British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

Workington cornets V Glasgow tigers SATURDAY. 2/6/2018 7 pm start .. NOT league meeting ,

speaking of muggy , can we mug them ?

26 minutes ago, cornhillcowboy24 said:

hope workington beat flash the cash tigers lollol

At least we have the cash to flash , maybe when you get a job and stop trying to get freebies into Berwick you can flash it lololololol.

• Like 1

I thought Glasgow  was the place to get in for free

well looks like some Workington riders tried hard to let Glasgow take the win 

but a draw was all they could manage 

track wasn't good tonight but a couple of riders gave it a go while others  spent more time looking over there shoulder making sure they left room on the right side to be passed 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

I thought Glasgow  was the place to get in for free

well looks like some Workington riders tried hard to let Glasgow take the win 

but a draw was all they could manage 

track wasn't good tonight but a couple of riders gave it a go while others  spent more time looking over there shoulder making sure they left room on the right side to be passed 

Draw is good enough though, all down to your trip to Edinburgh.

Workington were lucky/Glasgow unlucky tonight; if not for the Vissing slide-off in heat 10 (perhaps a result of the earlier third bend overwatering fiasco?) and his EF in heat 12, the points should have been Glasgows for the taking.

Fair play to the Workington management for having faith in a local rider, but it's beginning to look like a case of too much too soon for young Kyle, I fear the team will be carrying him for the rest of the season.

kyle was always going to find it hard at first 

its not him that's letting the side down 

theres 2 heat leaders that arnt interested

Edited by scaramanga
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Blue Groove said:

Workington were lucky/Glasgow unlucky tonight; if not for the Vissing slide-off in heat 10 (perhaps a result of the earlier third bend overwatering fiasco?) and his EF in heat 12, the points should have been Glasgows for the taking.

Fair play to the Workington management for having faith in a local rider, but it's beginning to look like a case of too much too soon for young Kyle, I fear the team will be carrying him for the rest of the season.

I know he is young,but find Kyle disappointing though he would have been more on the pace .

It would have been easier for Kyle last season when there were other riders under 3. The reserves of other teams are a lot stronger now, as long as he keeps scoring for his Belle Vue team he’ll be ok. 

• Like 1

Nice to see Dan starting to show what he is capable of at Workington and not just Belle Vue.  

Bach looks like his best days are behind him.  Don't know what to make of Klindt, too inconsistent.

• Like 1

Feel sorry for Kyle cause the rules for this season have worked against him always been up against strong experienced hardened reserves and no so called weak links in the opposition but he's trying his best and that's all you can ask and in time he will start to pick up some pts to build his confidence with a bit of luck.lets be honest this season is a learning curve for the lad.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Blue Groove said:

workington were unlucky as well , having 2 proven heat leaders just out for a jolly . falls and e/f.s are all part of speedway and always will be . just got to get a big win @ Edinburgh lol 

10 minutes ago, comet49 said:

It would have been easier for Kyle last season when there were other riders under 3. The reserves of other teams are a lot stronger now, as long as he keeps scoring for his Belle Vue team he’ll be ok. 

It is very tough especially being at number 6 if you fail in heat 2 usually it is going to be a tough evening keep faith he will be ok.

• Like 1

I have no problems with Kyle. This year will stand him, and hopefully us in good stead for next year. As others have said the problems, if indeed there are problems lie elsewhere.

I still believe we have a decent and well balanced team, however a couple need to find a little more consistency which is not being helped by a lack of track time at DP.

Tonight the track was very tricky, not helped by the over zealous watering but there was some decent racing from those who dared. Richie and Bomber were particularly impressive and were always going to provide tough opposition in 13 and 15, therefore the Comets did well to salvage a draw in the end - though unless we can come up with another away performance like we had at Peterborough and Glasgow it looks like the draw will be enough for Glasgow.