnt you got a team you alledgedly support..You talk utter rubbish. i yes i do know.

Edited by Starman2006

11 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

You are joking, if you think it would only take a couple of hours I suggest you try it one day.

Thank you Orlov. Well said ive already covered that, no pun. But clearly he's been playing with sand or his train set..

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

That makes last night even more shocking then!!

Try reading my post/s first eh.. Same as anybody else who thinks its a doddle. But only shout and bawl because its..drum roll,.. POOOOOLLLLEEE.

Edited by Starman2006

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Starman....speedway is not Poland number one sport.  

Yes it is.

No it isn't. Google it.

It's football like most other countries

Edited by Baldyman

7 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Ive mentioned that. selective rading again from the sandcastle builder. Havnt you got a team you alledgedly support..You talk utter rubbish. i yes i do know.

I'll ask again then... I still don't understand the constant sandcastle references?

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Yes it is.

No it isn't - Football attracts bigger crowds.

19 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I don't understand why in speedway the covers aren't attached to the top of the fence and angled in towards the infield. Undo the straps and roll them out. Job done. 2 hours work at most.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

I don't understand why in speedway the covers aren't attached to the top of the fence and angled in towards the infield. Undo the straps and roll them out. Job done. 2 hours work at most.

Not quite as simple as that.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Not quite as simple as that.

Why not?

starman your slipping into "rude mode" go out for a relaxing stroll,this is a very embarrassing situation for poole speedway and difficult to justify  im afraid us poole fans  are just going to have to take the stick on the chin,and hope the track is not going to be an ongoing problem,if the track is back to how it was at the end of last season repairs are not going to be easy or cheap!!                    ( pssst anyone wanna buy a speedway team lol)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yes it is.

Poland's sports include almost all sporting disciplines, in particular: volleyball, football (the most popular sport) and motorcycle speedway, ski jumping, track & field, basketball, boxing, fencing, rugby union, field hockey, handball, ice hockey, swimming and weightlifting.

A quick google search has thrown this up. I've highlighted the important bit in bold and underlined it.

3 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I'll ask again then... I still don't understand the constant sandcastle references?

No it isn't - Football attracts bigger crowds.

Burnham on sea. thsts where you live, isnt it...  Speedway is definately on a par with footballoland. Football is our biggest sport, speedway once was on a par with it, with national papers regualry contrabuting and attendances in relation wre just as good. Spoeedway in this country has slipped dramatically.
We have many good sponsors at poole, but what we have being the biggest club in british speedway is a fraction compared to poland. They are also geared up properly for track prep. Many tracks barely have one tractor made of 3-4. in this country. and i wont name them... That doesnt include poole.