British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

Workington cornets V Glasgow tigers SATURDAY. 2/6/2018 7 pm start .. NOT league meeting ,

33 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

Are the other clubs paying their dues to each other on time, ? with no home gate money coming in it's important that they get the money that's due from the away matches 

To add to Snappers previous answer....

The reason for the change was because what was happening reflected exactly as you describe...

Clubs with cash flow issues were then putting others under pressure by not paying the base pay rates x points scored earned by the riders of the teams who visited them...

Basically if clubs cannot pay there own riders then there is almost no chance of paying opposition riders...

It's an amazing Business Plan/Operating Model that British Speedway runs with...

Don't think Richard Branson or Alan Sugar would ever consider adapting it to their businesses and use it...:unsure:

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cometbaz said:

Yet another match lost by our underperforming 1 and 5. 

As for the fiasco with the third bend overwatering, it's no wonder we are losing fans. Which other sporting event would leave the public sitting for 20 minutes in silence without the slightest indication of what the problem was. I know they can only announce so much but anything would be better then nothing. The sport gets more unprofessional every week. 

Whether it was just my ears that deceived me I dont know but I'm pretty sure I heard Dave mumbling the words, he was only "allowed" to announce so much with regards to on track events, how you interpret that is entirely your choice!! :D

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cometbaz said:

Yet another match lost by our underperforming 1 and 5. 

As for the fiasco with the third bend overwatering, it's no wonder we are losing fans. Which other sporting event would leave the public sitting for 20 minutes in silence without the slightest indication of what the problem was. I know they can only announce so much but anything would be better then nothing. The sport gets more unprofessional every week. 

I agree. I felt also, that Dave Hoggart, stepped over the mark, when he sarcastily stated that although he could only announce information when the referee instructed him to, "it was fairly obvious what the problem was" !!!   That is insulting the fans. Yes we knew there was a problem, but it certainly WASNT "obvious" !

46 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

I agree. I felt also, that Dave Hoggart, stepped over the mark, when he sarcastily stated that although he could only announce information when the referee instructed him to, "it was fairly obvious what the problem was" !!!   That is insulting the fans. Yes we knew there was a problem, but it certainly WASNT "obvious" !

You missed out this bit "Apologies for not being able to keep you informed, I'm only allowed to give out some information on the instruction of the Referee but you could see what I could see, that water from the bowser had dropped onto the track we were working on it, it's not hard"

Now if that's insulting please accept my apologies that wasn't the intention but to get some of the verbals I did was uncalled for, I don't make the decisions, never the less I'm pleased you came and as you are well aware last night my presentation was not up to the usual standard, sorry.

Edited by Hoggy
  • Like 7

I dont feel you have any reason to apologise..

As you say you are governed by the Ref...

Keep on doing what you do Hoggy!

• Like 1

hoggy you are 1 off the few good men in the sport 

and its a pleasure to have you at Workington 

if only you could be more involved and help save this sport in cumbria

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gazc said:

Draw is good enough though, all down to your trip to Edinburgh.

not that id think Edinburgh  would help us out 

but you never know they might just have a off night and be pleased Workington went through rather than there near rivals

3 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

not that id think Edinburgh  would help us out 

but you never know they might just have a off night and be pleased Workington went through rather than there near rivals

Your not suggesting that something untoward would happen in Speedway , surely not would never thought this would be possible ;).

• Like 3

I would rather klindt get away with withholding his services that  have to pay an watch him last night. He should be fined imo. 

Yes he's not getting paid but why should fans pay to watch that, even more so the fans at Sheffield an lakeside paid there good money to watch a rider go through the motions, unacceptable 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Midget said:

I would rather klindt get away with withholding his services that  have to pay an watch him last night. He should be fined imo. 

Yes he's not getting paid but why should fans pay to watch that, even more so the fans at Sheffield an lakeside paid there good money to watch a rider go through the motions, unacceptable 

So, he's allegedly not being paid by Worky but you want the club to fine him from the money that they owe him?  

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Gazc said:

At least we have the cash to flash , maybe when you get a job and stop trying to get freebies into Berwick you can flash it lololololol.

try hand outs to other clubs lololol

16 minutes ago, cornhillcowboy24 said:

try hand outs to other clubs lololol

The mind boggles.

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

The mind boggles.

Yes but his mind boggles more than most.

• Like 2