British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Lakeside Hammers v Workington Comets - Friday 1st June

We have the opportunity to go top of the Championship tomorrow but face tough opposition. New greensheets take effect placing Zach in the main 1 - 5 whilst the injured Ben moves down to reserve meaning a guest will be required and the right choice has to be made. Mason Campton has returned from injury and in his first meeting back scored 10 + 1 from the reserve berth at Sheffield. Ty Proctor is in great form just now and, of course, we shall have to contend with Dan Bewley. A lot may depend upon which Rene Bach and/or Nicolai Klindt turns up.

Good choice of guest and this should be a good meeting, really looking forward to seeing Bewley.

Another tough contest for the Comets, we really need Rene and Nicolai doing better than they did at Sheffield , I feel we could have taken 3 points if they had put another few points in 

5 points on the road so far this season, more than we have got collectively over the last 3/4 seasons. 

Quite funny reading other teams seeing us as tough competition considering we were down to come 10th at the start of the season :D

Keep it up boys we doing okay :t:

Edited by Taylorj

23 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Another tough contest for the Comets, we really need Rene and Nicolai doing better than they did at Sheffield , I feel we could have taken 3 points if they had put another few points in 

5 points on the road so far this season, more than we have got collectively over the last 3/4 seasons. 

Quite funny reading other teams seeing us as tough competition considering we were down to come 10th at the start of the season :D

Comets are a good side and could well provide the Hammers stiffest test so far this season. Klindts a strange one. Very up and down, bu t he has had some  good meetings at L:akeside . From memory I think the last time he came was  few years ago when he guested for Lakeside against Swindon  in the Elite League and if I recall  correctly scored about 9 or 10 points . I don't think Rene Bach has been there since he was about 19, so its difficult to assess.

Weather permitting , it should be a good match

• Like 1

massive , massive home advantage for the Blip,Blip home side . as regarding Rene ( if i ride in the championship , i will only ride for Newcastle or Glasgow ) Bach .

he aint no number 1. he will be @ reserve when we do enough meeting . thats gonna bust his ego wide  open .  

be happy with a point tho .

cum on the lads ...

1 minute ago, jenga said:

massive , massive home advantage for the Blip,Blip home side . as regarding Rene ( if i ride in the championship , i will only ride for Newcastle or Glasgow ) Bach .

he aint no number 1. he will be @ reserve when we do enough meeting . thats gonna bust his ego wide  open .  

be happy with a point tho .

cum on the lads ...

As you well know, Rene said that when Alan Hedley was his sponsor and club owner before he walked out of Newcastle.

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

As you well know, Rene said that when Alan Hedley was his sponsor and club owner before he walked out of Newcastle.

so he only had 1 choice left and it wasnt Glasgow he chose . ased the promotion mid season if there was any spaces in the team . niva burn ya bridges , Kevin . 

3 hours ago, Daytripper said:

Comets are a good side and could well provide the Hammers stiffest test so far this season. Klindts a strange one. Very up and down, bu t he has had some  good meetings at L:akeside . From memory I think the last time he came was  few years ago when he guested for Lakeside against Swindon  in the Elite League and if I recall  correctly scored about 9 or 10 points . I don't think Rene Bach has been there since he was about 19, so its difficult to assess.

Weather permitting , it should be a good match

Emphasis on that word!! :D

If the right amount of Comets turn up I'd like to think we're good for something out of this and, considering we appear to be riding all our away matches first, the more points we get on the road the more it will stand us in good stead for when we actually start racing at home!! :D

yes should be a good close meeting our toughest test yet lets hope there

as many good races as our last meeting looking forward to it

lets hope the weather stays true  predicted score 49-41 COYH.

its funny how workington have suddenly gone from bottom of the pile and being no hopers . to having a couple of good results ( away )  and for other teams bigging their home fixtures with workington  up by saying its going to be their hardest fixture !

absolute bullocks . 

wait until you see our underperforming number 1 . 

but the best of luck to the worky riders and hope the 2nd trick track in the championship does not catch any of our guys out . home track advantage , you bet .

20 minutes ago, jenga said:

its funny how workington have suddenly gone from bottom of the pile and being no hopers . to having a couple of good results ( away )  and for other teams bigging their home fixtures with workington  up by saying its going to be their hardest fixture !

absolute bullocks . 

wait until you see our underperforming number 1 . 

but the best of luck to the worky riders and hope the 2nd trick track in the championship does not catch any of our guys out . home track advantage , you bet .

home track advantage yes  just like every other team

and as for bigging up the meeting  hows this comets are total crap predicted score 75-15 happy now

Edited by HAMMER180

17 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Paying Rene all the money he is owed by Workington from this season should help his form 

41 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

Paying Rene all the money he is owed by Workington from this season should help his form 

maybe newcastle should start paying ALL their riders and they may start preforming as they should . can i back up this statement ? you will never know .

i wonder if thats why rene wanted to come back 1/2 way through the 2017 season , ride but not get paid  . i have done that a few times, but still went back for more ..

Edited by jenga