British Speedway Forum

Looking at the fixtures for Sheffield, only just makes it pay for a season ticket, unless things change next year then it isn't worth paying it!

19 hours ago, psycho3a said:

Not just the lack of fixtures but also for me a few teams that will not be competitive..  I make a 80 mile round trip to Sheffield and I'm not making the effort to watch redcar and Berwick, already avoided Newcastle and redcar already.. I also miss 3 meetings in August due to holidays so pretty fed up this year already as I've been to 3 league meetings and steadys testimonial.. 

It’s funny that because we spanked you’s at home in the league and we are sitting unbeaten in 3rd with 9 points from 3 where as you’s are second bottom with 4 points from 4 meetings ahahahaha stop underestimating the teams that don’t have big names because we’re currently doing a lot better than both sets of tigers ans the witches aka the 3 league favourites, same goes for Newcastle as well.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sparks123 said:

Did you go to Newcastle and Berwick to see the easy Sheffield victories since the teams are not competitive?

I was at both and cannot remember what the scores were.

I was more intimidating at the home fixture as Newcastle, Redcar and Berwick have not got riders who go well at owlerton hence the one sided meetings... 

On 5/31/2018 at 6:43 PM, psycho3a said:

Not just the lack of fixtures but also for me a few teams that will not be competitive..  I make a 80 mile round trip to Sheffield and I'm not making the effort to watch redcar and Berwick, already avoided Newcastle and redcar already.. I also miss 3 meetings in August due to holidays so pretty fed up this year already as I've been to 3 league meetings and steadys testimonial.. 

So what you're asking for is even more fixtures that you may choose to stay away from and the BSPA to arrange the fixturee list around your Summer holidays :-)

• Like 1

It would have better to run the Championship Shield as two groups rather than three thus adding two more home meetings 

I have hardly missed a meeting since they reformed in 2000.

But after the fixture gaps the last two seasons being bad enough this year has made me actually loose the love of speedway. Three home meetings we have had in two month and now another three weeks to wait.

I'm just about giving up on the sport now.

• Like 2