British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Leicester Prem A. 30/5/18

7 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

You said bone dry all day. 

Knew Middlo was right. 

Don’t make yourself sound more of an imbecile than we already know you are. I live less than 3 miles from the track. Bone dry all day.

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t make yourself sound more of an imbecile than we already know you are. I live less than 3 miles from the track. Bone dry all day.

According to Middlo it wasn't. 

Friend of mine on holiday at center parcs and checked Poole web site at 6 and all good.

Gets to track and it’s off, now if Midditch himself said it looked iffy who on earth makes the decision to run when he knows darn well that the riders won’t accept it!

Club should receive significant fine.

• Like 1

For a club so well run as Poole this just seems so wrong, not rained off, not track water logged, but track un-fit.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

12 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

According to Middlo it wasn't. 

I work 1/2 mile from the track and can confirm that from 9am there was no rain. FACT as you like to say (although in this case it actually is). :)

• Like 6

There is no way this meeting should have been called of we had a damp morning a cloudy afternoon when we got to the stadium at 6 15 the sun was shining .there must be something drastically wrong with the track at Poole . I been going to Poole all my life and say that has been along time ?

Just now, Pirate Nick said:

I work 1/2 mile from the track and can confirm that from 9am there was no rain. FACT as you like to say (although in this case it actually is). :)

Day doesn't start at 9am......Only in your tiny little mind does the day start at 9am......like you say......FACT.

3 minutes ago, Matt Ford Fan said:

Day doesn't start at 9am......Only in your tiny little mind does the day start at 9am......like you say......FACT.

My day does, well at least my working day.

• Like 1

MFF you are an absolute imbecile. You are arguing with people who live in Poole about the weather they have had. Shov is the biggest pro Poole poster on here and even he knows they have f*cked up. Wind your neck in.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Was out and about at 8 am and the roads were dry then and have been dry all day. It did rain overnight but was over by the time it was daylight.

Just sounds like a total ballsup with the track and an extremely expensive one judging by the amount of people at the stadium.

Honest opinion there SS.

• Like 1

Apparently the track man said there were two holes on the track but Matt misheard as “two Poles” and said “Crikey, call it off”. :)

• Like 1

I thought that Glyn was supposed to be a great track man.  As said above by flagrag it would be interesting to hear from him - because something is smelling strongly of fish here

14 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

MFF you are an absolute imbecile. You are arguing with people who live in Poole about the weather they have had. Shov is the biggest pro Poole poster on here and even he knows they have f*cked up. Wind your neck in.

Could have rained at 2.00am or something and those Poole fans didn't realise because they were snoozing. 

Which would make Middlo's comments spot on.