British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Harry The Goat

Constant infringements of Speedway Regulation 12.10

Just an observation here. I was amused to spot that rule 12.10 of the 2018 Speedway Regulations states:

"In all Official Fixtures, riders must provide and wear a jacket, suit or shirt showing the riders Riding Number on the front and back."

Having been to several meetings so far this season at various venues, and seen all Premiership teams in action (bar one), I wonder if anyone else has noticed how often this rule is broken?

It's the 'riding number on the front' part which is the issue. Many if not most riders do have them, yes, but odd ones don't (e.g. a heat leader in one particular team never wears one), and in one case an entire team didn't. On other occasions the riding number may become obscured by the neck gear protection that some riders wear, rendering it pointless. The riding numbers themselves seem to be of no standard specification, since they vary in where they're positioned on the body, in size and, occasionally, colour, meaning they're not always easy to read.

Can't say I'm particularly bothered myself whether or not riders wear numbers on the front - is anyone? - yet the SCB obviously is because they've written it into their 65-page document. And they take no steps to enforce it.

They don't enforce 12.11 either.

A set of 4 Helmets (or helmet covers) on which advertising is not permitted, other than the
manufacturer’s name, in these colours: Red, Blue, White and Yellow / Black; the RAL
Reference Numbers being: 3020, 5017, 9010 and 1023 respectively.

Riders are constantly failing to turn out in yellow and black in favour of yellow, which is a completely different colour with a different ref no.

Again, people will say it doesn't matter but failure to apply such rules regarding appearance makes the British arm of the sport look a disorganised mess. 

Presentation of the sport in Sweden and Poland, and application of the rules, knocks ours into a cocked hat.

• Like 1

How about the regulation that Poole were going to smash everyone this season? That’s been totally flouted.  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, DC2 said:

How about the regulation that Poole were going to smash everyone this season? That’s been totally flouted.  :)

Posters trying to have decent debate and along comes you with your usual rubbish :nono:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ray c said:

Posters trying to have decent debate and along comes you with your usual rubbish :nono:

3 hours ago, ray c said:

true tho :rofl:

And you wonder why speedway is seen as a sport followed by anoraks. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Rulebook full of stupid rules that everybody complains about and then we want to enforce them! :unsure:

On 5/30/2018 at 3:55 PM, DC2 said:

Ooooh tickle me sideways that's hilarious...hahaha ho ho he he  hahaha :icon_smile_clown:

Edited by Mr X

should be a rule ....meetings cannot be cancelled "after" the last minute.......(poole)

On 5/31/2018 at 12:08 AM, Jonny the spud said:

Lucky we've got a few anoraks left that follow the sport in this country that care about the shambolic way it's presented and the disgusting state of the stadiums we're watching it in eh?

Applying the rules is a basic necessity of any serious sport surely?

Hope some of these riders that don't make a fortune riding on the continent have other qualifications to fall back on because speedway will be semi pro at best in the UK in a few years.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 6

On 5/31/2018 at 12:08 AM, Jonny the spud said:

And you wonder why sponsors aren't rushing to sponsor the sport.

Absolutely pathetic comment from a father of someone involved in the sport.

Rules and regulations are there to be adhered too. They would be in other sports. Yet another reason why speedway is not taken seriously by many.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BWitcher said:

And you wonder why sponsors aren't rushing to sponsor the sport.

Absolutely pathetic comment from a father of someone involved in the sport.

Rules and regulations are there to be adhered too. They would be in other sports. Yet another reason why speedway is not taken seriously by many.

I was a fan long before my son was even born, does the fact that he rides in a country 1000km from where I live invalidate my opinion ?

Rules are there to be adhered to yet I’m sure if I was enough of an anorak I could look back through your posts find many times where you’ve criticised rules in the past. 

There are many reasons sponsors aren’t rushing to the sport and I’m sure a riders neck gear obscuring a racing number doesn’t feature very high ( or even at all)  on the list. 

But if calling someone you’ve never met absolutely pathetic on a website makes you feel good, knock yourself out. 

16 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

I was a fan long before my son was even born, does the fact that he rides in a country 1000km from where I live invalidate my opinion ?

Rules are there to be adhered to yet I’m sure if I was enough of an anorak I could look back through your posts find many times where you’ve criticised rules in the past. 

There are many reasons sponsors aren’t rushing to the sport and I’m sure a riders neck gear obscuring a racing number doesn’t feature very high ( or even at all)  on the list. 

But if calling someone you’ve never met absolutely pathetic on a website makes you feel good, knock yourself out. 

So that's twice you've decided to use the term 'anorak' which clearly you are doing in an insulting fashion.

THAT is the point I am referring to and hardly an attitude that will encourage speedway fans to sponsor.

What has criticising rules got to do with it? The original post pointed out a rule was being broken. Completely different situation.

And yes, I stand by my comment, it is and was a pathetic statement to make.

• Like 1

One  was a generic term to point out how the sport is perceived to non followers and the second was applied to me ! 

get  a life mate ffs

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

One  was a generic term to point out how the sport is perceived to non followers and the second was applied to me ! 

get  a life mate ffs

I've got one thanks.

No, your second use didn't apply to you as you stated "If i was an anorak".. suggesting that you aren't and that there is something wrong with being an 'anorak'.

Times have long moved on and being an 'anorak' or a 'geek' is no longer seen as being uncool in the mainstream.

Speedway needs to be embracing the statistical side of it, not mocking those who do.