British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

Workington cornets V Glasgow tigers SATURDAY. 2/6/2018 7 pm start .. NOT league meeting ,

I see from the title of this thread that Workington have changed their name from Comets to Cornets; not a bad idea since Comet was the name of the failed electrical store and you might get sponsorship from a brass instrument manufacturer or ice cream firm - just a thought

6 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

I thought our number 5 was Klindt not Klimt, though it does now start to make a bit more sense.

Maybe we should stop treading on eggshells and glossing over the fact that we have lost matt and get back to winning speedway matches.

I'll get my coat.

Would that be your "first coat" CC2 or your second?? ;)

What a predicament . We're now in the position of actually wanting Edinburgh to beat Workington for us to progress . No self respecting Tigger ever wants that mob winning ......ever . But here we are in that very position . Our semi final place in the hands of the forces of evil . 

I suppose there is the possibility of Workington going to the dump on Friday and winning and us both qualifying , but that's too iffy . 

So through gritted teeth we have to hope Workington's miserable Armadale record continues on Friday . 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paulco said:

What a predicament . We're now in the position of actually wanting Edinburgh to beat Workington for us to progress . No self respecting Tigger ever wants that mob winning ......ever . But here we are in that very position . Our semi final place in the hands of the forces of evil . 

I suppose there is the possibility of Workington going to the dump on Friday and winning and us both qualifying , but that's too iffy . 

So through gritted teeth we have to hope Workington's miserable Armadale record continues on Friday . 

we dont have to beat edinburgh , we only have to draw . worky will  have the better points difference !

• Like 1

Well aye true , you only have to avoid defeat , but that still involves the forces of evil winning . 

we will do our best to make sure you go to the next round , you have an agent in rene and we have a weapon in klink . a proper weapon !

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jenga said:

we will do our best to make sure you go to the next round , you have an agent in rene and we have a weapon in klink . a proper weapon !

At least your sense of humour is still intact.

Agent Bach will ensure all is well for Friday.

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Sorts out the true supporters from the pot hunters. 

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

I rather think Sheffield's race points being superior to Glasgow's mean (and I would recommend sitting down at this point) that only an E*******h victory would see the Scottish Tigers progress. Sorry about that, I may be wrong!

2 hours ago, Fourentee said:

I rather think Sheffield's race points being superior to Glasgow's mean (and I would recommend sitting down at this point) that only an E*******h victory would see the Scottish Tigers progress. Sorry about that, I may be wrong!

No need to think. A quick look at the speedway gb website and being up to date you can easily see what is required 

On 6/1/2018 at 9:35 PM, jenga said:

come in numbers 1 and 5 . your time is up  @ D.P.

Enjoy reading all the Comets craic....don't add much at all. Did think there was a decent attendance on Saturday though.

BUT can I , dare I, ok I will ask a big favour.....so here goes.....is there any chance 'Jenga' of you possibly reducing all of that typed stuff on your profile pls....it only needs a couple of remarks by you and my laptop  page is almost filled...thanks in anticipation......

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2018 at 9:42 AM, dorothy58 said:

I agree that the fiasco of overwatering the 3rd bend and no information given was unacceptable.  We were watching the riders standing about at first bend and then a couple of them went over to 3rd bend to inspect the track and no announcement was made for 20 minutes. And why so much water was put down when in fact it was raining at the time is just plain madness. Other than that it was a good meeting with some good racing. Shame that there were not more people to see it, no wonder there are rumours of riders not getting paid, I can't see how Laura can pay them if that is the normal crowd level and that was with about 100 Glasgow fans. I fear for the future of Workington speedway, Laura has put everything into saving it but she needs more to people to come through the door or some big support from sponsorship.  We know how that feels at Glasgow, yes we are getting slagged as the millionaires but before the Faccennas took over we were concerned every season if we would be running the next. I sincerely hope the Comets can survive.

A few more there than your 350 crowd on the Friday :t:

3 hours ago, singy13 said:

Enjoy reading all the Comets craic....don't add much at all. Did think there was a decent attendance on Saturday though.

BUT can I , dare I, ok I will ask a big favour.....so here goes.....is there any chance 'Jenga' of you possibly reducing all of that typed stuff on your profile pls....it only needs a couple of remarks by you and my laptop  page is almost filled...thanks in anticipation......

done it just for you marra .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

A few more there than your 350 crowd on the Friday :t:

I wasn't there on Friday as i had something else on , Fridays aren't great for me , but is that all we had ? 

With the time and effort , ok and money , that has been put into promoting the sport in Glasgow , and we get a crowd that small - then the game is up and there's really no hope for the future of team speedway in this country . 

28 minutes ago, jenga said:

done it just for you marra .

Thanks a lot....I enjoy the banter, keep it going marra.....And I did think the crowd wasn't too bad on Saturday...in fact as I was parking nr. the grandstand I heard the car park attendants shouting "no more room turn them back"...although presumably our friends from over the border will claim  it was there input creating such a good turnout....??? 

• Like 2