British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
james1234

Prague 2019?

WHILE racing at the Marketa may not always come over as the best on TV, especially the early stages, as a package for those actually attending a SGP then personally Prague is top of my list. Great city, decent prices for alcohol and food, easy access to the stadium, etc. 

• Like 1

My first year there and loved it.  Not just about the GP for me especially when going away for a few days.  City was beautiful, food and drink excellent (and very well priced).  Loved the GP once racing improved and also went back for a meeting there on Sunday (poor racing but nice to get a sun tan while watching speedway).  Track was an ideal location on a short metro ride from town and well presented.  

Really hope they go back as I intend to.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, eric i said:

Having a gp in Malilla might have taken away from the attendance of the Stockholm GP, fans might not turn up for two GPs.

Hallstavik seems a strange choice to me, stadium is small, track is ok but really nothing special. I would say eskilstuna would have been a better choice.

Well see this post as to why I think i won't happen/why it isn't a good choice. In addition to that the entrance areas need to
be improved. The inflow capacity is too low since the old entrance is more or less reduced to 1 line because of that the go-cart track has
been allowed to expand massively the past 10 years. It has caused allot of problems for the speedway track.

15 hours ago, Sotonian said:

I believe the owners/promoters there have declined the chance to host a GP on more than one occasion.

Too expensive for the club to run unless the Pardubice City Council chips in with a few quid to help run it.

5 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHILE racing at the Marketa may not always come over as the best on TV, especially the early stages, as a package for those actually attending a SGP then personally Prague is top of my list. Great city, decent prices for alcohol and food, easy access to the stadium, etc. 

Can't disagree with the package put forward but shouldn't it be about the racing.  

4 hours ago, Cj69 said:

My first year there and loved it.  Not just about the GP for me especially when going away for a few days.  City was beautiful, food and drink excellent (and very well priced).  Loved the GP once racing improved and also went back for a meeting there on Sunday (poor racing but nice to get a sun tan while watching speedway).  Track was an ideal location on a short metro ride from town and well presented.  

Really hope they go back as I intend to.   

Twice you've said it was poor racing but you want to go back.    Why bother with the GP ticket, go for a holiday instead.

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

Twice you've said it was poor racing but you want to go back.    Why bother with the GP ticket, go for a holiday instead.

Said racing improved at the GP never said it was poor.  Even the first half the racing better than most other meetings Iv seen this year.  Yes Sunday was poor but I had good company and enjoyed a few beers.  

If I say I'm going for just a holiday the wife might want to tag along and why would I do that!!  :P:D

• Like 3

The choice of venues comes down to how much money the organisers are going to make. 

Edited by eric i

2 hours ago, eric i said:

The choice of venues comes down to how much money the organisers are going to make. 

Or how much the venues pay BSI for the privilege 

On 6/1/2018 at 8:27 PM, Mark said:

are we looking at the same GP. 

Yes. I suggest you re watch them sir.

Prague will definitely be on the list next year.Just awaiting exact date.

You need to be there live to enjoy it best, was miles better live than on tv. Nice atmosphere and great surroundings and I like to watch the riders chase the set up needed for the latter stages.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 1:18 AM, bringbackHalifax said:

Prague will definitely be on the list next year.Just awaiting exact date.

You need to be there live to enjoy it best, was miles better live than on tv. Nice atmosphere and great surroundings and I like to watch the riders chase the set up needed for the latter stages.

Exactly right. Only being there can you you experience the real atmosphere and powerful racing. The Marketa track isn't easy for sure but for a Grand Prix venue the location with easy transport links from one of the best cities in the world Prague would be a major miss on my and the SGP calendar. The crowd this year was fantastic and I recommend watching the previous days practice sessions there also.

• Like 1

Stand on the first turn down close to the fence. It's amazing how fast the top boys hammer it into the bend.