Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jenga

Workington cornets V Glasgow tigers SATURDAY. 2/6/2018 7 pm start .. NOT league meeting ,

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

I wasn't there on Friday as i had something else on , Fridays aren't great for me , but is that all we had ? 

With the time and effort , ok and money , that has been put into promoting the sport in Glasgow , and we get a crowd that small - then the game is up and there's really no hope for the future of team speedway in this country . 

I severely doubt the crowd was as low as 350 on Friday. Even in the very bad days pre 2015 we got more than that. I too had something on so wasnt able to go but its a natural reaction after being turned over twice in three home meetings, especially the appalling capitulation to the 0131 and the poor experience of the dust and excessive running time that day, that the crowd would be down. That day on its own could have undone all the good  promotional work done so far in 2018.

Normal service hopefully returns on Friday, attractive opposition, pleasant weather and a deeper track than the s**t that has been served up on Sundays.

12 hours ago, highroad119 said:

Fridays crowd was very poor, some decent races but took nearly 2 and a half hours to complete. 

Primarily because the Scunthorpe boys struggled to get up from their falls. 4 times in the first 4 heats. 

Then IRR on top of R/R didn’t help things. 

17 hours ago, Paulco said:

I wasn't there on Friday as i had something else on , Fridays aren't great for me , but is that all we had ? 

With the time and effort , ok and money , that has been put into promoting the sport in Glasgow , and we get a crowd that small - then the game is up and there's really no hope for the future of team speedway in this country . 

Hi Paulco, that came from a Glasgow fan at Worky on Saturday who seemed to be in the know. Saturday was a decent crowd especially in the Grandstand. I think because DP is a lot bigger than some places , it looks emptier than it actually is