British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Lakeside Hammers v Workington Comets - Friday 1st June

3 hours ago, Gating tart said:

Paying Rene all the money he is owed by Workington from this season should help his form 

And that makes it okay :rolleyes: surely if Rene ain't getting paid then the other 6 wouldn't be either ? Yet Ty, Dan, Mason rode their backsides off last week ,  its us fans getting short changed paying for hotels/diesel/entry fees to go and support the boys for them not put the effort in !!

Edited by Taylorj

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

And that makes it okay :rolleyes: surely if Rene ain't getting paid then the other 6 wouldn't be either ? Yet Ty, Dan, Mason rode their backsides off last week ,  its us fans getting short changed paying for hotels/diesel/entry fees to go and support the boys for them not put the effort in !!

Rene not the only one 

1 hour ago, Gating tart said:

Rene not the only one 

You seem to know a lot of what goes on at Workington 

5 hours ago, Gating tart said:

Paying Rene all the money he is owed by Workington from this season should help his form 

I'm sure they'll be enough in the petty cash box

or a certain male promoters back pocket !

i will assume most , if not all of those stories are made up from fans who spread manure throughout the speedway world . 

but to work for nowt . get a grip people . 

looking forward to our 75.. 15 scoreline tonighe, but be happy to join the 38 points club again as per last season . 

CUM ON THE MARRAS .

Edited by jenga

Very easy win for the hammers with all the team looking impressive. I expected a bit more from Workington to be honest, apart from Campton and Proctor the rest were very poor. I was looking forward to seeing Bewley but he was a let down he seemed more interested in trying to pull wheelies in his first few heats. Top of the table now and hopefully we can keep it going and we will be stronger once Morley is back in the side at reserve.

Not even close to 38, though good to see Mason and Ty in the points again though another disappointing evening for our 'Great Danes'.

Whatever was said before Peterborough and Glasgow needs to be said again it appears.

Does anyone know what is likely to happen to our line up when our averages are reassessed (assuming everyone is retained).

Dan Bewley just comes across as a bit of a throttle jockey to me, easy to do it on the big tracks with fast bikes but Arena requires skill and throttle control.

Bar Ty and Mason, the comets were very poor, but of course we are very strong at home because we have a very good team of really four heat leaders plus useful backup.

but dont forget that you were up against one of the poorer teams in the league and not everyone likes riding around a donut , sugar coated or not !

9 minutes ago, jenga said:

but dont forget that you were up against one of the poorer teams in the league and not everyone likes riding around a donut , sugar coated or not !

Only donuts I saw were riding in white and yellow helmets ;)

• Like 1

I must admit I expected a much closer match. The Comets were poor bar Campton and Proctor and never looked like threatening a powerful Hammers side.

I may have missed it, but was anything announced regarding how the young lad (Jacob Clayton I think?)  who crashed badly before the meeting is doing? The air fence took a lot of the oomph out of the crash but he still came down hard on the stock car tarmac.

24 minutes ago, marko said:

Dan Bewley just comes across as a bit of a throttle jockey to me, easy to do it on the big tracks with fast bikes but Arena requires skill and throttle control.

Bar Ty and Mason, the comets were very poor, but of course we are very strong at home because we have a very good team of really four heat leaders plus useful backup.

It is not easy to do it on  a big track  like Belle Vue and to come from the back regularly which Bewley has done  also  Bewley is not good at every  big venue  he is still learning his trade.Lakeside is not an easy track to ride but Bewley generally has done ok on the little tracks Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leicester, (etc) today  put it down to another learning day for Bewley.People sometimes forget just how inexperienced he is plenty  of riders have had nightmare meetings at Lakeside in the past and plenty more will do in the future.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 3

Bach certainly rode tonight like he hadn't been paid. He wasn't the only one mind 

• Like 1

would you pay anyone for a performance like he and klink put in tonight ?, me neither .. better off with N.L. guests .