British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DC2

Matt Ford complains about Assets

Now I’m not a big fan of Matt Ford but this quote from the Bournemouth Echo takes the biscuit:

“The situation with Chris Holder has damaged us severely, especially when the club has assets like Hans Andersen and Kenneth Bjerre at Leicester, Troy Batchelor at Swindon and Krzysztof Kasprzak at Rye House. Clearly, these riders would have been a great help to us at this point and yet they have not been available due to the rules and regulations.”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but couldn’t Ford have included at least one of those assets instead of Sundstrom and did he expect the others to sit around, waiting for Poole injuries, rather than sign for other clubs? Could he have included club asset Ellis Perks instead of Szzzzpaniak?

A selfish, spoilt attitude!

• Like 4

How do the contracts work in speedway, is it like football where when a player (rider) is loaned out, the parent club approves the loan?

However no sympathy, there was issues with Holder at the end of last season anyway, so it's his own fault for risking a spot on Holder.

Poole own the registrations - the use of the term asset is a misnomer

It simply gives them first chance to offer the rider a contract for the season and to collect a loan fee if they dont

This is exactly what Ford gas done so cant see why he is whinging

An 'asset' just waiting around to be used may well expect a retainer (possibly £50k+ each) 

As Poole cant see the value in racesuits I dont expect Ford would fancy the retainer situation too much!

• Like 3

Not sure if Batch would want to ride at Poole, anyway how is he a Poole "asset"?  Was this because he was a so called "asset" of Peterborough and was sold to Poole along with most of the Peterborough riders and what say did the riders have.  Have they ever been paid anything by Matt or the owner of Peterborough for being sold.  

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Now I’m not a big fan of Matt Ford but this quote from the Bournemouth Echo takes the biscuit:

“The situation with Chris Holder has damaged us severely, especially when the club has assets like Hans Andersen and Kenneth Bjerre at Leicester, Troy Batchelor at Swindon and Krzysztof Kasprzak at Rye House. Clearly, these riders would have been a great help to us at this point and yet they have not been available due to the rules and regulations.”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but couldn’t Ford have included at least one of those assets instead of Sundstrom and did he expect the others to sit around, waiting for Poole injuries, rather than sign for other clubs? Could he have included club asset Ellis Perks instead of Szzzzpaniak?

Your a bit late in the day with this. Still, we all know you are not a fan of Matt nor Poole, so i dont know why you bother.. What bait you using today ?

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Yes i agree to moan about assets like Hans riding elsewhere when he  could have used them its his own fault for not using them. Crazy not using Hans. 

• Like 9

Hahahaha, serves Matt right for not being loyal to riders! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Hahahaha, serves Matt right for not being loyal to riders! 

Most clubs are not loyal to riders they are treated as jockeys.. I personally dont wholely agree with it, but, in this day and age its all about averages. and if you want to win anything, you have to be competitive. Simple as that. Same as football clubs have to keep improving there squads, otherwise you just go backwards.

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

Sometimes it might be best to simply not post at all Starman. There is no possible sensible defence of what Ford is complaining about here so best to simply remain quiet.

Coming from somebody who doesnt like poole nor Matt im not suprised at the junk you and many others  write. Dont like poole or matt dont reply. Simple really..;)

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Coming from somebody who doesnt like poole nor Matt im not suprised at the junk you and many others  write. Dont like poole or matt dont reply. Simple really..;)

Ford has wrote the junk.

As per usual, you are just making it multiple times worse.

Who needs enemies when they have a friend like Starman!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Ford has wrote the junk.

As per usual, you are just making it multiple times worse.

Who needs enemies when they have a friend like Starman!

:D Nevermind mate.. I stick up for Matt beause he tries to do the right thing by the club. But nowadays its getting harder with the big boys pretty much calling it a day in this country.. I mean, we took your lot to two points, so it doesnt really say a lot for your team, does it..;)

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Most clubs are not loyal to riders they are treated as jockeys.. I personally dont wholely agree with it, but, in this day and age its all about averages. and if you want to win anything, you have to be competitive. Simple as that. Same as football clubs have to keep improving there squads, otherwise you just go backwards.

But many promoters are Starman... 

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

:D Nevermind mate.. I stick up for Matt beause he tries to do the right thing by the club. But nowadays its getting harder with the big boys pretty much calling it a day in this country.. I mean, we took your lot to two points, so it doesnt really say a lot for your team, does it..;)

Of course he does the right thing by the the club, its his club and his money. 

• Like 1