British Speedway Forum

On 6/5/2018 at 3:40 PM, The White Knight said:

There would be less "hurt" Riders.

Proper sized, shaped, prepared tracks would do more to address the amount of injuries than slowing the bikes down.

3 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Except it hasn't. 

your reply doesn't appear to make any sense. It hasn't but bikes haven't been slowed down and tracks haven't been prepared properly, otherwise it may have done

my original post was 8 months ago! Where u been!!

Edited by ch958

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:20 PM, martinmauger said:

The local Asda now displays a smallish range of leaflets advertising local attactions: animal parks, stately homes etc.    Well today I picked one up which is all about Santa Pod Raceway, drag racing, and it occured to me that speedway could benefit from such a leaflet campaign.  I seem to recall leaflets depicting speedway info & fixtures were available at tracks in mid 2000's. The numbers of leaflets in Asda of the same subject increase and decrease so are at least some are being picked up and replaced.  Interestingly none of the leaflets I've seen in offer any kind of discount just the basic info: what, where, when and how much.  Just sayin'....

I think it depends where the track is. If there are a lot of people who are only temporarily in the area, then its worth it.

Catching a few recent meetings on the box, noticed the age demographic of the average fan. Perhaps a novel idea would be for the sport to team up with local undertakers and funeral directors.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, moxey63 said:

Catching a few recent meetings on the box, noticed the age demographic of the average fan. Perhaps a novel idea would be for the sport to team up with local undertakers and funeral directors.

Too late for the sport its already dead and buried, but the last few hundred watching might take up a money off offer. Would it have a use before date ?