British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tocha

Lakeside Hammers v Workington Comets - Friday 1st June

16 hours ago, jenga said:

leaksiders would not know an up and coming rider  if one  ran over them .

You have obvious ly never seen Jason Edwards , then, a product of Lakeside's Academy, still only 15 and raising more than a few eybrows in the NL . 

• Like 3

Alfie Bowtell is still raw but he has something about him no doubt.

Definitely mixing it more and I hope we stick with him.

On a personal note, I met Alfie on Friday evening and what a nice lad he is. 

7 hours ago, E I Addio said:

You have obvious ly never seen Jason Edwards , then, a product of Lakeside's Academy, still only 15 and raising more than a few eybrows in the NL . 

you are correct ,  i have obviously not seen Jason Edwards !  

19 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

You know better than me Aces but that is one thing that  Dan needs to do gradually upgrade his aquipment easier  said than done of course His bikes i believe are not the best and a lot of his points  he scores are because of his skill and ability.Look i am not for one minute saying his equipment is shabby but it is a expensive sport and it takes time to build your team up and get a great package together to really push on.Even Robert Lambert said ( who has two great parents who back him to the hilt) that he is at least two years off at having a fighting chance in the GP arena so it is tough even Tai showed that in his maiden GP year.

my youngest has just passed his driving teas , do i buy him a runabout to get used to the roads and gain experience of traffic and conditions or buy him a itchypussy impretza and see how long it takes to write if off , costing me a few grand in the process . my eldest started playing bass years ago . hie bass done him ok and gradually built up to big amps, better guitars and extra , extra stuff . early stuff done the job . .

its dans 2nd year in speedway , apart from a stint at m.bra  . dan always ride wide but also does the inside line as well . so where is the british final being held ?

Edited by jenga

Interesting reading this thread alleging Workington riders are owed money. If that’s really the case they would have done speedway supporters a favour by with holding their services - allowing the use of guests.

As a lakeside fan I can say that aside from Mason Campton and the Captain Ty Procter none of the other Comets showed any enthusiasm to race on Friday. Personally I was very disappointed in the riding of Dan Bewley having heard and seen so much of him this season.

The Workington “team manager” made no changes at all throughout the meeting, and coupled with  the usual lacklustre presentation by Lakeside made the evening one to forget.

It does not surprise me to see attendances are clearly down on what they used to be at Lakeside in 2016. The “ product” to use the modern term is clearly stale.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Interesting reading this thread alleging Workington riders are owed money. If that’s really the case they would have done speedway supporters a favour by with holding their services - allowing the use of guests.

As a lakeside fan I can say that aside from Mason Campton and the Captain Ty Procter none of the other Comets showed any enthusiasm to race on Friday. Personally I was very disappointed in the riding of Dan Bewley having heard and seen so much of him this season.

The Workington “team manager” made no changes at all throughout the meeting, and coupled with  the usual lacklustre presentation by Lakeside made the evening one to forget.

It does not surprise me to see attendances are clearly down on what they used to be at Lakeside in 2016. The “ product” to use the modern term is clearly stale.

our alleged  team manager is part of the problem. no T.S. rides . has no idea of the rules and to not juggle the team members around to try to even look as tho he was having a go is really poor . i think no T.S. was a money saving exercise by him . but at the end of the day , leakside can only race against whats put in front of them . to expect young dan to fly around a circuit thats the size of a miss shaped egg was asking a bit much . have a look on the you tube channel when worky were down this year and see what he does . you wont see any footage from glasow when we stuffed em , because they wont release the footage ! so good luck in your quest for fame . you have a big advantage at home and the team to win away .

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 3:21 PM, Aces51 said:

This idea that you only need to be a throttle jockey with a fast bike to excel on the big tracks is utter rubbish. Those who have watched Dan at the NSS not just beating good riders but beating them from the back, have seen that he has done it not by having the fastest bike but through using his skill and ability to choose the right racing lines and waiting for the best opportunity. 

So far this year he has, amongst others, passed and beaten Batchelor, Andersen, Masters and Kasprzak and I'm not talking about passes on the first two bends. All of the those are very good riders who have bikes just as fast as Bewley and who are more than capable of getting the right set ups.

Tracks like Lakeside and Wolverhampton do require different but also important skills but they are tracks that by their nature give riders who race there regularly a big advantage. 

You  cant judge a rider on the basis of one meeting , especially one in which the whole home team are on fire. Over the years I've seen riders of the calibre of Bomber, Scott. Lindgren,  and Doyley , to name but a few come to lakeside and score Less than 6 on occasions but nobody would call any of them throttle jockeys. They have all knocked up big scores as well. Equally I dont think Robert Lambert has ever won a race at Lakeside and certainly never made much of a  score , so against all that background, I dont think any sort of judgment can be made about Bewley. 

I think most of those who have been around the sport a few years have seen plenty of riders that looked good in their teens but never lived up to expectations, but equally we have seen those that were not all that hot early on but suddenly seemed to pull it all together in there mid twenties. Five of six years ago not many people would be betting on Jason Doyle getting where he is now.  Let Bewly develop at his own speed. He seems pretty level headed as far as I can see.

• Like 2

so whats that footage proving then ,  something like a seasoned pro passing a guy with only two and a bit  years riding speedway  or just showing what a great advantage your track really has ?

mr Lawson started off like dan and progressed into a top rider  . dan will do the same , but better !

On 6/1/2018 at 12:22 PM, Taylorj said:

And that makes it okay :rolleyes: surely if Rene ain't getting paid then the other 6 wouldn't be either ? Yet Ty, Dan, Mason rode their backsides off last week ,  its us fans getting short changed paying for hotels/diesel/entry fees to go and support the boys for them not put the effort in !!

I see it’s in the speedway star about Workington owing riders money Well I did tell you but you were having none of it !

On 6/2/2018 at 12:36 PM, marko said:

According to the program is was Steve Whitehead but whether they even had a manager present I have no idea, I would have been well cheesed off if that was my team and no real attempt was made to keep the score respectable.

Of course, Lakeside wouldn't ever do this, would they?

Particularly not at a crucial 2017 league play-off meeting at Belle Vue; when Jon (I don't travel North) Cook elected the 'Community Manager' to take the reigns. :icon_smile_clown:

1 hour ago, Gating tart said:

I see it’s in the speedway star about Workington owing riders money Well I did tell you but you were having none of it !

Keep up Gating Tart, that's old news now :rolleyes: 

7 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Keep up Gating Tart, that's old news now :rolleyes: 

Well you shot me down big time but your eating your words now ! But I do hope Workington can sort there problems out