British Speedway Forum
fubar

Plymouth Devils v Belle Vue Colts - NL - 1/6/18

I have done my best to be a speedway supporter and first supported Belle Vue in 1966. More recently, I have tried to support the Colts and have attended all the home meetings and as many away meetings as possible.

I see that Smith, Bickley, Perry and Bowen are all absent from tonight's team to face our friends at Plymouth and a collection of riders who have nothing to do with Belle Vue have been brought in to replace them.

Well, that's the final straw for me - how can I pretend to support a team that mostly comprises of journeymen?

This is just a farce and the thought of going to Buxton on Sunday to watch their hotchpotch crew seems totally pointless.

How has speedway become such a disjointed mess where supporters are expected to pitch up and watch whichever motley crew is pretending to be their team?

Be seeing you.

1 hour ago, fubar said:

I have done my best to be a speedway supporter and first supported Belle Vue in 1966. More recently, I have tried to support the Colts and have attended all the home meetings and as many away meetings as possible.

I see that Smith, Bickley, Perry and Bowen are all absent from tonight's team to face our friends at Plymouth and a collection of riders who have nothing to do with Belle Vue have been brought in to replace them.

Well, that's the final straw for me - how can I pretend to support a team that mostly comprises of journeymen?

This is just a farce and the thought of going to Buxton on Sunday to watch their hotchpotch crew seems totally pointless.

How has speedway become such a disjointed mess where supporters are expected to pitch up and watch whichever motley crew is pretending to be their team?

Be seeing you.

To be fair credit to Belle Vue for getting the riders they have got as many a team has travelled to Plymouth with only local second halfers to complete the side. 

There is always a risk when a team has multiple double uppers in it and it is the curse of riders progress that it happens however the fixture planning is poor. Surely there could have been another spare date? Bowen would have obviously been missing anyway & Perry never favours small tracks (although hasn't been excelling on larger ones this year either) but the NL / Champs clash must have been known sine the list came out.

Belle Vue select at Plymouth.

solved the doubling up with the top two divisions.... once again The NL is treated with contempt

it may be regarded as a training/ development league but the fans deserve better with all these missing riders